Lampizator Horizon360 - Broadening Our Musical Horizons

i think is is oil in the fire.. i actually run my horizon albeit the old one at 32-48 volume level wise , preferring instead to crank up the vc on my thomas mayer - that seems to work quite well for me .

i think is is oil in the fire.. i actually run my horizon albeit the old one at 32-48 volume level wise , preferring instead to crank up the vc on my thomas mayer - that seems to work quite well for me .
so to you there is no audible difference between 32-48....there must be otherwise why change it. There are those here who are saying they hear no audible difference between.....

Count me in - no diff at all 63, 57 45,

I just find this very odd TBH

I have been told that my preamp sounds best with a volume setting of about 20. That is too loud when the Horizon is at 63 so I have to lower it to about 50. If I want to keep it at 63 I have to lower my preamp to about 10. However, I don’t hear any real difference with those 2 combinations.

so to you there is no audible difference between 32-48....there must be otherwise why change it. There are those here who are saying they hear no audible difference between.....

I just find this very odd TBH
some tracks are recorded softer than others like ella's moonlight in vermont for eg so i just increase it up to match the volume of the tracks before . it wasnt for sq but more to get the soundlevel to the same volume as other tracks

there is some mention that the new horizon's output impedance has doubled form the old one- do anyone else know more ? am curious about that and figuring it out in my mind

some tracks are recorded softer than others like ella's moonlight in vermont for eg so i just increase it up to match the volume of the tracks before . it wasnt for sq but more to get the soundlevel to the same volume as other tracks
Well I’ll ask again…. If you hear no difference in H volume settings why not just use your own preamp to match the difference in tracks, why change the gain on the Horizon.

Finally if Lukasz designed his DAC with an outstanding VC designed to be used without preamp why are there 64 settings

I think the VC on the Horixon is excellent. The only two reasons I use a preamp in my system is because my amps were designed to be used best with it and so also was my phono stage designed to be used best with the preamp. The three component simply sound better when used together otherwise I’d use no preamp and use the inputs on the Horizon.

Well I’ll ask again…. If you hear no difference in H volume settings why not just use your own preamp to match the difference in tracks, why change the gain on the Horizon.

Finally if Lukasz designed his DAC with an outstanding VC designed to be used without preamp why are there 64 settings

I think the VC on the Horixon is excellent. The only two reasons I use a preamp in my system is because my amps were designed to be used best with it and so also was my phono stage designed to be used best with the preamp. The three component simply sound better when used together otherwise I’d use no preamp and use the inputs on the Horizon.
it means standing up and changing the vc manually on the tm - its easily to just continue sitting on the chair and do it with the horizon vc:) sq is pretty much the same in my unit which is the older horizon:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu