Magico introduced the Q series subwoofers

Fantastic...look forward to hearing more about it!!! Enjoy!

Hi
This saturday i will have one Q sub 15 in may home for some weeks to tried it :)

Hi
This saturday i will have one Q sub 15 in may home for some weeks to tried it :)

Oh!!!...you did NOT just say that! Amazing! You MUST report in when you've got it set up! ;).

+1 Looking forward to your feedback. I haven't been able to find any technical info on them yet regarding features, setup etc.

If I may ask questions even BEFORE you've heard it...

...in addition to how it compares to other Subs you may have tried,

...would love to know if you use the crossover...how well the crossover works on your main speakers in terms of transparency, etc...

My thinking is if one is going to buy something this expensive, the crossover better be good. I recall that Dan D'Agostino's Krell Master Reference Sub was quite similar in description...200kg in weight, solid 1-2" thick aluminium shell, dual 15" cones facing away from each other to cancel vibrations...and an extremely complex set of crossover options to blend with almost any speaker.

...though I understand he primarily developed it to run with his own personal pair of Wilson X1s...he supposedly used 4-6 Krell Master Ref subs with his X1s and it was described as 'surreal' how good it was.

Hi
I will get help from my Norwegian supplier of measurements and Sharing/Crossover ......
we will measure the room first and then measure when we calibrate the Q Sub. I am very excited about how linearly we will get when we use sub in may room. I think this will be quite good :) I've got a program that I have inst alert on my computer when everything is controlled from the computer. There is a usb cable from the computer to the Q sub. Am very excited to test this, I've borrowed Qsub 4 weeks before I should decide if I will buy it. I would not buy it without testing it on my own equipment in my own living room with my own ears :May system are: Magico Q3/Burmester 069/911/077.
Sorry for may English, i am from Norway :)

Espen L

Det blir garantert fett Espen! "I bet it will sound great!" :)

Hi
I will get help from my Norwegian supplier of measurements and Sharing/Crossover ......
we will measure the room first and then measure when we calibrate the Q Sub. I am very excited about how linearly we will get when we use sub in may room. I think this will be quite good :) I've got a program that I have inst alert on my computer when everything is controlled from the computer. There is a usb cable from the computer to the Q sub. Am very excited to test this, I've borrowed Qsub 4 weeks before I should decide if I will buy it. I would not buy it without testing it on my own equipment in my own living room with my own ears :May system are: Magico Q3/Burmester 069/911/077.
Sorry for may English, i am from Norway :)

Espen L

wow...one of the THE perfect candidates for a QSub...look forward to reading all about it! Good luck.

Thanks, Wizard. A serious piece of framework there around those woofers...would love to hear them.

Hi...how is the QSub audition going? Most curious!!!

Hi

I will make a full and honest opinion on what I think about the sound in a week or two, so it will come I promise.

Espen

Hi

I will make a full and honest opinion on what I think about the sound in a week or two, so it will come I promise.

Espen

c'mon! Even a hint?...;) hope you're having fun in any event.

Hi
Then I had listened and tested Q15 Sub few days, just have to say that I am shocked how good this is. It has certainly lifted my system to new heights. Having tested a part of where the best crossover fit in my room on my Q3 and it looks like that 60 Hz is it my ears like best. Must rose Magico for the help I received via skype when there were things I was wondering in terms of DSP and other things. I especially sonically satisfied with how well Q15 glide rest loosely in the rest of the sound with my Q3. I'm shokk how good Q15 really is.There is very much filter / settings you can do so you have to adjust Q15 as one would like. I've got a tighter and more fuller bass so I'm very happy.
Thank you Alon/Yair/Magico for making this Sub :)

Sorry for my English.
Espen

Hi
Then I had listened and tested Q15 Sub few days, just have to say that I am shocked how good this is. It has certainly lifted my system to new heights. Having tested a part of where the best crossover fit in my room on my Q3 and it looks like that 60 Hz is it my ears like best. Must rose Magico for the help I received via skype when there were things I was wondering in terms of DSP and other things. I especially sonically satisfied with how well Q15 glide rest loosely in the rest of the sound with my Q3. I'm shokk how good Q15 really is.There is very much filter / settings you can do so you have to adjust Q15 as one would like. I've got a tighter and more fuller bass so I'm very happy.
Thank you Alon/Yair/Magico for making this Sub :)

Sorry for my English.
Espen

Your English is excellent...and infinitely better than any foreign language I could stumble to try to speak. ;)

As for Q15...have you ever tried other subs? I am incredibly interested in your comments.

Hi LL21
Yes've tested several previously tested Burmester S8 and Audio physic plus some other slightly less expensive sub. Q15b is on a whole different level of everything else I have tested and heard ever. If you close your eyes you will not believe that you have a sub in the living room for the last so sonically at one with my Q3. It was easy to get the integrated audio system, user interface DSP is extremely good in my opinion.

Espen

Hi LL21
Yes've tested several previously tested Burmester S8 and Audio physic plus some other slightly less expensive sub. Q15b is on a whole different level of everything else I have tested and heard ever. If you close your eyes you will not believe that you have a sub in the living room for the last so sonically at one with my Q3. It was easy to get the integrated audio system, user interface DSP is extremely good in my opinion.

Espen

This is really great...so I have to now ask you some more question. ;) Relative to those subs...what really happens when you put the Q15 in? Specifically:
- Scale...does your system's scale actually increase in macrodynamics (both mids/treble and bass?)
- Does the soundstage of the venue deepen or expand in terms of the sense of space?
- Do you find that the bass is far more nimble/quick and yet powerful?
- If so...did the active crossover change the performance of your mids/treble dramatically?

I know that subs do all of these things when set up well...what I am trying to understand is WHERE THE QSUB15 MADE THE MOST DIFFERENCES RELATIVE TO OTHER SUBS YOU HAVE TRIED. I AM TRULY CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE AN EXCELLENT SUB (AS YOU SEEM TO HAVE TRIED IN THE PAST)...AND THEN GO UP TO THE LEVEL OF THE Q15.

Sorry to be so persistent, but I am a bass-freak (not loud, just exceptionally articulate, powerful)...and so it is exciting to ask questions of someone who has spend a few weeks in his own system with the QSub15. Thanks!!!

Hi

It was a much larger soundstage in both width to height, seemed like I had a much "larger" system :) The bass is clearly tighter and with more punch one in the second sub I had. There is a huge amount of effort into the sub. I have never had such a detailed bass before ever in my system. Tried crossover a number higher than 60 Hz .but then I felt that it took too much of my Q3 up the registry .. The advantage of Q15 include all setting possibilities that dsp. I use L-R 24 db with a fast roll off.
Comparison with others I have heard to tested then Q15 better in every way!!

Espen

Hi

It was a much larger soundstage in both width to height, seemed like I had a much "larger" system :) The bass is clearly tighter and with more punch one in the second sub I had. There is a huge amount of effort into the sub. I have never had such a detailed bass before ever in my system. Tried crossover a number higher than 60 Hz .but then I felt that it took too much of my Q3 up the registry .. The advantage of Q15 include all setting possibilities that dsp. I use L-R 24 db with a fast roll off.
Comparison with others I have heard to tested then Q15 better in every way!!

Espen

Thank you! Much appreciated. Enjoy!!! That sounds amazing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu