Munich show 2023 Hifideluxe and MOC .

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda
  • Haha
Reactions: Scott Naylor
T&A did too, also FM acoustics and some others like Klipsch did demos behind closed doors at certain times.
This should be a No Go at HE Munich. The visitors should come and go when they want. The manufacturers should play music all the time and not at certain times. At these closed doors demos the manufacturer often talkes about some obscure technical details and declares why the system plays so good instead of playing music. It is simply BS to make reservations for demos when it is nearly impossible to listen properly to all the rooms in the atriums in two days.

Matt
nice thought, but follow the money.

the exhibitors are footing the bill, they should be free to optimize their investment as they see fit. then live with the resulting issues. and it's big bucks to play.

your small regional shows are maybe a different equation.....but i, for one, appreciate the commitment it takes to participate by dealers and manufacturers....at any show. a little hide and seek is ok. entitled showgoers have to get over it. or not.

i realize i'm not being politically correct. but it's reality.

Last edited:
nice thought, but follow the money.

the exhibitors are footing the bill, they should be free to optimize their investment as they see fit. then live with the resulting issues. and it's big bucks to play.

your small regional shows are maybe a different equation.....but i, for one, appreciate the commitment it takes to participate by dealers and manufacturers....at any show. a little hide and seek is ok. entitled showgoers have to get over it.

i realize i'm not being politically correct. but it's reality.
At least most manufacturers in the atriums did as I suggested, this is much appreciated. :)
Even manufacturers like Gryphon who made reservations in the past did not at this HE.

Matt

Reactions: Mike Lavigne
I guess you did a search for the word template by poster bonzo75 to get that idea. My first mention dates back to 2018.

“So, sonically, as we have all discussed, the system should represent our mental template of the live experiences we have had. “

More recent exact phrase auditory template in the thread that shall not be named

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/natural-sound.32867/post-722935

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/natural-sound.32867/post-809066

What a maroon. You were already a fatuous footnote.

Reactions: bonzo75
Shows are definelty part of the great human experience and its fun to me to see how a particular thing can have totally different reactions to a group of people.
It is interesting that a room can be the chicken and chicken shit at the same time:)

It is fascinating to read people's reactions to the rooms. It makes it strikingly clear that people can so differently and value the inevitable compromises in systems differently. I've read high praise of rooms that to me were simply incoherent and unmusical. I've read strong pans of rooms that I thought were among the top five. Who's right? We all are, for the things that light our fire and that we're willing to spend money on for our enjoyment. It does all point to the impossibility of drawing conclusions from reading these comments unless you a have confident read of that particular person's preferences and how they map to yours. (I certainly learned of a dealer a couple pages back that I shouldn't bother visiting, because we hear quite differently, and that's just fine for the both of us.) Even with all of the compromises that are being chewed over in this thread, Munich is a great show to visit, IMO.

completely agree
And yet No other manufacturer or dealer featured upon that particular personal list felt threatened enough of felt the need to respond in such a defensive manner ! … Decorum , Decorum , Decorum !

Do you know if Vladimir Lamm ever owned horn speakers for his own regular listening?

I do not know the answer to that. I’m not sure he did his own regular listening to an audio system. I do know that when asked what the ideal speakers for his ML2 amplifiers would be, he mentioned specific horn speakers. David Karmeli was able to locate them much to Vladimir‘s surprise. I do not know which speakers were readily available at the time that he recommended. He did have a business relationship with Wilson and saw business advantages to being associated with them. I do not know enough to conclude that he thought the Wilson speakers were the best for his amplifier designs.

You should contact David Karmeli privately and ask him your questions. He communicates with a lot of WBF members privately.

Reactions: Amir and tima
Why is this “Bugatti” speaker any different from the other Tidal speakers in the same price range (except for the B badge on it and different look)?
About 40% uglier ! :rolleyes:

I've seen a few pics of the darTZeel room with the 2 CS Port tables but no mention of SQ. Any members care to comment on that setup?

And yet No other manufacturer or dealer featured upon that particular personal list felt threatened enough of felt the need to respond in such a defensive manner ! … Decorum , Decorum , Decorum !
For you it was defensive, for me it was stating facts after being slammed by a competitor, not a show attendee, when not one other poster on this or any other forum had slammed our room in such a manner.

If you don't like what I said put me on ignore, but don't preach to me about what I can or can't post.

That's all I am saying regarding the subject, if you would like to discuss further either pm me or call me on the phone.

Reactions: GuyB
I think the best thing about this year's show is getting back home and just loving my own system more than anything else there.

Almost.

I do think the Alsyvox system at this year's Munich is close to or is the current state of the art.

I liked the new AG offering I didn't think was playing early on in the show. Will post about that in due course.

I do not know the answer to that. I’m not sure he did his own regular listening to an audio system. I do know that when asked what the ideal speakers for his ML2 amplifiers would be, he mentioned specific horn speakers. David Karmeli was able to locate them much to Vladimir‘s surprise. I do not know which speakers were readily available at the time that he recommended. He did have a business relationship with Wilson and saw business advantages to being associated with them. I do not know enough to conclude that he thought the Wilson speakers were the best for his amplifier designs.

You should contact David Karmeli privately and ask him your questions. He communicates with a lot of WBF members privately.

Thanks, I prefer public forums to entertain audio matters. The relation with Dave WIlson was a lot more than just business relations - they showed a mutual admiration.

Unfortunately I did not rip the old Lamm site, as I have done for many great sites - it was full of Vladimir interviews and great articles on Lamm. The internet is great, but is extremely volatile!

Not a problem for Taiko, Pilium or Alsyvox regarding your analysis of our room. We will all be showing together next year at Munich 2024. We (Taiko, Pilium and Alsyvox) were very pleased with the sound that we got with this combination. Hundreds of visitors loved the sound and several press reviews have already echoed the majority of visitors experience.

I did the disc-jockeying and I must have had at least 100 and I think many more come to me and shake my hand and literally adoring the sound. People don't do that if there are any issues.

Here is link from Enjoy the Music, where we do NOT advertise giving the Alsvyox room second to only the Western Electric room. Again, you didn't like it, but they surely did. www.enjoythemusic.com/HIGH_END_2023/Chowkwanyun/Saturday/

I can go back through this thread and dig up four or five other visitors opinions saying that the Alsvyox room was their favorite room, but why bother.

You can always run tubes if you want to soften the sound, we REALLY like the sound the way that it was presented during the show. But that is our taste and not yours, so no big deal. We like it, you don't. The good thing for us is that we sold at least one pair of speakers at the show and I think one more coming as well, not sure if it will be Rafaello or Caravaggios yet.

To each their own and for those that did and do like "our sound" come and see us in 2024. We enjoyed seeing all of the visitors that visited our room and loved that we had a packed room for pretty much every hour of the show.
You ignored that I put two speakers you carry on the honorable mention list (last year Diesis was a top 3 for me and Odeon a top 10…hell, I own Odeons). Bayz was also pretty good. I also mentioned my affection for past Alsyvox rooms…just not the last two years.

Reactions: Argonaut

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing