LampizatOr Horizon - Tube Rolling Paradise

David

to quote Lukasz. .......there aren’t any bad tubes to use. The Horizon just sounds great. So yes for me it IS set it and forget it. I did this purchase only because many believe it is a more musical tub than the 6900. I love the 6900 because the sound is "natural " to my ears. Nothing stands out. Top to bottom linearity

Congrats on the GG3.
What does the GG3 replace?
Thanks. It will replace my Chord DAVE plus M scaler. Actually not using M scaler now as my Grimm MU1 has on board upscaling.
I picked up a pair of EML 300b's today.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph
Thanks. It will replace my Chord DAVE plus M scaler. Actually not using M scaler now as my Grimm MU1 has on board upscaling.
I picked up a pair of EML 300b's today.
Did you audition and compare the GG3 against your DAVE?
If yes, can you elaborate on the sonic differences?

Or "just blind faith" when you ordered the GG3? :cool:
Don't get me wrong, I expect the GG3 to sound much than the DAVE, at least for my taste.
I'm not a fan of 300b in Lampi DACs, though :oops:
Can you get other output tubes to try as well?
With what tubes will your GG3 be shipped?

Last edited:
Hey Horizon owners! Imagine no adapters existed in the world and you had to use a combination of tubes to go with your Horizon. Which pentodes/triodes/recti combo would you use for the best SQ?
Without adapters i would also second the ECC32 and a nice 5UFG. I have a Brimar brown bottom

Reactions: Thundersnow
But I must add, because i like you, not adapting these fabulous tubes means you will not be getting the most out of the Horizon.

I don’t want to imagine a world without

But I must add, because i like you, not adapting these fabulous tubes means you will not be getting the most out of the Horizon.
Oh don’t get me wrong, I already use adapters and plan to use them in the future. Laszlo’s adapters are superb. Just asking ‘cause I like to experiment and compare things. Beats buying new equipment

Me too. I have tons of tubes. I love it!!

Without adapters i would also second the ECC32 and a nice 5UFG. I have a Brimar brown bottom
I loved the ECC32 and it was my go to 'signal tubes' until Takacs and Golum gave me a glimpse of the "dark side" and there was no turning back. The addition of the TP adapters to my desired tube set was not only a welcome addition but hit was also a most unexpected addition.. However to this day I still have 3 matched pairs of the ECC32. The other one I would recommend as a pure 6SN7 is the TS 6SN7 GT VT231 with black glass and round plate. It too is a remarkably good tube and I have also kept a matched set of these

Laszlo's/Tibor's adapters are beautiful. Not only do they provide the aesthetic appeal, they are well thought out. You play around until you find what floats your boat. If adapters are part of the mix so be it. The adapters provide the latitude to explore...

Zebrano, (Zebrawood) comes out of central Africa...

Thx. Every day is a learning day, never heard of that before

Reactions: John T
@takacs75 man I believe you need to elevate game a bit - start using leather like Sonus Faber on SE mk2 versions :cool:

Beautiful work.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing