McLaren bites the dust

Carlsbad

Dec 11, 2022
Carlsbad, CA USA
My son was parked (his modest Nissan Rogue) on the street at a lady firend's apartment 2 nights ago. He came out the next morning and his car was missing. Some signs of a wreck including damage to a nearby home. He called the sheriff and found indeed his car has been towed after being hit by a drunk driver. In the yard was the rear grill with badge attached from a McLaren Artura.

Towing company is closed until Tuesday. We went over to see if it was visible in the yard but no luck so we won't know the damage until tuesday. But the McLaren was not moving slowly when it hit. He is worried about his golf clubs in the back, worth several thousand $. He is a +4 golfer, played in college, and has shafts in some of his clubs worth a grand.

Jerry

J007B

Jul 25, 2020
Sad to hear. I live in So Cal and we have become the hit and run capital of the world. It sounds like they have the driver in custody, hopefully they have good insurance.

Carlsbad

Dec 11, 2022
Carlsbad, CA USA
I'm not too worried. A $300,000 car generally has insurance or a bond. Thanks and Happy new year. --Jerry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing