LampizatOr Horizon - Tube Rolling Paradise

Not surprised with that configuration

The most abused component(s) ever are Lampi DACs - actually hats down how they survive all this rolling and keep performing/working..

The most abused component(s) ever are Lampi DACs - actually hats down how they survive all this rolling and keep performing/working..
as cousin Eddy said in Christmas Vacation, "it is the gift that keeps giving the whole year"......

Just to report my own experience with the TP adapters.
I was fortunate to be able to use them for both CG3 and e83f tubes
Absolutely Amazing is my only way to sum it up.
Beautifully made but the sonics!!!
Now the Tungsram e83f trounced my Mullard ECC32’s
I fully concur with Steve and Fred’s experience with the TP adapters
Great job Lazsio :)

Just to report my own experience with the TP adapters.
I was fortunate to be able to use them for both CG3 and e83f tubes
Absolutely Amazing is my only way to sum it up.
Beautifully made but the sonics!!!
Now the Tungsram e83f trounced my Mullard ECC32’s
I fully concur with Steve and Fred’s experience with the TP adapters
Great job Lazsio :)
Did you compare the super adapters sonically against simple ebay ones? Or just visually?

Simple eBay ones are not worth spending the money on
TP are in a different league compared to the eBay ones both mid range and sound stage
they even sound better when the adapter is grounded

Reactions: christoph
"European Mercury Rectifiers instead of 5U4G"

Hello Everybody.
I´m new here. I decided to be a member mostly for this thread talking a lot about similar 5U4G Rectifiers for Lampizator DAC. I´m not using digital but I love valves low power in Single Ended Triode. I´m listening with 0.9 watts in power and the second amplifier is with 0.2 watts, so my way to listen and results maybe are different.
I have a question about mercury Rectifiers, because I would like to try new ones and you know a lot about european rectifiers..
Years ago I decided to listen with 83 direct heated mercury rectifier. After listen many 5U4G and 274B WE (maybe others) I decided for mercury gas, a parallel world in that moment for me. And I continue with that just rolling and listening other tubes not rectifiers.
Now I´m living recently in Germany and I´m changing to European tubes. Now it´s time for Rectifiers. I really appreciate if you have experience with european mercury rectifiers and you can share about that, similar or close to 5U4G or 83.
I understand this thread is for Lampizator DAC but I think this kind of rectifier is exactly for this DAC too, so very helpful. In my case is for my power amplifier.
By the way, I can recommend 83 mercury tube. At least in my low power world fully of even harmonics, it was a great improvement (I was reading but I didn´t find here more precise information about this).
I don't know if mercury rectifiers are so good for DACs like for amplifiers. Maybe you have the experience as well.
Danke schön!
Kuro

@Kuro-rin, Hi and welcome to the forum. The main European mercury rectifier I am aware of is the AX50. I haven’t tried it but it is similar to the 83, albeit 4 volt / 3.75a. From what I read, it has strong dynamics but I personally have some trepidation about having mecury in a family room should the tube suffer a breakage.

@Kuro-rin, Hi and welcome to the forum. The main European mercury rectifier I am aware of is the AX50. I haven’t tried it but it is similar to the 83, albeit 4 volt / 3.75a. From what I read, it has strong dynamics but I personally have some trepidation about having mecury in a family room should the tube suffer a breakage.
Thank you!
AX50 is in my list. Soon I´ll try it and I can report, unluckily not in a DAC.
I understand that mercury has not the best reputation about safety, but audiophiles are usually brave and always a bit stupid ;) o_O
Very appreciated if somebody can compares between european solid plate, mesh and mercury rectifiers.
Very interesting what you say. I have an opinion just no experience yet with these european valves.

Thank you!
AX50 is in my list. Soon I´ll try it and I can report, unluckily not in a DAC.
I understand that mercury has not the best reputation about safety, but audiophiles are usually brave and always a bit stupid ;) o_O
Very appreciated if somebody can compares between european solid plate, mesh and mercury rectifiers.
Very interesting what you say. I have an opinion just no experience yet with these european valves.
The 83 is very well known for its sonic qualities but indeed due to mercury i have too ruled it out from my room. it will be hard to remove if one breaks and contaminates the listening space.

Reactions: ctydwn
The 83 is very well known for its sonic qualities but indeed due to mercury i have too ruled it out from my room. it will be hard to remove if one breaks and contaminates the listening space.
I understand.
Well, I confess that I was never thinking about it too much. Of course I respect the worries about that.
I met the 83 mercury vapor tube maybe 8 years ago and from then I´m listening it. Luckily my amplifier was using 5U4G rectifier and my favorite tube at that moment was 274B WE. Just when I heard a mercury rectifier I knew that I was lucky to find something new and special. I made a small modification in my amplifier (mostly to warm the filament first, like with these tubes necessary is) and I´m enjoying from then.
What is the special? At least in my amplifier the finishings are different. It is a kind of elegant velvet very sophisticated in my ears. Maybe same dynamic but a kind of more soft extension v.g. in violins, what you know are really complicated to reproduced. But not only violins of course, it is a transversal touch. Together with Single Ended Triode is another step to that we call "analog".
At the moment I changed all my valves to European ones, in Power amplifier and RIAA amplifier. Just I was playing with amplification and preamplification tubes, not rectifiers. You found a small "universe" with European (Deutsche, Dutch, British) rectifiers and I was reading very interested.
There are (usually hidden) jewels here. I was lucky to hear them (there are almost not good amplifiers where to listen).
Now I´ll try AX50 mercury vapor tube and we will see if I like as well. Luckily it is a well known enough tube and still easy to find.
And of course I´ll pay attention to your recommendations as well.

Microceremic sphere damping. Took quite a bit to get them in there but the whole base is filled with it. Once dry will get the exterior coat on for the innards. Srs adaptor heaven
Hi Plasmod,

can you please advise where I can get the microsphere damping compound?
Thanks

Reactions: ctydwn
Hm i overplayed a bit on the number of Siemens c3gS quads so if anyone is interested ping me. They are matched with measurement protocol per each tube in the quad.
Will write my finding on these a tad later...IMG_9528.jpeg

The past few days has been filled with fun and some challenges as the much awaited Taiko router and DC Director arrived followed a few minutes later by an other delivery from Laszlo with the much awaited individual adaptors for the TFK RGN 2004 and the Valvo G2504 along with a new pure silver Star grounding set of wires.Now here's the beauty in all of this. The genius of Tibor and Laszlo has resulted in the production of a "standard" version of these adaptors as well as a "special" version of both adaptors which IIRC are also wired with the pure silver wire along with copper shielding. These 2 adaptors look identical to one another. The only difference is that each contains the best resistor for its power requirements in the Horizon. I ordered the "special" version of both and along with Laszlo's newest pure Silver extruded Star grounding wires. Laszlo had said to me that these special versions are so good that he worried that once agin the feeling of increased dynamic might recur. Nonetheless I was up to the challenge . I immediately removed the large and tall adaptor that Ian had made for both tubes and inserted the Special version for the TFKN RGN 2004 and powered up the system after the new Star grounding was used

What a shocker as I was expecting a return to the huge dynamic presentation that I heard with the Valvo and Ian's adaptor. The dynamics were so much with it that I had to turn down the Horizon gain to 59 in order to still use my own preamp. This prompted me to return to the TFKN RGN 2004 where the dynamics were now absolutely perfect. This was my current set up until the Special version adaptors arrived.

I have not used the Valvo as of yet because the sound with this new adaptor and grounding was so good that there was zero concern that Laszlo worried these might cause increased dynamics In my system however the new special adaptor caused a smoothness to the sound that drew me in. Simply put there was no glare or increased dynamic. The music was the best I had ever heard with the RGN 2004. I spent the entire day listening before I took up the challenge of setting up the new router. I was mesmerized that an adaptor and better Star grounding produced music that I never expected. It was that good. Laszlo says they change for the better still after 100 hours of use.

I also found that with the Special version adaptor there was no issues re using my ow preamp at volumes that I play and enjoy. The sound was so good that later this week I will put in the Valvo G2504 with the special adapter and see where that leads. Right now I am one happy camper.

We are very fortunate here at WBF that with Laszlo and Tibor working diligently to turn out these adaptors for we Lampizator tube rollers. These adaptors aren't only beautiful to look at but they perform better than any other adaptors I have used. The Special version along with the new Star grounding wires are a must IMHO

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing