LampizatOr Golden Atlantic + TRP

perfusionist

Nov 4, 2020
Does Lukas add I2S connection to any of the Lampi DACs ?

I like to send a I2S connection from a Denafrips GAIA to the lampi. Is that possible?

perfusionist

Nov 4, 2020
Yes I don’t want to use the usb because I want to be able to harness the power of my reclockers I have before the signal is sent. So currently I am using a spdif connection from the antipodes P2 which gets its usb input from a SoTM Tx usb ultra which is clocked by a mutec ref10. (I know it’s a over kill, but to my ears it makes a difference:p)

the issue with spdif is I am limited to 192khz. I was hoping if I could pass through i2s, I could use DSD or the full 384 kHz that lampi allows. My lampi ga trp does not have a i2s input. Is this a module that can be added?

Reactions: Downtheline

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I don’t think so, though I’d benefit too if there was. My Oppo 203 has an Oppomod HDMI-to-I2S card in it, which I was using with PS Audio’s dac, mostly with DSD files. But theirs and very few others, I think maybe about three, handle I2S that way. When I was looking at dacs, I found that almost everyone handling I2S uses USB and software from a mobile device. For my purposes, not wanting to do the latter, Lampi doing an internal conversion of DSD to PCM was a saving grace.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
It's under the "EL" on one of your first photos. All you need to know about EL34's (and a whole bunch more info such as historical info about the various manufacturers such as Phillips and Telefunken). I read it over Christmas:

The first time I looked at the link, it was valid, though referred me to another link. Since then, I'm getting an "invalid" site response on that link and then MBAM shows there's a trojan there.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
That may as well be the case, but it always seemed to be working fine for me. Try to open it in incognito/private mode. Did you try using a different browser? Opera, Safari, UC, Firefox, Chrome, Edge?

At least the website is secured using an TLS/SSL certificate (https).

Google transparency report finds no unsafe content under this web address.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Opera, FF, Edge, Chrome, Vivaldi -- always the following:

This site can’t provide a secure connection​

digilander.libero.it sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
If you had it on multiple browsers then
it could be a real threat
or what I think is more likely is that you are encountering an internal SSL problem. Did you come across this issue before?
if yes then there are a few easy fixes
A) The date of your computer is not in sync with the date of the server.
B) Try to clear browsing data.
C) Cclear your SSL State.
D) Your antivirus may be blocking the SSL of this website. However, unlikely because SSL is up to date.
[/URL]
E) Firewall may be blocking the website

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Private mode no different. Not happening anywhere else. A-V programs sometimes give false positives that I bypass if I know it's likely false (and report it), but I'm careful about unknown trojan messages. The SSL link you provided gets the following:

\[URL\]digilander.libero.it does not resolve to an IP address. Please make sure your DNS records are set up correctly.​

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016

findog

Apr 29, 2019
www.tinyurl.com

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Ok, thanks. I’ll assume it’s a false positive and report it. On my iPad with Safari, no problem. To get the actual document, it looks like sending an email is required. Does that get a reply with a file, or a request for money?

leftside

Jan 22, 2018
Ok, thanks. I’ll assume it’s a false positive and report it. On my iPad with Safari, no problem. To get the actual document, it looks like sending an email is required. Does that get a reply with a file, or a request for money?
Request for money. It’s worth it. The guy must have put countless hours into it.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I am sure Pasquale spent months on this thorough analysis, but if he made his website look at little less like from early 2000s, then he would capitalise on it much more.

perfusionist

Nov 4, 2020
I just found out that my GA TRP has the old Amanero USB while the new ones have the JLsound USB. Anyone has thoughts on how they both compare? is it worth sending the unit to Poland to have this upgraded?

I just briefly looked at the JL sound website and they have product (board) called I2SoverUSB

What is this exactly? Can this module be installed on the Lampi to get I2S capability?
Thanks in advance for your answers :p

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I wonder if the change, if it’s to be made, could be done in the States. Lampi has a couple of techs they use here.

Reactions: perfusionist

leftside

Jan 22, 2018
Couple of nice tubes that haven’t been mentioned before. STC/Brimar 5B/254M military CV428 double rectangle getter from 1955. UK manufacture in Paignton/Devon. The stand out for me with these tubes was the clean tight bass.

C333B0D5-F0FB-480C-94CF-335651EA6974.jpeg

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing