LampizatOr Horizon - Tube Rolling Paradise

What is the difference between the 2 adapters?

What is the difference between the 2 adapters?
IIRC it is the pure extruded silver wire is used as well as copper shielding. The sound is amazing Never in a million years would I have thought an adapter for a tube could make such a difference but the sound will have you convinced with but a short listen. I was glued to my chair all day. In a few days I am going to put the Valvo back in for revaluation with its own special edition adapter

Reactions: LampiNA
Next up, I am told will be adapters for the SRS551 which was impossible before to find parts for. As I understand it Tibor and Laszlo have developed an adapter for the SRS551. Hopefully it too will as well as the twin adapter for the c3g/s will not only show up but hopefully also as "special version"

Laszlo and Tibor cannot be ignored now. One listen and everyone will understand how good these adapters are

Reactions: ctydwn
One last comment about TP adapters. Laszlo is such a perfectionist that he polishes to a high sheen all the pins on every adapter. This must be a very time consuming process but Laszo is in hog's heaven as he truly enjoys being able to help all Lampi users

I have even suggestd that at some point every Lampi user will be using these adapters until there is no more demand. I urged Laszlo to consider making all standard adaptors and create a big business on eBay but he's not interested. He says his joy comes from helping WBF members. @takacs75 you are one special person and I have to say kudos to you and Tibor for showing us all what is possible

One last comment about TP adapters. Laszlo is such a perfectionist that he polishes to a high sheen all the pins on every adapter. This must be a very time consuming process but Laszo is in hog's heaven as he truly enjoys being able to help all Lampi users

I have even suggestd that at some point every Lampi user will be using these adapters until there is no more demand. I urged Laszlo to consider making all standard adaptors and create a big business on eBay but he's not interested. He says his joy comes from helping WBF members. @takacs75 you are one special person and I have to say kudos to you and Tibor for showing us all what is possible
No I understand Emile from Taiko :) No time to read and reply . Thank you very much Steve for your kind words and to those who have supported us. I can name almost every active member from the thread. We are doing our best to make better and better adapters for more and more tubes. What can I say, I am happy if you guys are happy.

No I understand Emile from Taiko :) No time to read and reply . Thank you very much Steve for your kind words and to those who have supported us. I can name almost every active member from the thread. We are doing our best to make better and better adapters for more and more tubes. What can I say, I am happy if you guys are happy.
you're a very special person Laszlo.....I have read every one of your posts and truly you brought me out of tube rolling retirement as you showed me what was possible with some changes in tubes. And then just when I was back in retirement along comes the TP adapters and then the special edition adapters along with updated Star grounding. Each time the change in sound was anything but subtle and to prove beyond any doubt that a well built adapter plus grounding makes a big sonic uptick. I know you and Tibor continue to create miracles and I know you have a lot of happy clients here who also feel that you have enriched their sonic experiences.

The only cloud (and it's no ones fault) but once a new King Of The Hill was proclaimed the price of those tubes doubled overnight and supply dwindled immediately.

So if you Lampi users haven't reached out yet to Laszlo you should.. I used Laszlo's first standard version of Star grounding which I commented on earlier. It made an audible difference. However the Special Edition Star grounding with pure single strand extruded silver with a spade at the end to attach to the Horizon ground will lower the sound floor considerably. For that reason alone I know Laszlo makes these to the Horizon measurements and mine fits like a glove. I bet if people ask he might consider making them for other Lampi models

Kudos Laszlo and Tibor

"The King is dead, long live the king"

After several months of absence from listening due to various reasons with the autumn and winter approaching I've resumed finally with some music time. Being absent I was still reading those pages and frankly posts from Steve regarding higher gain of c3g ringed a bell as my system loves additional gain. Laszlo gave his input as well so I was trying beside c3g also an e83f. e83f by any means is the absolute price/performance champion. Works like a charm even comparing to Mullard.

But Siemens as advised not only by Steve, Laszlo and few others really delivers on all possible fronts. Pitch black (black hole) background, details retrieval, dynamics, tone "color" but it is exceptional also on the front of extensions. Bass is super well defined, deep and never boomy. Major diff vs. Mullard is speed and being a tad less "colored" but also somehow bringing more information into the picture. All in all entire package is seductive and I love it.

Pentodes wise I moved away from OS1/P17c not from the reason I don't like them (actually i do a lot) but I just found that in my totally DHT based amplification system I don't need any tube placing additional (slight) focus on the mids hence I'm utilizing Telefunken el156. @marty did an extensive shootout between these types plus some more and his winner was P17c while TFK was a tad, not behind, but different so he might shed some more light on this topic.

All tubes i played with, were with eBay adapters and towards the end of the week I should get the TP adapter for c3gS so I hope there will be some additional uptick in SQ.

Not to forget rectifer(s) were Osram U18/20, Marconi 5R4 and Valvo G2504, RCA 5u4g...i just swap them around when I'm bored ( :D ).

All in all I would assume above written summarizes in a best way dethroning of Mullard ecc32 by Siemens c3gS in my system (key point) - until I/we find a new King or maybe Queen.​

After several months of absence from listening due to various reasons with the autumn and winter approaching I've resumed finally with some music time. Being absent I was still reading those pages and frankly posts from Steve regarding higher gain of c3g ringed a bell as my system loves additional gain. Laszlo gave his input as well so I was trying beside c3g also an e83f. e83f by any means is the absolute price/performance champion. Works like a charm even comparing to Mullard.

But Siemens as advised not only by Steve, Laszlo and few others really delivers on all possible fronts. Pitch black (black hole) background, details retrieval, dynamics, tone "color" but it is exceptional also on the front of extensions. Bass is super well defined, deep and never boomy. Major diff vs. Mullard is speed and being a tad less "colored" but also somehow bringing more information into the picture. All in all entire package is seductive and I love it.

Pentodes wise I moved away from OS1/P17c not from the reason I don't like them (actually i do a lot) but I just found that in my totally DHT based amplification system I don't need any tube placing additional (slight) focus on the mids hence I'm utilizing Telefunken el156. @marty did an extensive shootout between these types plus some more and his winner was P17c while TFK was a tad, not behind, but different so he might shed some more light on this topic.

All tubes i played with, were with eBay adapters and towards the end of the week I should get the TP adapter for c3gS so I hope there will be some additional uptick in SQ.

Not to forget rectifer(s) were Osram U18/20, Marconi 5R4 and Valvo G2504, RCA 5u4g...i just swap them around when I'm bored ( :D ).

All in all I would assume above written summarizes in a best way dethroning of Mullard ecc32 by Siemens c3gS in my system (key point) - until I/we find a new King or maybe Queen.​
When you have too much gain you can use a C3o tube;)a little bit under e83fc3o_siemens.jpg

I never have too much gain :D

• Haha
Reactions: DasguteOhr
Its fascinating or head scratching how system to system, what works and what doesn't. The Chelemer SRS RS/1003 along with the E83F were an obvious no go in my system. In all combinations I was using the Valvo 2504. In fairness, Laszlo did call the RS/1003 atomic bombs before sending them to me. More like Heat seeking missiles! I tried the E83F (with the new adapters which are really beautiful) without the RS/1003, OS1's in place, still way too much, brittle, brash, the tonality was too much in your face. Or lack of? I don't know, I think its a combination of all Solid State except for the H, and the neutrality of the Mephisto?

Last edited:

Its fascinating or head scratching how system to system, what works and what doesn't. The Chelemer SRS RS/1003 along with the E83F were an obvious no go in my system. In all combinations I was using the Valvo 2504. In fairness, Laszlo did call the RS/1003 atomic bombs before sending them to me. More like Heat seeking missiles! I tried the E83F (with the new adapters which are really beautiful) without the RS/1003, OS1's in place, still way too much, brittle, brash, the tonality was too much in your face. Or lack of? I don't know, I think its a combination of all Solid State except for the H, and the neutrality of the Mephisto?
@Golum

To be fair the gain came from using the c3gs with the Valvo G2504. It was highly resolving and filled with detail to the point of trending to being analytical. The Valvo G2504 is a monster of a tube.

When I went back to the TFKN RGN2004 everything was perfect and I could use unity gain pass through at 63 on the Horizon with my preamp. Best Ive ever heard in my system

However having said this, I have discovered a new revelation over the past 5 days........and that was the addition of the Taiko Router and DCD to my system. Much to my amazement these two components have completely tamed the feeling of system overload. What I hear now is even better than before. My preamp In fact has been at detente level 6 with none of that feeling. Previously at was at detente level5. So this to me re-opens the possibility of rolling back in the Valvo G2504. With the change in sound from the router and DCD, everything is about as good as I have heard yet again. I decided to allow a few more days of burn in on the Router and DCD before I try the different filters. I am going to spend these days with the Valvo G2504 in play. FWIW, I have also found that the Special Edition of TP adapters has also been a big factor in taming the "too. much dynamics".....This needs to be explained better. For my ears, my digital sounds best when I can pass the entire signal from the Horizon at volume 63 to my preamp. Before the special edition TP adapters, I could not do this. Now I can.I had to dial back to 59 to tame the sound but in doing such I felt I lost a lot of detail. Now the router and DCD have tamed it even more and at 63 I have even better control with my preamp.

If others are sharing the same issues, I recommend reaching out to Laszlo for one of his Special Edition adapters. It is a mind blow how his adapter with his new Star Grounding wires have created for me at least a system solution. Top of my list this weekend is swapping the RGN 2004 for the Valvo G2504. I do find that I prefer the mesh plate rather than the solid plate version of these tubes

Stay tuned

Reactions: ctydwn
Buddy, I don't think you should scratch your head at all in regard to above as it is system dependent. All advises should be taken with a grain of salt and as a general pathway. All those tubes are great which are mentioned as a top performers, but will they fit the bill at your home you can't know until you try. Those particular tubes in your rig, or the ones you daily use, make sense to me and yeah, I would say it's the interlink between signature of your electronics/speakers and what source is feeding them with. At my place except DAC, which is now only component not DHT based, pre is one stage DHT (10Y tube - super low gain) and DHT power amps. So, the high gain tubes, fast, open with let's call it neutral presentation fits the bill perfectly with me.
I'll give you another example from a good buddy of mine @Thundersnow. Basically he liked a lot Mullards and c3gS with his old speakers (Marten Coltrane 3). Now he got bigger model (Mingus Orchestra or something like that) and with those two tube types things were just way too much detailed and upfront (like you're mentioning) so he adjusted going back to RCA 5682.
So no worries, get ready for the winter in your wonderland with a glass of wine from your cellar and enjoy the fine music ;) . Life is good!​

Last edited:
Buddy I don't think you should scratch your head at all in regards to above as it is system dependent. All advises should be taken with a grain of salt and as a general pathway. All those tubes are great which are mentioned as a top performers but will they fit the bill at your home you can't know until you try. Those particular tubes in your rig or the ones you daily use make sense to me and yeah I would say its the interlink between signature of your electronics/speakers and what the source is feeding them with. At my place except DAC which is now not DHT based, pre is one stage DHT one (super low gain) and DHT power amps. So the high gain tubes, fast, open with lets call it neutral presentation fits the bill perfectly with me.
I'll give you another example from a good buddy of mine @Thundersnow. Basically he liked a lot Mullards and c3gS with his old speakers (Marten Coltrane 3). Now he got bigger model (Mingus Orchestra or something like that) and with those two tube types things were just way too much detailed and upfront (like you're mentioning) so he adjusted going back to RCA 5682.
So no worries, get ready for the winter in your wonderland with a glass of wine from your cellar and enjoy the fine music ;) . Life is good!​
Everything is cool here man. When is business taking you to NC? I need some help here with this damn wood! I'll wine and dine you! You won't want to leave! Today I've been taking it easy, music on at 5am, tomorrow I'll be hard at it.

Joking aside I understand what you are referencing. System dependent is key. Been doing this audio since 19 years old with never a tube component until the H. Sometimes curiosity gets the best of you! I went a little crazy with the tube situation. Now quite content, you live and learn! I did learn some valuable lessons about tubes in a short period of time.

Cool weather coming, I'll tip a glass to you tonight my friend!

@Golum

To be fair the gain came from using the c3gs with the Valvo G2504. It was highly resolving and filled with detail to the point of trending to being analytical. The Valvo G2504 is a monster of a tube.

When I went back to the TFKN RGN2004 everything was perfect and I could use unity gain pass through at 63 on the Horizon with my preamp. Best Ive ever heard in my system

However having said this, I have discovered a new revelation over the past 5 days........and that was the addition of the Taiko Router and DCD to my system. Much to my amazement these two components have completely tamed the feeling of system overload. What I hear now is even better than before. My preamp In fact has been at detente level 6 with none of that feeling. Previously at was at detente level5. So this to me re-opens the possibility of rolling back in the Valvo G2504. With the change in sound from the router and DCD, everything is about as good as I have heard yet again. I decided to allow a few more days of burn in on the Router and DCD before I try the different filters. I am going to spend these days with the Valvo G2504 in play. FWIW, I have also found that the Special Edition of TP adapters has also been a big factor in taming the "too. much dynamics".....This needs to be explained better. For my ears, my digital sounds best when I can pass the entire signal from the Horizon at volume 63 to my preamp. Before the special edition TP adapters, I could not do this. Now I can.I had to dial back to 59 to tame the sound but in doing such I felt I lost a lot of detail. Now the router and DCD have tamed it even more and at 63 I have even better control with my preamp.

If others are sharing the same issues, I recommend reaching out to Laszlo for one of his Special Edition adapters. It is a mind blow how his adapter with his new Star Grounding wires have created for me at least a system solution. Top of my list this weekend is swapping the RGN 2004 for the Valvo G2504. I do find that I prefer the mesh plate rather than the solid plate version of these tubes

Stay tuned
Ive spent most of the day having swapped out the TFKN RGN 2004 for the Valvo G2504 each used with the just released TP Special Edition adapters for each tube

I have to rethink my comment about the effect of the new Taiko Router and DCD as I am now convinced that the ability to tame the sound of both these tubes happened with the addition of TP SE adapters before the Router/DCD was added to the system

By way of followup today the Valvo G2504 isa tube I love but as I said it is a monster of a tube and for me it was impossible to tame the feeling of just too much....excellent sound but somewhat too much. in my room. With the addition of the SE adapter for RGN2004, there was never an issue as I could pass the entire signal from the Horizon to my Lamm preamp and I could easily keep the gain at the level I typically listen. Heretofore I could not do this with the Valvo and previous adapter. It was like having a stick of dynamite up the backside of an angry bull and this prompted me to return to the RGN 2004...until today. The Valvo and new TP SE adapter fit like a glove and much to my pleasure I could do the same as I could with the RGN, specifically pass full signal and use my preamp at my usual listening level. If I used only the switch without router/DCD there was really no change in the sound suggesting to me that the mitigating factor in allowing this to happen is the TP SE adaptor.

I have no pony in the game but I really am amazed how t both of these adapters have allowed me to listen to my music at my typical levels.

At the end of the day, two superb rectifiers and 2 superb adapters and once again at identical levels the RGN2004 to me is more musical, with more air around the notes and more a sense of involvement, whereas the G2504 is a tube putting out more detail and filling the soundstage completely different than the RGN, yet I love them both.

I could not have done this without Laszlo's new SE adapters, a different one for each tube. To me these have become an essential part of my system along with his pure silver extruded single strand silver Star ground wire that goes from the rectifier to each c3g adapter and then is grounded to the Horizonn ground

It's been a fun experiment and I hope for those who have similar setups, that this helps.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing