M12 Gold Switch

Parsons

Mar 31, 2018
Ohio
Thanks. I'll keep reading through that thread. I didn't yet see a direct comparison to the Mutec-clocked SOTM and EtherRegen, per se...it seems that the ones I read don't seem to mention an external clock...I feel that the external clock makes a significant difference with that "stack" which others had placed a close second to two SOTMs stacked and externally clocked, from another WBF thread I followed for a while.

I do find it interesting (but not surprising) that folks have different preferences depending on their server, as well.

I look forward to testing all these combos myself, but obviously like to read what others are experiencing in their own systems.

Marcin_gps

VIP Donor/Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
NETWORK EQUIPMENT IN DIGITAL AUDIO AND VIBRATION

Network switches in hi-fi systems - in this case the M12 SWITCH Magic - are very sensitive for vibration.
Most audiophiles do not realize that network switches, especially those in close proximity to the main hi-fi rig, should be treated with the same attention to vibration as any other high quality digital audio component. In fact, during our listening trials, we've found the impact of anti-vibration footers under the M12 SWITCH Magic to be greater than under a DAC.
This simple tweak, quite unexpectedly, boosted the performance to the sound quality level that was possible to achieve only with the ultimate network switch; M12 SWITCH GOLD.

Image may contain: text that says ower Ethernet ?

Reactions: CKKeung

Marcin_gps

Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
Marcin,

Do you use the stainless steel version under all compontents? or also use the brass version? Did you compare the sound of the stainless steel vs. brass?
Thanks,

VPN
I use stainless steel version. foQ told me there is no difference in sound quality between the two versions.

Regards,
Marcin

Reactions: kyoya78 and VPN

Marcin_gps

Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
networkbundleinsta.jpg

NETWORK AUDIO WITHOUT LIMITS.​

Most likely the best sounding network switch for audio – M12 SWITCH GOLD – combined with our truly linear power supply, OPTIMO 3 DUO, will let you experience completely new dimension of sound.

FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY​

SET INCLUDES:​

• M12 SWITCH GOLD: a network switch for audio
  • Two extremely high quality LAN cables (each 2 meter long)
  • OPTIMO 3 DUO: no compromise ultra-low noise linear power supply
  • Two extremely high quality DC cables: one matching the M12 SWITCH GOLD and 2nd for a component of your choice (e.g router, network card, NAS etc.)
  • Lead time is 3-4 weeks
  • Buy as a set and SAVE >10%! The offer is live now in our shop: https://jcat.eu/product/ultimate-network-audio-set/

Jeffy

Apr 27, 2014
Orchard Lake, MI
A few months ago I put in the M-12 Gold switch with the ethernet wires that came with it. I then purchaed the Optimo 3 duo. The sound was not great, very thin and bright and digital sounding. I started trying different interconnects to no avail. I then remembered when I had other switches I was using Sablon Audio Ethernet cables. So I just received Mark's new cables to replace the M-12's cables. Oh boy right from cold the sound was fantastic, maybe a touch closed in, but fantastic. I then replaced the last ethernet between my computer to the switch with the Sablon wire. Now you are talking gone is the slight veil, now I have an open window onto the sound. The magic is back. No digital artifacts what remains is a beautiful relaxed tonality where you don't think about highs, lows, midrange. Everything sounds right. I repeat if you don't have Mark's cables with this switch you are missing the boat. I even learned that its just as important on the first wire in the chain where I did not think it was as important. Everyone said the critical part is between the switch and dac. I can tell you it ain't so as everything is critical. I am now getting the best digital sound I ever had with only 2 hours of break in on the cables.

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Similar to @Jeffy's experience above, I went on the journey of upgrading the network side of my system as best as I could, with a few limitations due to my room. I had already inserted the devious little Edge X-SFP and then I added the M12 Gold switch with Sablon Pantela Reserve cables. Unbelievable. I was floored by the immediate improvement - increase in dynamics, detail, soundstage width and depth, timbral accuracy, decay and imaging. In my view it punches well above its weight, as many here have articulated. I cannot speak for any other cables with the M12 Gold however.

I then added the Plixir Elite BDC LPS to both the M12 Gold and to the latest Comcast modem they offer (stuck with Comcast for now due to the need for a land phone line). I have heard great things about the Optimo Duo also, I mainly went with the Plixirs as I knew I only needed one input on each given their locations.

I am so pleased by the improvement brought by the LPSs as well. The drop in the noise floor was instantaneous and the additional resolution and clarity improved over the next few days. I am hearing new details such as a vocalist's breath, brushing of guitar strings, release of piano pedals and crowd interactions on live recordings for the first time on tracks I have listened to so many times. For me, such enjoyable new elements.

CDub

Jan 23, 2018
Stranded M12 Gold Switch owner... Please help!!!

Hi all, can someone offer recommendations of a good enthernet switch that has good customer service! Or know of where I can find a ethernet cable that works with it!

Unfortunately I purchased a M12 Gold Switch which I received on 10/19 @ which time I realized the extra cable I order, didn't work with the M12. I then reached out to JCat to see if I could return it and order the correct one. They said, yes no problem.... but that's when the problems started. :(

Without going into painful details, it's almost Dec. And I'm still waiting on a single cable and I have not been able to use the M12 Switch as of yet.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

nuway

Jun 26, 2019

Hi all, can someone offer recommendations of a good enthernet switch that has good customer service! Or know of where I can find a ethernet cable that works with it!

Unfortunately I purchased a M12 Gold Switch which I received on 10/19 @ which time I realized the extra cable I order, didn't work with the M12. I then reached out to JCat to see if I could return it and order the correct one. They said, yes no problem.... but that's when the problems started. :(

Without going into painful details, it's almost Dec. And I'm still waiting on a single cable and I have not been able to use the M12 Switch as of yet.

Very good expereience with Sablon Cables and support. Had the same experience with Jcat

CDub

Jan 23, 2018
Very good expereience with Sablon Cables and support. Had the same experience with Jcat
I'm so sorry to hear that nuway... but you are absolutely correct, in just one day the experience is night and day. Sablon Cables got back to me asap and he was extremely helpful!!!

Reactions: Sablon Audio

Marcin_gps

Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu

Corey,

I sent you an email.

Best regards,
Marcin Ostapowicz
JPLAY & JCAT Founder

CDub

Jan 23, 2018
Corey,

I sent you an email.

Best regards,
Marcin Ostapowicz
JPLAY & JCAT Founder
Hi Marcin,

Can you re-send if possible? I checked my junk mail but I'm not seeing it. The last email I received was on the 11/26 stating that you should be receiving the cables that day. Unfortunately I don't see anything after that, advising that you have received them and if and when it would be sent.

Thanks so much
Corey

PR13

Dec 15, 2019
UK
Considering pulling the trigger on an M12 Gold but I'm not looking to add the Optimo 3 Duo although the bundle deal looks good.

I'm looking instead at a Paul Hynes Design LPS, his SR5 or SR7. Anyone on here used this switch with a PHD LPS or heard what this LPS can do?

It's a shame as well that the M12 isn't available as a standalone unit with the price reflecting this as I am only going to add Sablon Audio cables.

Marcin_gps

Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
Considering pulling the trigger on an M12 Gold but I'm not looking to add the Optimo 3 Duo although the bundle deal looks good.

I'm looking instead at a Paul Hynes Design LPS, his SR5 or SR7. Anyone on here used this switch with a PHD LPS or heard what this LPS can do?

It's a shame as well that the M12 isn't available as a standalone unit with the price reflecting this as I am only going to add Sablon Audio cables.
Please send me a PM. Perhaps we can work sth out :)

Best regards,
Marcin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing