Music Videos - - The Greats!

Back in the day, I was a huge "Soul Train" devotee and big L.T.D. fan. This one features Jeffrey Osborne on vocals, the choreography and funky outfits:

Soul Train was great. It taught white people how to dance. Well, sorta.(smile)

Soul Train was great. It taught white people how to dance. Well, sorta.(smile)

From a white guy with two left feet, I preferred Dance Fever :)

As a comparison...The Gap Band lip-synching "You Dropped A Bomb On Me" on American Bandstand:

Last edited:
As a comparison...The Gap Band lip-synching "You Dropped The Bomb On Me" on American Bandstand:

Love it. Try this.

Wow! Haven't seen that one in a long time! Thanks.

Maybe not one of the greats, but certainly a song of one of best progressive rock bands ever.

A full version of Harmonium - Histoire Sans Paroles

Heard this yesterday on 45RPM and it was stunning.

Matthew Mayfield...I like this kid!

Deerhunter peforming "Helicopter" on Conan. From one of 2010's best LPs: "Halcyon Digest"

Bohemian Rhapsody!

Steve Winwood - Dirty City (from Nine Lives)

I'm not going through 22 pages or check my post history to find out if I posted this or not (although I likely did), but this is a superb live performance by Tears For Fears with Oleta Adams. Both Oleta's and Roland's voices are spot on and it's one of my fave live videos.

Maybe their most beautiful song:

All Star George Harrison Tribute "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" featuring a bad ass Prince guitar solo:

One of my all-time favorites and very underrated guitarist, Dave Edmunds "Sabre Dance"

Excellent choices John. A musical trip down memory lane.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu