CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
  • Haha
Reactions: howiebrou

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The 4 huge crates of M9 in Magico factory just before they embarked on their journey to Hong Kong.

The crates at the back are those for M2 and M6.

IMG-20211031-WA0012.jpg

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Yes, the first two M9 for customers are in HK.

IMG_20211107_112948.jpg

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I have to laugh perusing the first dozen or so pages of this post, all the negative comments and speculation when no one had even heard them. You'd figure with the hundreds of years of cumulative experience that the WBF aphiles would at least wait to read feedback or better, hear in person before passing judgement. Then there's the ever - present, "My 4 column full rangers must be better" conveniently omitting Magico's virtually unparalleled driver + cabinet materials and design. In my book, even at 5 figures wood just doesn't cut it. We are a funny bunch, audiophiles... :)

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I have to laugh perusing the first dozen or so pages of this post, all the negative comments and speculation when no one had even heard them. You'd figure with the hundreds of years of cumulative experience that the WBF aphiles would at least wait to read feedback or better, hear in person before passing judgement.

+1

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Agree with you.I would to take the Wilson chronosonic over the m9.both stunning speakers.
I would go the other way. The M9, to me, are far more engaging. The big Wilsons didn’t move me at all. And yes, I have heard both speakers.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I would go the other way. The M9, to me, are far more engaging. The big Wilsons didn’t move me at all. And yes, I have heard both speakers.

Wow. You are lucky Bob. I’m sure not many people have heard both speakers. What a wonderful couple of experiences.

I am sure the different system and room contexts had some influence on the overall sound of each system in which you heard these two speakers. It is unlikely that such speaker systems will ever be compared directly.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Are you affiliated with a dealer that sells Magico?

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Wow. You are lucky Bob. I’m sure not many people have heard both speakers. What a wonderful couple of experiences.

I am sure the different system and room contexts had some influence on the overall sound of each system in which you heard these two speakers. It is unlikely that such speaker systems will ever be compared directly.
In the spring after visiting Alon to hear the M9’s I wrote a little about it (https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/magico-m9-fulfillment.31073/post-717742) and yes, different rooms, different systems, etc. There are plenty of audiophiles with more discerning ears who will have a lot more to say wrt individual differences, and there will be preferences and biases to be sure. Without the good fortune to spend a fair amount of time with each speaker, I have to go with overall impression — I found the M9s more musically engaging.

I may have had a front loaded bias having enjoyed a long conversation with Alon while touring the Magico facilities. It is obvious after that Alon takes a very objective view of speaker / driver design — researching and incorporating advancements in material science, adding the Kleppel (?) measuring system etc. That said, the first few notes played differentiated the M9 ‘system’ from other mega-buck systems I have heard (which is not a huge sample set in my case.) The results made it clear objective measure isn’t the only emphasis at Magico.

Reactions: MadFloyd

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Yes. (As is apparent in my signature.) I keep forgetting that now that I am somewhat ‘in the game’ people will read my comments with a different filter than before I embarked on my relationship with Bob @ Rhapsody.

But the one audio buddy who accompanied me on both my trips to hear the WAMMs and the M9 had the same impression. Neither of us had a “wow” experience hearing the WAMM, but we both did hearing the M9s.

Go listen and judge for yourself. I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything, just stating my own opinion.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
Yes. (As is apparent in my signature.) I keep forgetting that now that I am somewhat ‘in the game’ people will read my comments with a different filter than before I embarked on my relationship with Bob @ Rhapsody.

But the one audio buddy who accompanied me on both my trips to hear the WAMMs and the M9 had the same impression. Neither of us had a “wow” experience hearing the WAMM, but we both did hearing the M9s.

Go listen and judge for yourself. I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything, just stating my own opinion.
I'm of the belief that if the M9 sounds good to you they are good for you. I'm sure the WAMMs are just as impressive and to some they would prefer those.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Lets call a spade a spade Bobvin
When u had your Wilsons and no association with a dealer u were posting all over the place how great your Wilsons were. Also your ARC gear.
Now its all Rapsody gear...
(And BTW, here in the states it's gear or components, not "kit").....

U ought to consider backing it down several notches as your credibility, which started with your room build and was very good is becoming very suspect

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Lets call a spade a spade Bobvin
When u had your Wilsons and no association with a dealer u were posting all over the place how great your Wilsons were. Also your ARC gear.
Now its all Rapsody gear...
(And BTW, here in the states it's gear or components, not "kit").....

U ought to consider backing it down several notches as your credibility, which started with your room build and was very good is becoming very suspect
Yes, I was very proud to have assembled a great system with real synergy, and many folks who visited loved that system. It was not easy to sell everything off, but I was due for a speaker upgrade. Last year saw the arrival of the Etsuro Gold cartridge, a bespoke LFD phono cable, and the CS Port phono stage. My wife noticed the dent in the account and the idea of a speaker upgrade had her telling me our retirement probably wouldn’t tolerate $50k hits every year for audio upgrades. When I mentioned to my wife about the Rhapsody Listening Rooms she said “you should do that… maybe a way to fund your hobby going forward.”

People will draw their own conclusions about my involvement and passion for this hobby. I am OK with that. The new Pilium ”kit” I am enjoying is a very large step forward in sound quality vs my ARC kit, which I was very fond of. I do not regret having made the change. I am thrilled to have the Diesis Roma in-house, they are everything I imagined after my brief visit hearing them @ Rhapsody a couple years ago. I wrote on this forum about that experience. They were in my short list for speaker upgrade. The Alsyvox are something completely new for me, and I am amazed at their sound. I would never have imagined a way to compare these speakers side by side in my own room. Add the Bayz — again amazing sound — two friends here have MBL speakers so it is educational to compare.

It is all great fun. If I am able to earn a little $$ and continue to fund my passion — hooray! If not I will choose a favorite and sell the rest. There is nothing yet that says this is going to work out.

And I will continue to post my impressions as I go about living with all these additions to my rig. You and others can decide for yourselves whether or not my comments are credible.

As for Wilson speakers — I still love them, but understand now that my Alexia had limitations and weaknesses (as all speakers do.) Some of those I was aware of, others apparent only by hearing something better. Before hearing M9s, I had only heard Magicos a couple of times and preferred the extra dynamic slam of Wilsons. I posted elsewhere about hearing the M9s.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing