Melco S100 audiophile switch

skids929

Dec 31, 2020
I ordered the PinkFaun update, to be honest if you take a closer look to the images it looks not professional. My first impression: is it better - yes ..

Is it worth the money definitely not. In my chain the gain is to small (2000 Euro Pink Faun incl. Tax, 600 Euro the 5v linear power supply, power cords Dc and AC 500 Euro)
View attachment 102351

I would never pay what they ask for any of their equipment. You can get a better switch from HNE for a fraction of the cost and the soldering work doesn't look like a hobbyist did it.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Mine with the OCXO Pink Faun upgrade is available and for much less money.

Reactions: Darmstadtium

auricgoldfinger

Dec 8, 2019
The quality of the 2 linear power supplies is a big factor in terms of the performance of the switch. From a cost perspective, that can make the value proposition even worse, but it is perhaps the most important consideration in terms of sound quality.

abase21

Jul 19, 2022
..I have Plixir power supplies in my chain - I think they are not a week part ;-)

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
I would never pay what they ask for any of their equipment. You can get a better switch from HNE for a fraction of the cost and the soldering work doesn't look like a hobbyist did it.
Forgive my memory, remind me of the full name of the “HNE” switch. Thanks

Vule

Jan 23, 2021
Europe
New Melco S100/2 was announced and came out. The first impressions, please. Has anyone had chance to listen to it yet?

vgmbpty

Aug 16, 2021
São Paulo, Brasil
Tried SOtM, EtherRegen and the Telegartner. With external Mutec clock snd LPSUs, the combo of EtherRegen and SOtM come close, but the Telegartner is better. Will settle for the EtherRegen to make the conversion to fiber, the SOtM to convert back to Ethernet and the M12 as the last stage.

ShaneKnightEptick

Jul 27, 2019
So it has been one full pandemic since the first post - however it is only until now that I checked the price on the Melco S100. Yowsa. Dedicated Audio lists it at $2200. My recommendation would be to instead go for an Ubiquiti SYSTEM instead of a single 8 port switch for that amount of money.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing