Munich HighEnd 2024

• Haha
Reactions: sujay
you need to get better speakers first

My XPE speakers are perfect .
Sure I can add a bit more resolution like in the latest smaller model .
For the rest i wont change a thing .
The dealer where my small speakers are , likes them a lot .
Of course selling a unknown design is not easy

You dont like my speakers which is obvious .
Fine with me , good luck write whatever you want :cool: :)

I surely can upgrade my digital with either a WADAX or Metronome .
For the rest its all fine

I am sorry, a $200K speaker is expensive ! You dealers are just hilarious ! :rolleyes:
I did not say $200k is not expensive .
I agree $200k is expensive.
I did not read the price tag in pervious post so I shared my guess about the price , these speakers looks around $30k when you look at them in room.

Brad's review: 93 db, 5 ohm nominal, surely with more drops, requires frigid electronics.

Amir's review: Luckily inexpensive at 450k.

Andro's review: Will be great with CAT, no requirement for SETs. SETs suck, did I ever say that? No wood on it. Wood sucks.
LOL

So funny :))))

This is an excellent video. Near perfect sound and picture. It is long so get your Favorite chair and beverage and enjoy.
Note to exhibitors: Music selection
Las year at CAF ab exhibitor stopped me in the hallway. He asked what kind of music to people like.
Nothing sends potential customers screaming from the room Ike loud screeching treble.
Nothing brings them in like a nice smooth midrange.
Bass sells. They want a nice clean tight bass. A good double bass is a place to start.
Throw in serval solo or ax Apela selections.
Remember late in the day listening fatigue is bound to set in.

Two rooms were special in my idea :
- magico wadax
- small raidho simaudio

Why?
Because the speaker placement was very good in these rooms. When the speaker position is ok the sound is smooth/dynamic in all frequencies and the image is ok.

Sorry Amir this isn’t true. They look very expensive from the wood work alone. If you know something about drivers then you know also those used aren’t cheap.

maybe you are right

Reactions: andromedaaudio
The new Amp-1-sublime amplifier is solid state.
The full system was solid state, zero tube.
Ok, thx for the clarification. I was thinking it was your hybrid...you still make that? BTW, did you use the hybrid last year?

NAT, Aries Cerat, Amplifon, Ayon and KR Audio come to mind immediately.
Mastersound PFF 100 monoblocks are the ones to seek out imho.... Amazing reliability as well, not just for a tube unit, but in general for any amplifier, provided their bias is checked regularly.Sadly the company just jacked up their price to around 45 000 Euros , or 50 000$ in US, which is pity, as these sold for around 25-30 grand in US just two years ago. Some of the best amps around.

Mastersound PFF 100 monoblocks are the ones to seek out imho.... Amazing reliability as well, not just for a tube unit, but in general for any amplifier, provided their bias is checked regularly.Sadly the company just jacked up their price to around 45 000 Euros , or 50 000$ in US, which is pity, as these sold for around 25-30 grand in US just two years ago. Some of the best amps around.
Haven't heard that one!

Haven't heard that one!
Worth seeking out, however note that they take a VERY long time to fully break in, especially for the latest versions having the Litz transformers, about at least one year, or even longer! But perhaps with the most intense drive singe ended amps I ve listened to, as I have compared them to the NAF monoblocks ,the Vivas, and Kondos in a different system. Most truly musically neutral as well, and sounds even better with Psvne , or Lin Lai Tubes, although long term reliability of those after market 845 tubes is yet to be determined. All this from my personal, long term experience in my own system, as well as in local audiophiles systems in NY/NJ area.

Worth seeking out, however note that they take a VERY long time to fully break in, especially for the latest versions having the Litz transformers, about at least one year, or even longer! But perhaps with the most intense drive singe ended amps I ve listened to, as I have compared them to the NAF monoblocks ,the Vivas, and Kondos in a different system. Most truly musically neutral as well, and sounds even better with Psvne , or Lin Lai Tubes, although long term reliability of those after market 845 tubes is yet to be determined. All this from my personal, long term experience in my own system, as well as in local audiophiles systems in NY/NJ area.
Have you tried the "Eastern European" SETs, like NAT, Ayon, KR Audio, Amplifon, Aries Cerat (cyprus not east europe)? Also, the old Vaic amps have incredible drive. They have the balls that the ones you mentioned don't. This allows them to drive more conventional speakers well. I have found that NAF, Viva and Kondo all need pretty high sensitivity, easy load, speakers to thrive.

Have you tried the "Eastern European" SETs, like NAT, Ayon, KR Audio, Amplifon, Aries Cerat (cyprus not east europe)? Also, the old Vaic amps have incredible drive. They have the balls that the ones you mentioned don't. This allows them to drive more conventional speakers well. I have found that NAF, Viva and Kondo all need pretty high sensitivity, easy load, speakers to thrive.
I ve heard the Ayon Vulcan monoblocks and those are amazing sounding, if one has relatively sensitive speakers. As I have planar Eminent Tech 6 full range with 82 db sensitivity and hellish 2 ohm impedance drops in the bass region, the Mastersound Pff 100 were the only one that could drive these approaching proper dynamics these speakers are capable of. However with my other "normal" speakers like REGA RS-10 with about 86 db sensitivity, the Ayon Vulcan sounded amazingly refined, albeit with little less drive than the Mastersound Pff 100. Bear in mind that the tubes in the Ayon Vulcan only last about 200-2500 hours and are rather pricey, and are sold only from one source. Factory Shuguang Tubes in the PFF 100 last forever if properly biased every coiple of month!Vaic amps were made by the Mastersound as far as I know.

Vaic are fantastic as well, and can be bought for peanuts , compared to other brands new models.

So why don't you exhibit at the High End?

First of all they are a pain in the ass to transport.
Second MOC exhibtions are not cheap .
I have designed a small model now which is easy to transport .
May be i ll be at the brussels show end of the year with those
If i do it ll be with tape Telefunken M15 A / Studer B62.
which is fun

1715763761910.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Audiohertz2
Ok, thx for the clarification. I was thinking it was your hybrid...you still make that? BTW, did you use the hybrid last year?
Yes the previous version was hybrid, so yes hybrid last year.

Reactions: morricab

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing