M12 Gold Switch

I assume one should solve the problem. if one not capable of solving noise , why second one will. there is only one correct answer. What is the correct answer?
There is not "a problem" to solve. All that is being done when adding any good switch into a system is reducing incoming noise to your system. NOT NOISE THAT IS AUDIBLE. When you add a good LPS to a switch it usually will allow the switch to operate more optimally and further reduce noise into the system.

When you add another switch, then in some systems for some people, they can hear a further reduction of noise.

How do you hear the reduction of noise? You hear it by a more open soundstage. Better, more textured bass. You hear more micro and macro details and dynamics. You hear more of everything when the noise in a system is reduced.

When the noise is removed from a system the sonics continually get better. By adding one switch to a system you do reduce noise but maybe 10% or 25% or ????% of the noise that is possible to remove by means that has not even yet been discovered.

Noise reduction has been going on in audio systems or years now and it continues to evolve. Check out the Taiko Extreme thread as everyone looks forward to the new Taiko Switch, which when available for several reasons, discussed in the thread will even further reduce noise.

When the Taiko switch becomes available then many will experiment by using the M12 or other switches with the Taiko switch to see if additional switches make a difference or if the Taiko switch by itself will make other switches and LPS's not necessary.

Most of the people that experiment with switches realize that the only way to understand in one's system if one or additional switches make a sonic difference is to listen to one switch, then add another and listen to what you hear. If there is no difference in a first switch or by adding a second switch then they will not add. If they hear a positive sonic difference then depending on the cost vs performance variable comes into play. Is it worth the $$$ to add one or two switches to their system?

It is a personal decision for each user to decide what works for them. There are no absolutes with network noise reduction other than experience has shown that switches do reduce noise in a network.

One M12 surely would make the most significant difference, if I cannot hear a positive with one, why would I try a second?
Yes, I agree. If in your system you cannot hear a positive difference with one M12 switch, not only why would you add a second, why would you even keep the first?

There is no reason to add a switch to a system if after you listen you do not hear a sonic difference. Or you may hear a positive sonic difference but it is not worth the $$$ for the slight sonic difference that you hear.

Dealer here may conflict of interest.
Btw, as a new member with four posts to your name on WBF, welcome to WBF! It's good to have you here.

You might want to list your system in your signature, if you choose to do so, so that the members can understand where you are coming from with regards to your posts.

Reactions: Pokey77
Btw, as a new member with four posts to your name on WBF, welcome to WBF! It's good to have you here.

You might want to list your system in your signature, if you choose to do so, so that the members can understand where you are coming from with regards to your posts.

I just listed my system if you can see it. I can not see it so far.

Last edited:
Precisely what I said was "I found that in my systems I heard MUCH more of a difference when I added the OP LPS than when I added the M12". Meaning I heard more of a difference by replacing the supplied M12 wall wart power connector with the Optima 3 LPS vs just adding the M12 switch into my system.
Good high end Linear PS out perform any switching PS in router , modem or any other place won't surprise me

I just listed my system if you can see it
Hi, Thx. Not exactly sure where you listed it. For everyone to see it, you have to go to "settings" >>."account" >> "signature". Post it in your signature and then it will show whenever you post.

Good high end Linear PS out perform any switching PS in router , modem or any other place won't surprise me
Yes, the JCAT Optima LPS made more of a difference in my systems than when you add only an M12 switch.

Reactions: Marcin_gps
Yes, the JCAT Optima LPS made more of a difference in my systems than when you add only an M12 switch.

let me rephrase your statement - if I understand correctly
Yes, the JCAT Optima LPS made more of a difference in M12 than when you add a M12 switch with stock PS.
If I understand correctly. put in a CAT Optima 1.5K USD LPS vs a $20 USD switching PS, why we compare these two PSs which we all know the answer. . what we don't know is by how much? 10% . 20% ... difference ?

Last edited:
let me rephrase your statement - if I understand correctly

If I understand correctly. put in a CAT Optima 1.5K USD LPS vs a $20 USD switching PS, why we compare these two PSs which are not in the same weight.
No one is comparing the standard wall wart supply vs. the Optima LPS. Most people would understand that any LPS is going to be significantly better than a wall wart ps. That has nothing to do with an M12 switch or the JCAT OPTIMO LPS. This is a no brainer.

The point is that when you add a M12 switch, which in my systems makes a positive sonic difference, there is even a greater sonic difference when you add the OPTIMO LPS to the M12 switch than was first realized when adding only the M12 switch with the wall wart ps.

THEN, contrary to certain opinions of people that have not heard what adding a second M12 switch or a second OPTIMO LPS, but know it doesn't make a difference, in my systems, in my rooms, to my ears adding the second M12 switch made a somewhat subtle but noticeable sonic difference. Then adding the second OPTIMO LPS to the second M12 switch made a VERY noticeable positive difference.

Three years ago, I bought the second M12 switch and second OPTIMO LPS to have on hand in case someone wanted to try the M12/OPTIMO. Just for the fun of it I inserted first the second M12 switch to the existing M12/OPTIMO. Then I added the second OPTIMO so each M12 switch is powered by its own OPTIMO.

I REALLY did not want to have the $$$ tied up in two M12's and two OPTIMOS in my system, BUT after hearing the sonic results, I have been using the two each M12s with each having it's own dedicated OPTIMO LPS for the last few years. YMMV. For me, it works. No idea what it would do in other people's systems. Nor do I actually care.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctydwn
No one is comparing the standard wall wart supply vs. the Optima LPS. Most people would understand that any LPS is going to be significantly better than a wall wart ps. That has nothing to do with an M12 switch or the JCAT OPTIMO LPS. This is a no brainer.

The point is that when you add a M12 switch, which in my systems makes a positive sonic difference, there is even a greater sonic difference when you add the OPTIMO LPS to the M12 switch than was first realized when adding only the M12 switch with the wall wart ps.
These two paragraphs seems have the same meaning to me. am I right?

No, that is not the intent.

The first paragraph says everyone would know that IN GENERAL an LPS will beat a wall wart. Again in general and a no-brainer.

The second paragraph is stating that there is a noticeable sonic difference specifically with a JCAT M12 Switch, but even a greater difference than adding the M12 switch by adding the OPTIMO LPS.

There is a difference in a general statement vs a specific statement regarding a specific product and its results vs. adding an LPS to that product and gaining even a greater sonic advantage.

Have you not figured out how to add your system into your signature yet? All you do is as I already explained to you was to go to your user name at the top right hand corner of the home page. Got to Account, then to Signature. Add your system and hit SAVE.

It would be interesting to understand your system/experience. Also why don't you post a pic of your system here?

No, that is not the intent.

The first paragraph says everyone would know that IN GENERAL an LPS will beat a wall wart. Again in general and a no-brainer.

The second paragraph is stating that there is a noticeable sonic difference specifically with a JCAT M12 Switch, but even a greater difference than adding the M12 switch by adding the OPTIMO LPS.

There is a difference in a general statement vs a specific statement regarding a specific product and its results vs. adding an LPS to that product and gaining even a greater sonic advantage.
my understanding is correct. all in all, to make it simple. what you try to say is " JCAT M12 Switch will improve sound quality when use network. By replacing stock PS with JCAT OPTIMO LPS will improve sound quality further to another level."

this is a known statement. what we don't know are 1. how much improvement with JCAT OPTIMO LPS over stock PS? what LPS has best bang for the buck? 2. more switches make difference ? by how much? and why?

Last edited:
my understanding is correct. all in all, to make it simple. what you try to say is " JCAT M12 Switch will improve sound quality when use network. By replacing stock PS with JCAT OPTIMO LPS will improve sound quality further to another level."
I didn't try to say it, I said it in a way that you understood it correctly, which allowed you to repeat what I said in your words.

It was fun conversing with you (amusing while I was watching footbal), but we have gone back and forth enough.

If you would like to discuss the subject further please pm me so as to not to pollute this M12 thread. Or call me at 212-229-1842. Bob.

I didn't try to say it, I said it in a way that you understood it correctly, which allowed you to repeat what I said in your words.

It was fun conversing with you (amusing while I was watching footbal), but we have gone back and forth enough.

If you would like to discuss the subject further please pm me so as to not to pollute this M12 thread. Or call me at 212-229-1842. Bob.
I think we are clear now, and need discuss more useful thing. what LPS choices? too many 1. Farad Super3 2. Uptone Audio JS-2 3. Teddy Pardo 4. LPS from Singapore or even 5. LHY Audio LPS DC ultra-low noise DC linear regulated power ($85 USD)

Last edited:
I think we are clear now, and need discuss more useful thing. what LPS choices too many 1. Farad Super3 2. Uptone Audio JS-2 3. Teddy Pardo 4. LPS from Singapore or even 5. LHY Audio LPS DC ultra-low noise DC linear regulated power ($85 USD)
It’s great to have a lot of choices at many price points. Something for everyone.

I personally will be switching over to the battery supply that will be coming in the near future from Taiko Audio for the Extreme servers new network switch.

Although I will experiment with using the battery supply for the Taiko network switch but front ending the Taiko switch with the two M12/OPTIMO set ups that I already have.

Supposedly the M12's will not be needed with the new Taiko switch/battery set up. Time will tell.

Reactions: ctydwn
I personally will be switching over to the battery supply that will be coming in the near future from Taiko Audio for the Extreme servers new network switch.

Although I will experiment with using the battery supply for the Taiko network switch but front ending the Taiko switch with the two M12/OPTIMO set ups that I already have.

Supposedly the M12's will not be needed with the new Taiko switch/battery set up. Time will tell.
you bought two M12/OPTIMO with fraction of cost since you are affiliated with JCAT. we are not. we need pay in full price. so it is no good to follow you idea.

Last edited:
you bought two M12/OPTIMO with fraction of cost since you are affiliated with JCAT. we are not. we need pay with full price. so it is not a good idea to follow you idea.
I am NO LONGER AFFILIATED WITH JCAT. That was 2- 3 years ago. I did buy the M12 switches at a dealer cost at that time.

I could care less if you specifically follows my idea.

I only reported the results that occurred when I added the M12 switches and the LPS's. If you choose not to believe me that is your prerogative. No issue for me what you believe or who you follow.

I am NO LONGER AFFILIATED WITH JCAT. That was 2- 3 years ago. I did buy the M12 switches at a dealer cost at that time.

I could care less if you specifically follows my idea.

I only reported the results that occurred when I added the M12 switches and the LPS's. If you choose not to believe me that is your prerogative. No issue for me what you believe or who you follow.
Today, you buy any gear with dealer cost in any place. regardless JCAT.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing