My new 2160

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
My brother said I should get a cat. I like other people's cats. I shudder at the thought of that happening to the mighty 3060.
Perhaps by the time of 3160 Boulder will have evolved countermeasures...something like low voltage electric shocks t encourage the little buggers to kindly sod off

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I can attest to Solecky Boulder setup sounding fantastic. I have heard quite a few systems in good rooms. I think Solecky throws the widest and deepest sound stage I have heard. When the lights come back on, you are surprised the speakers are so close. And its not just wide, it really reaches for the top and bottom corners. I am surprised how musical such a powerful amp can be. It has great weight with a extended highs that are not hard at all. I have always liked Boulder gear. I have wanted the current 2106. Its out of my price range and I don't want to have to commit to a preamp also. My current preamp is single ended and Boulder does not even mess with single ended.

Your going to be very happy with your rebuilt 2160 Infinitely.

Reactions: infinitely baffled

gadawg58

Apr 7, 2018
Did you get your 2160 and if so is it as good or better than you had hoped?

George

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Did you get your 2160 and if so is it as good or better than you had hoped?

George
Hello George

I've been invited over for a factory tour by Logan Rosencrans, Boulder's international sales manager. Just agonising over whether to accept, as i hate airline travel
But my amp is built and ready to go.
I will post an update the moment it arrives?

Gavin

Reactions: gadawg58

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Guys, please get back on topic or we will close the thread.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hello George

I've been invited over for a factory tour by Logan Rosencrans, Boulder's international sales manager. Just agonising over whether to accept, as i hate airline travel
But my amp is built and ready to go.
I will post an update the moment it arrives?

Gavin
Very exciting...did I miss that you now use Olympus Tellus and Tripoint Troy Elite? We also use both Entreq (their Infinity Tungsten Plutons) and their Tripoint Troy Signature (much older). Do you use Olympus for one part of your system and Tripoint for the other? (ie, chassis vs signal, or different components?)

When is your 2160 due to arrive?

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Very exciting...did I miss that you now use Olympus Tellus and Tripoint Troy Elite? We also use both Entreq (their Infinity Tungsten Plutons) and their Tripoint Troy Signature (much older). Do you use Olympus for one part of your system and Tripoint for the other? (ie, chassis vs signal, or different components?)

When is your 2160 due to arrive?
Nice to see you Lloyd...thread took at little turn to the weird back there...

In a nutshell, I'm chassis grounding with the Tripoint, and cable grounding via Entreq.
I've formed the view that grounding more than one component or cable per ground plane is counter productive, this applies across either brand's boxes ime.
Ideally I'd like to acquire another Tripoint to fully ground my dac, plus my second tt, so I'll be monitoring the classifieds closely, perhaps ill catch an owner upgrading to ngs version.

I hear the new Entreq Infinity line is quite something. I'm thinking to ground my subs that way.
How many separate ground planes does that offer?
My Olympus Tellus, for all it's bulk, only offers two, and one of those is intended for your mains supply. Redundant for me as the Tripoint grounds the mains outlets via it's captured cable. So i use it to ground interconnects.

I'm hoping to get a delivery update from Boulder this week.
I may be a little too patient...three years' saving will do that to you.
I'm kinda blissed out not having to pay half my income out every month...when the amp arrives that will be a bonus

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks for that! We use Tripoint for chassis and Entreq for signal as well. The ONE difference is that we have separate channels (7 actually) for the Entreq with 2 Plutons and 1 Infinity Tungsten...so we also put the preamp and amp built-in chassis grounds (designed for Tripoint and Entreq boxes) on the Entreq as well.

Very exciting on the arrival imminently! On our end, still very much focused on a big push on the subwoofer side. Cannot fit 4 Velodynes so looking at some interesting options. Will also take time! Patience!

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
I'm intruiged by your quest to build dipole subs....please keep us posted

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Today received an email from Boulder dealer Hifi Corner in Edinburgh;
They have something for me ?
Intending to deliver on the 15th

Included was a picture of a massive crate.
We're arranging some additional bodies to help with the lift in from the driveway... a mere 140 kg in it's box

For some reason i can't share the picture

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Today received an email from Boulder dealer Hifi Corner in Edinburgh;
They have something for me ?
Intending to deliver on the 15th

Included was a picture of a massive crate.
We're arranging some additional bodies to help with the lift in from the driveway... a mere 140 kg in it's box

For some reason i can't share the picture
Hoo-hah! Look forward to reading all about it! You have been extremely committed to this, and you are surely in that rarified air of high end audio...something that should pair well with the rest of your august system.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Can i enlist the thread's assistance?
Does anyone recall the user name of the person i had my cat- related misunderstanding with?
I believe they were posting from Thailand.
I can't unsee that picture they posted. I'd like to offer support for the cat protection work they are doing.
I'm convinced it was a misunderstanding caused by different cultural backgrounds.
Perhaps some insensitivity on my part. I'm not sure i believed that sort of thing was actually going on, anywhere. But given that it does I would align with anyone working to end it.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Hoo-hah! Look forward to reading all about it! You have been extremely committed to this, and you are surely in that rarified air of high end audio...something that should pair well with the rest of your august system.
Generous as ever Lloyd. Thank you for the affirmation

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Arrives tomorrow ???

Reactions: christoph

gadawg58

Apr 7, 2018
Congrats and can’t wait to hear about your impressions! Enjoy!

George

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Thank you George and Dan
I've tidied the house...dusted my system...got my best clothes on...just awaiting her arrival, plus my fellow lifters to get her over the threshold.

Reactions: analyzer

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland

Attachments

• 20230415_124408.jpg
    20230415_124408.jpg
    631.7 KB · Views: 34

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing