New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

If some GM is prepared to pick up Kyrie I would say KD has some soul searching to do. I like KD but with his Supermax contract it might be impossible for a trade to occur. He might have priced himself out of the market. I like the stance the Nets are taking with Kyrie. He too might be going nowhere. If that’s the case the Nets will be mired in controversy and they won’t be going anywhere soon

• Sad
Reactions: christoph and jadis
If some GM is prepared to pick up Kyrie I would say KD has some soul searching to do. I like KD but with his Supermax contract it might be impossible for a trade to occur. He might have priced himself out of the market. I like the stance the Nets are taking with Kyrie. He too might be going nowhere. If that’s the case the Nets will be mired in controversy and they won’t be going anywhere soon
And not to forget, after Nets solve the Kyrie and KD situation, they have the Ben Simmons 'I don't wanna play but want my money' problem.

I think it might also put Steve Nash in a precarious position as it is always the coach who is fired first before the team is blamed (anyone heard of this guy Rob Pelinka)

• Angry
Just looking at Portland trying to build something.

Shaedon Sharpe and Jabari Walker in the draft.
Jerami Grant taken, Josh Hart picked up, Simons and Nurkic to sign.

Read they need a small forward/backup centre.

TJ Warren is an unrestricted free agent.
If able to take the court, what a pick up.
I think I saw Malik Monk has been mentioned for Portland.

Luguentz Dort is an UFA as well.
Montrezl Harrell as backup centre? Or JaVale McGee?

I'm sure there are trades yet to come.
At least the front office is showing Damian Lillard they are wanting to improve the roster around him.

So Kyrie plays for this year with the Nets. Should mean KD is staying, at least for this year.

John Wall will play for the Clippers after being waived. His earnings is one of the most eye popping ever, $123m for 40 games. Thanks to the player friendly CBA.

• Sad
Reactions: christoph
Possible deals

Dejounte Murray to Atlanta
Rudi Gobert to Charlotte
Colin Sexton on the move
Jalen Brunson stays put
John Wall and Eric Gordon being moved

I didn't post that earlier.
Wall was a yes.
I can see Pop and RC Buford letting Dejounte go.
They don't seem to get in the way of players reaching for their goals, if it's not possible with them.

Last edited:
I really don't know the case of John Wall, if he was healthy but refused to play in Houston. These huge contracts are really ridiculous, when players just sit. It's getting to be a fad.

• Angry
Reactions: christoph
as for the Lakers , I understand Pelinka is touring some old folks homes in the LA area to see if he can shake any fossilized players loose to play for a minimum contract. :D

• Haha
speaking of free agents, here is the morning read...

10 most intriguing free agents this offseason​

James Harden, Deandre Ayton and Zach LaVine are among the players who could change teams this offseason

I was reading on Bleacher report all day yesterday that Kyrie was coming to the Lakers :eek:

LA Lakers' Top Trade and Free-agency Targets After Kyrie Irving Picks Up Nets Option​

With the Kyrie fiasco, my bet is KD will leave and move on when his contract expires unless the Nets sign some players
My thoughts too. I would even guess that KD must have told Kyrie just stay for a year and let's have a run, if we win the title, the Nets and Tsai will give you a 5 year super max. :D

My thoughts too. I would even guess that KD must have told Kyrie just stay for a year and let's have a run, if we win the title, the Nets and Tsai will give you a 5 year super max. :D
I doubt he would say that as IMO there is simply no way the Nets with their existing roster is going to win the title this year

Reactions: jadis
I really cannot stand players with so many antics. They're supposed to play basketball and not wrestling, nor becoming philosophers with cryptic tweets to have some verbal showdown with anybody. Now, active players even have podcasts. I don't even know if there is a conflict or not as some can use these platforms for illegal recruitment and the like, establish 'friendship' with guests and then boom, 'play together'. In the olden days, if you're good, you wanna clobber who is deemed in your level, not be wimps and join forces, that is the exact opposite of 'competition. :D

Reactions: steve williams
I doubt he would say that as IMO there is simply no way the Nets with their existing roster is going to win the title this year
But the 2 went to Brooklyn with only one thing in mind - to win a title. They were following some pattern of big names with free agent pick ups. This one done in a locker room alley. :D

And the Nets had big names like Aldridge, Blake Griffin and even lesser name buy a champion Spur like Patty Mills. Their roster was loaded, and they miss Joe Harris due to injury.

I wonder how the Clippers will fare this year after signing Wall
We have to see if Wall actually plays a game or 2, and how much in shape is he in?

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu