Munich HighEnd 2024

Reactions: gian60
My birthday is today. I’m not yet 60… Something might have gone south with me… :)
Congratulations ! :) In the end everything goes south ! :rolleyes: Regretfully there is no surgery correcting outdated music taste !;)

Reactions: Cala
Keith, I've been listening to chamber music at home since my 40s and I pay to hear it live. I enjoy it and it can also be very revealing of system quality. There are a lot of good classical musicians around Boston. Of course, I was just in Dallas and enjoyed hearing Travis Tritt at Billy Bob's Honky Tonk in Forth Worth after the rodeo. My wife and I were up on the dance floor. Different music for different occasions, and much of it has to do with local culture.
I loved Billy Bob's, used to go there all the time when i lived in Dallas, only bar with a indoor Rodeo !:eek:IMG_2827.pngIMG_2828.png

It was just a funny, ironic play on the unfortunately coalescing factions on this thread.

Chill out, don't take it too seriously.

Disagree. Nothing to moderate here. Moderators should not feel obliged to micromanage anything that might threaten certain members in their sensitive emotions and 'safe spaces'.

I guess people were just laughing with the cartoon and moved on.

He has to take it serious, fun and games aside this is playing with peoples livelihood and reputation , goes well beyond one’s opinion and thoughts about what was heard ..

Delete before mods close the thread ...!

Reactions: Argonaut
Going back to post #1047 the cartoon depicting the crowd vs Aries Cerat, is that really necessary? Is that really fair? Is that really factual? IMO, that is over the top in denigrating a brand. Sad commentary.
Perhaps a Trigger Warning should have preceded the post.

I wanted to post these so that people can see what the rooms at MOC look like before the show. Many exhibitors go to great lengths to plan the room so that they can get a good result. Some don't. IMO this is the main reason that there are rooms that fail to perform up to expectations. I have made this mistake when I first starting doing shows. Today we have ateam and a plan to attempt to give the patrons a good presentation.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    855.6 KB · Views: 57
  • before2.jpg
    before2.jpg
    854.4 KB · Views: 56
  • after 1.jpg
    after 1.jpg
    884 KB · Views: 57
It was just a funny, ironic play on the unfortunately coalescing factions on this thread.

Chill out, don't take it too seriously.

Disagree. Nothing to moderate here. Moderators should not feel obliged to micromanage anything that might threaten certain members in their sensitive emotions and 'safe spaces'.

I guess people were just laughing with the cartoon and moved on.
You are not right on this Al, this goes well beyond simply saying you don't like the sound of something and I will reiterate that the moderators should be looking at this as a violation of TOS #3.

3. Obviously intended to be demeaning and therefore defamatory and therefore clearly actionable

You are not right on this Al, this goes well beyond simply saying you don't like the sound of something and I will reiterate that the moderators should be looking at this as a violation of TOS #3.

3. Obviously intended to be demeaning and therefore defamatory and therefore clearly actionable

If that's your opinion, I suppose you'll use the "report" button under the post and see what the moderators will do with it. It will be interesting to see the outcome.

I am not easily shocked, but honestly, I felt uncomfortable with the picture, as it depicts the manufacturer as an awkward King (the designer, that I met only once, is actually rather humble and low-profile). Moreover, obviously not just AC-dealers say that there were amazing things delivered by that system, in that difficult room.

I am not easily shocked, but honestly, I felt uncomfortable with the picture, as it depicts the manufacturer as an awkward King (the designer, that I met only once, is actually rather humble and low-profile).

That is a good point.

Both the FM and Clarysis rooms sounded very good.

Hifideluxe actually had quite a few good sounding rooms/ product, the above stood out.

Thumbs up to FM Acoustics for also providing a very professional presentation and great musical selections! Many exhibitors should visit FM and take some notes as to how to present their product!
Can I ask on which day you visited the FM Acoustics room? When we were there on Sunday, we heard no bass. The sound was piercing and unnatural, and all seven of us were shocked by the presentation in that room.

From the ~20 videos I watched from the Munich show, one would be lucky to find even chamber music -- straightforward acoustic music without a bunch of post-recording processing. Granted what I heard is a limited purview across a three day show with many exhibits. I don't know if what was played is what Munich-goers want to hear or what vendors think will impress -- either way it appeared to be a high-end audio show with largely tasteless music. I did no't see the point of it.
If the room is not overcrowded you can usually ask the executor for music type and even specific vinyl to track, I have done this several times at the MOC and especially at Marriott were there are far less visitors (most exactors will be happy to apply request from the audience.

Reactions: tima and AudioHR
[Munich / to go or not to go ?]

Now, to speak seriously, is there healthy food "easily accessible" there to sustain a running audiophile during a 4-days marathon ? (And who is not a manufacturer's important guest for dinner.)

Would I go, I do not intend sleeping in Munich center, but near the MOC & Hifi Deluxe instead. And I wish to avoid the Marriott for both sleep and eat.

I mean something slightly different from this - look at that red thing (posted by an attendee) - GULP! 4 days on this diet, and I get sick.

IMG_1832%20Large_0.jpeg

Comment: "After a very long day, I enjoyed a hearty meal at a local bar down the road. Can you guess what the red item is on my plate?"
[No, I definitely cannot]
(Source)

Last edited:
[Munich / to go or not to go ?]

Now, to speak seriously, is there healthy food "easily accessible" there to sustain a running audiophile during a 4-days marathon (and who is not a manufacturer's important guest for dinner).

Would I go, I do not intend sleeping in Munich center, but near the MOC & Hifi Deluxe instead. And I wish to avoid the Marriott for both sleep and eat.

I mean something slightly different from this - look at that red thing (posted by an attendee) - GULP! 4 days on this diet, and I get sick.

IMG_1832%20Large_0.jpeg

Comment: "After a very long day, I enjoyed a hearty meal at a local bar down the road. Can you guess what the red item is on my plate?"
[No, I definitely cannot]
(Source)
Tomato?

At least you got a Paulaner to wash the red stuff down.

Last edited:
Reactions: tima
If you are ever around Brussels you can have a listen.
Unfortunately they need a custom room , i never opened them up completely.
The bass can actually be frightening on movies like Avatar , Heat, Jurrasic park.
You can hear what a large 40 mm hpl braced monocoque design can do.
Well I live in Western Canada...but you never know ;)
Have you posted any pictures of your system?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu