Modern speakers vs Vintage speakers

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
Some of the best Modern speakers I've ever heard period are the new Stage Accompany Master M57 speakers with Bamboo cabinets ! The most realistic sounding speakers I've ever heard Modern or modified Vintage !
Many Musicians use these M57 and M59 speakers now !
A pair of M57's matched with the new Western Electric WE91E 300B Integrated and matching CD Player and an Audio Note Level three DAC is what I want to get one day !

I found this on You Tube sounds amazing even on You Tube wait until you hear them in person !

Ive heard the m57 active dsp’ed version and a passive crossed m59. They werent bad at all.

I preferred the passive m59. No surprise as im an analog man. Tad boomy with the valve amp used though.

Dsp’ing is a bad habit but the pros love it.

MarcelNL

Mar 15, 2021
Not a speaker per se, but I just swapped the JBL 2402 I was using for the 075 with original diaphragm...I always thought those two would be very close performance wise, boy was I wrong....the JBL 075 is in another league

Reactions: morricab

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
Not a speaker per se, but I just swapped the JBL 2402 I was using for the 075 with original diaphragm...I always thought those two would be very close performance wise, boy was I wrong....the JBL 075 is in another league

Where did the 2402 come from?? A or H ? The two drivers are identical and interchangeable. Sounds like you have an after market diaphragm in the 2402 or a shattered one if it came out of a PA cabinet.

Rob :)

MarcelNL

Mar 15, 2021
Where did the 2402 come from?? A or H ? The two drivers are identical and interchangeable. Sounds like you have an after market diaphragm in the 2402 or a shattered one if it came out of a PA cabinet.

I wondered about the large difference and dissassembled the 2402 and found out that the original diaphragm in the 2402 Alnico was mangled at some point and therefore likely puts out a lot less volume so I'm going to compare the other one, or replace the diaphragm (got two NOS diaphragms)
The drivers are almost identical but not completely identical...

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
I wondered about the large difference and dissassembled the 2402 and found out that the original diaphragm in the 2402 Alnico was mangled at some point and therefore likely puts out a lot less volume so I'm going to compare the other one, or replace the diaphragm (got two NOS diaphragms)
The drivers are almost identical but not completely identical...

Be very careful when you replace the diaphragm don't let the bullet nose twist/turn as you tighten the rear screw. if it twists in can do the same to your new diaphragms. If it does they are toast.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcelNL

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

I recorded this song using EMMlab Dac2 30 minutes ago.

I switch between Chord Dave and Mscaler and EMMlab Dac2 depending on my mood.

Chord give more details while EMMlab Dac2 give more relaxed sound.

I look forward to have chance to hear new top grade Dacs like Wadax, Lampi Horizon, DCS Apex in upcoming Pacific Audiofest ;)

It will be nice to listen to Ideon Absolute over there but I am not sure Ideon will be there or not.

Last edited:

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

Crazy Rich Asian Audiophile.

He has more than 7 rooms with top modern speakers like Tidal Lasolut, Estelon Extreme, Ares Cerat Aurora horn speakers, Dyneaudio, Focal, JBL and etc.

I counted value of his system which may go above 2 million may be close to 3 million $.

:cool:

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London

He has more than 7 rooms with top modern speakers like Tidal Lasolut, Estelon Extreme, Ares Cerat Aurora horn speakers, Dyneaudio, Focal, JBL and etc.

I counted value of his system which may go above 2 million may be close to 3 million $.

Sorry i think youre confusing “value” with “list price” here. ;-)

All that stuff and no turntable .. ? (I didnt watch it very closely).

Nice house though. Could do with a bit of tidying up.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

Love his use of Aries Cerat on every system!

Reactions: Argonaut

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I will be happy to have one of Tidal Lasolut, Estelon Extreme, Ares Cerat Aurora horn speakers.

But no room to have more than one. :cool:

His house appears to be more than 15k sqft although it may not be very expensive in Texas.
You should get the new Aries Cerat Aperio for your speakers

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I am also looking at Aries Cerat.

My next Dac upgrade could be Aries Cerat.

It would be nice if I can listen to Aries Cerat system in upcoming Pacific Audiofest. ;)
The DACs are great too!

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Are there any Aries Cerat users that are not also involved in selling the brand ? ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing