Lampizator Horizon360 - Broadening Our Musical Horizons

Change the pre to the one which can handle high gain output source:p
Question to be asked - why this change has been made as such as H1 had a standard output V…as even GGs and Pac with 242 tubes were not this hot to my knowledge..

Ive done both. To my ears XDMI is a little less than USB. IOW I think the uptick in dynamics with USB is greater than that with XDMI which is still very dynamic

Trying to understand…

Are you saying USB is louder than XDMI? I recall saying XDMI added 3 dB.

Also, are you saying USB has greater dynamics than XDMI.

• Wow
Reactions: Johan K
I think the uptick with the 360 seems greater with USB vs XDMI . @John T I thought summed it up perfectly wrt USB in his post last week. The uptick seems to be huge. As I understand it and please correct me if Im wrong, but USB into the H360 uses all 3 stages whereas using XDMI much of whatever happens occurs inn the Olympus such that only the 3rd stage is used in the Horizon. Im sure Lukasz and Emile will provide far better explanations than I ever could at the weekend event at my house. Having said that to my ears the uptick with XDMI into the 360 is also huge

I think the uptick with the 360 seems greater with USB vs XDMI . @John T I thought summed it up perfectly wrt USB in his post last week. The uptick seems to be huge. As I understand it and please correct me if Im wrong, but USB into the H360 uses all 3 stages whereas using XDMI much of whatever happens occurs inn the Olympus such that only the 3rd stage is used in the Horizon. Im sure Lukasz and Emile will provide far better explanations than I ever could at the weekend event at my house. Having said that to my ears the uptick with XDMI into the 360 is also huge
I should also qualify that my impressions are based on using my H360 SE and not balanced so Im betting @John T who runs balanced with USB is noticing a huge uptick Its difficult to put into precise words but yes XDMI has huge dynamics.

I should also qualify that my impressions are based on using my H360 SE and not balanced so Im betting @John T who runs balanced with USB is noticing a huge uptick Its difficult to put into precise words but yes XDMI has huge dynamics.
Yes Single Ended is more "in control" with less db. Even with these lesser RCA's I'm using its totally different from running Balanced. I'm hoping when I get my re-terminated Cardas back things will go back to my normal...

Yes Single Ended is more "in control" with less db. Even with these lesser RCA's I'm using its totally different from running Balanced. I'm hoping when I get my re-terminated Cardas back things will go back to my normal...
Off topic, but I was under the impression Cardas XLR cannot be reterminated to RCA.

Off topic, but I was under the impression Cardas XLR cannot be reterminated to RCA.
I spoke with Brian at Cardas Yesterday. Go on their website, re-termination can be provided in a number of applications...

Reactions: JYACO

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu