New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

They're saying Jaylen Brown plus a starter (maybe Smart) plus a lot of picks.
And I think they have to get rid of Horford's 1 year salary. There was a time when the Celtics carried big salaries of Irving, Gordon Hayward and Horford. Tatum's salary is not exactly huge.
If all this were necessary to acquire KD it smacks of the same scenario that the Lakers gave up to get AD

Reactions: jerrybj and jadis
I’d like to see the Celts build on the team they have rather than blow it up for KD. It’s rewarding to see teams grow up and finally get over the top.

I’d like to see the Celts build on the team they have rather than blow it up for KD. It’s rewarding to see teams grow up and finally get over the top.
Agree too. But if GMs see a transcendental talent like KD, they're going to be tempted to push the buttons to get him. Plus, wouldn't it be an incredible ratings drama to have KD as a Celtic in the Finals against the Warriors? :)

And it would be like a movie as KD alters his decision in 2016 when the Celtics was invited to the Hamptons but lost the courtship to the Warriors. Sorry, I'm getting ahead of the script. :D

Reactions: steve williams
He might be a transcendental talent but to get him will IMO involve giving up the rest of their talent, exactly how it went down for the Lakers who have 3 players putting them near the salary cap so the rest of their team will be over the hill talent signed to minimum contract. It just doesn't work Phil

Reactions: rblnr and jadis
He might be a transcendental talent but to get him will IMO involve giving up the rest of their talent, exactly how it went down for the Lakers who have 3 players putting them near the salary cap so the rest of their team will be over the hill talent signed to minimum contract. It just doesn't work Phil
Agree, Steve. Besides, Celts do not have a hoard of picks like 5 years ago. It won't work.

And I hope KD doesn't land in Miami or Philly. :D

• Haha
another reason why I feel Pelinka has no vision for the Lakers. I would dump Westbrook in a heart beat. His days of greatness are well behind hm. Maybe it is Pelinka's way of kindly saying that no one wants Westbrook and they are stuck with him at $44M per year

Rob Pelinka, Lakers ready to 'embrace' Russell Westbrook if he opts in
With the 2022 Draft behind them, the Lakers say they want to help Russell Westbrook find renewed success in 2022-23 should he return to L.A.

I thought this was very interesting as I didn't know that the Lakers had a draft pick........

He then gushed about the Lakers’ newly acquired players on Draft night. The Lakers selected Michigan State freshman wing Max Christie at No. 35 after acquiring that pick from the Orlando Magic for a 2028 second-round pick and cash. The Lakers intend to soon sign Vanderbilt junior guard Scotty Pippen Jr. and Syracuse senior forward Cole Swider to two-way contracts

another reason why I feel Pelinka has no vision for the Lakers. I would dump Westbrook in a heart beat. His days of greatness are well behind hm. Maybe it is Pelinka's way of kindly saying that no one wants Westbrook and they are stuck with him at $44M per year

Rob Pelinka, Lakers ready to 'embrace' Russell Westbrook if he opts in
With the 2022 Draft behind them, the Lakers say they want to help Russell Westbrook find renewed success in 2022-23 should he return to L.A.

Lakers have no choice but to keep Russell Westbrook. Rob had to say that.
He was an expensive experiment. Not a good year, and stripping the roster to get him.

I like what Darvin Ham said in his press conference. A classy opening interview.
'Westbrook still a top player in the league.' Russell was listening.

From what I've read, Ham is going to infuse honesty and accountability in his system.
Nowhere for Russell to hide.
Who knows. He may even have a solution which could make Russell effective.

It's called coming off the bench if I were to keep him. You’re right. We both said Lakers have no choice. Westbrook would be nuts to opt out. His star has come and gone. He was great. He ain’t anymore. If LeBron we’re smart he’d demand a trade now while he’s worth something and let the lakers get some young blood. I’m tired of seeing the Lakers on the bench with oxygen running cuz they’re so old.

Reactions: jerrybj
Lakers have no choice but to keep Russell Westbrook. Rob had to say that.
He was an expensive experiment. Not a good year, and stripping the roster to get him.

I like what Darvin Ham said in his press conference. A classy opening interview.
'Westbrook still a top player in the league.' Russell was listening.

From what I've read, Ham is going to infuse honesty and accountability in his system.
Nowhere for Russell to hide.
In my view, Westbrook thrives as a PG. He is not a Klay Thompson type catch and shoot player. And he is a starter caliber player obviously and the added time he plays gives him the rhythm needed for him to excel. 1 MVP and 3 straight triple double years are not something to sneeze at in this league. So this new coach needs to pound his gavel on who should play PG for the whole game, or the majority of it. Vogel could not convince, or order LeBron to play his forward position as LB continued to play PG for most games I have seen. LB hardly plays the post up position anymore. The PG position allows him to shoot his 3s and makes his drive and kickout passes/assists. That was what has been happening. Ever wonder why a guy like JR Smith won a title with him? Catch and shoot. And Mike Miller andTony Battier. It would be a great thing if Ham converts Westbrook into a catch and shoot player these few months, if he cannot convince LB to let Westbrook play the point.

Reactions: jerrybj
It’s called coming off the bench if I were to keep him. You’re right. We both said Lakers have no choice. Westbrook would be nuts to opt out. His star has come and gone. He was great. He ain’t anymore. If LeBron we’re smart he’d demand a trade now while he’s worth something and let the lakers get some young blood. I’m tired of seeing the Lakers on the bench with oxygen running cuz they’re so old.
Steve, I would be shocked if LeBron asked to a trade, at this point.

I stumbled into what the Big O said about Westbrook. That was just last year, I think as a Wizard. Westbrook is a court general, he shoots, assists, and rebounds. But suddenly last season, all disappeared and he looked like a fumbling rookie.

He thinks Westbrook should have won the award again. "I look at Westbrook, and he got triple-doubles this year and no one even noticed it, they didn't think it was such a big deal," Robertson said on The Knuckleheads podcast. "I think that's totally unfair. I think he should have won [MVP] again.Aug 25, 2021

• Wow
Steve, I would be shocked if LeBron asked to a trade, at this point.
I agree but Lakers are never going to win a championship as long as he is a Laker

Reactions: jadis
Stephen A just suggested to trade LeBron, mentioning some teams to call.

And I hope KD doesn't land in Miami or Philly. :D

KD is in a spot. James gone, Kyrie up to more antics. A big question mark over Ben Simmons.
Few will trade for him, as he costs too much.

His social media posts do no show him in a good light.
I've lost sympathy.

It still irks me when he played hero ball up 3-1.
Then joined them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing