Magico M7 2023

Based on what , your vast system setup experience? Then you should post videos and or pics on you doing system setups .

BTW still waiting on videos of you setting up TT’s , plenty blah blah but no real data ..
Not at all relevant to the discussion.

so, why not use test tones then. He was using playback to judge, but if he was using playback, why CD? Totally fine if someone chooses to do a measurement based set up, sans playback. Movie surround sound set ups are done that way each time and sound great.

He did use test tones unless i read thru incorrectly , he used both tones and recordings he is familiar with , looking for his reference sound ..!

A TT has too many variables to do this , he would have to have a familiar fixed setup , its not , the Digital is ..

I don't want to ruin the M7 thread, but this habit of congratulating everything in a feel good manner when a speaker is being set up with a CD player when the owner owns Techdas AF0 has to stop. Even a 5 - 10k speaker like Tannoy Gold, smaller Altecs, Devore Orangutans should be set up with analog if the owner has a TD124 or Garrard 301.
Any source should suffice assuming it's of adequate sonic quality.

Any source should suffice assuming it's of adequate sonic quality.

For me recording is a big part of source, and so no, i don’t think digital recording are of adequate sonic quality. I understand the forum logic of equating 100k digital similar in quality to expensive analog. I just don’t see how a system with a 450k turntable can have similar digital sonic quality, unless the system or vinyl recordings are heavily compromised

For me recording is a big part of source, and so no, i don’t think digital recording are of adequate sonic quality. I understand the forum logic of equating 100k digital similar in quality to expensive analog. I just don’t see how a system with a 450k turntable can have similar digital sonic quality, unless the system or vinyl recordings are heavily compromised

I agree if you are auditioning components. I used vinyl for my speaker set up but understand why Magico would use digital for a five hour speaker install.

Reactions: bonzo75
I agree if you are auditioning components. I used vinyl for my speaker set up but understand why Magico would use digital for a five hour speaker install.
Oh I understand that. They would too for a longer install.

I get your point, in that the best source (you believe it's always analog) should be used to dial in speakers, and that certainly makes sense to me.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing