New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

what an amazing contract for the Joker....almost $53M per year x 5 years....One of the best players in the league IMO

Report: Jokic, Nuggets agree on historic 5-year extension​

With a record $264 million supermax contract extension, the 2-time Kia MVP is locked in with Denver through the 2027-28 season.

I would say good for both parties :cool:

The wish of Kyrie...wonder if he is dragging KD along too in this 'tour'.

I seriously would have to unlove KD if he ever joins LeBum :eek::rolleyes::oops:

The wish of Kyrie...wonder if he is dragging KD along too in this 'tour'.

The only way I could see this happen (Kyrie re-uniting with LeBJ) is that LeBum requests that KD will also join in :eek:

Then, all of a sudden, the Lakers would be a serious contender for another ring :oops:
But with the consequence that I absolutely can NOT root anymore for KD :(

Reactions: jadis
It's contracts like this that drive me crazy. Can't deny Zion is a great player however the reality is that he is injury prone, overweight and has played probably 4 games since he signed with the Pels....

Report: Williamson, Pelicans closing in on extension

New Orleans Pelicans big man Zion Williamson and the team are nearing an agreement on a five-year, $231 million extension, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic. Williamson played in 24 games as a rookie, then 65 games in his second year — and zero games this season, when the Pelicans overcame a 1-12 start to finish 36-46, then win two Play-In Tournament games and make the playoffs. In the 2020-21 season, Williamson was an All-Star, averaging 27.0 ppg. 7.2 rpg, 3.7 apg while shooting 61.1% overall. Per Charania, the deal is expected to include protections that both Williamson and the Pelicans were sorting out.

Reactions: jadis and christoph
It's contracts like this that drive me crazy. Can't deny Zion is a great player however the reality is that he is injury prone, overweight and has played probably 4 games since he signed with the Pels....

Report: Williamson, Pelicans closing in on extension

New Orleans Pelicans big man Zion Williamson and the team are nearing an agreement on a five-year, $231 million extension, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic. Williamson played in 24 games as a rookie, then 65 games in his second year — and zero games this season, when the Pelicans overcame a 1-12 start to finish 36-46, then win two Play-In Tournament games and make the playoffs. In the 2020-21 season, Williamson was an All-Star, averaging 27.0 ppg. 7.2 rpg, 3.7 apg while shooting 61.1% overall. Per Charania, the deal is expected to include protections that both Williamson and the Pelicans were sorting out.
Those contracts for not playing and injured players are completely ridiculous :mad:

Celts get their PG in Brogdon, hopefully he can stay on the floor. Excellent pickup by Stevens.

Last edited:
Re KD, am finding him increasingly hard to like too. Less of a leader than he seems perhaps.

• Sad
Reactions: christoph and jadis
Celts get their PG in Brogdon, hopefully he can stay on the floor. Excellent pickup by Stevens.
Good news to wake up to. I was impressed with Brogdon with the Bucks. And I read Celtics will have Gallinari. Strong guy who can shoot.

Reactions: christoph
Those contracts for not playing and injured players are completely ridiculous :mad:
I wonder how owners can agree to these rules, that players can come to their teams that traded them and say I Don't want to play, Simmons and Kemba. And even more ridiculous is the these players can sue to get paid for sitting.

Last edited:
  • Angry
The only way I could see this happen (Kyrie re-uniting with LeBJ) is that LeBum requests that KD will also join in :eek:

Then, all of a sudden, the Lakers would be a serious contender for another ring :oops:
But with the consequence that I absolutely can NOT root anymore for KD :(
For that to happen, Lakers have to trade Davis and Westbrook. How the Wizards can regard Westbrook as a returning asset will be baffling.

Wow...didn't see this one coming

Reports: Jazz trade Rudy Gobert to Wolves in multi-player deal​

Minnesota sends a steep package, including 5 players and 5 picks, to Utah.

• Wow
Anybody else think they’re overpaying for Gobert?

I think freeing up Towns to play PF is a major plus, and Edwards is a blossoming star, but who else was offering 4 first rounders plus a ton of players? Interesting to see if/how the twin towers approach can work in today’s game in any case.

It’s reminiscent of Ainge getting multiple picks for Garnett and Pierce, same playbook for the Jazz now.

Last edited:
I think freeing up Towns to play PF is a major plus, and Edwards is a blossoming star, but who else was offering 4 first rounders plus a ton of players? Interesting to see if/how the twin towers approach can work in today’s game in any case.

It’s reminiscent of Ainge getting multiple picks for Garnett and Pierce.
The team that stands to gain most in a KD and Kyrie trade is the Houston Rockets. They own a ton of Nets picks from the Harden trade and if the Nets tank, these picks can be high lottery picks. Now that will really become an Ainge move.

Yet another reason I love The Spurs.

Dejounte Murray said today:
"...they didn't want to see me waste years rebuilding...they want to see me win and the best for Dejounte, and I thank them for that. That's what makes our relationship special and family forever."

Sure, the trade was very good for The Spurs. But Dejounte's future played a part in it.

Last edited:
Yet another reason I love The Spurs.
Dejounte Murray said today:
"...they didn't want to see me waste years rebuilding...they want to see me win and the best for Dejounte, and I thank them for that a lot. That's what makes our relationship special and family forever."

Sure, the trade was very good for The Spurs. But Dejounte's future played a part in it.
San Antonio Spurs is a respectable organization. They do not whine and make noise when they have dips in some years even during the Tim Duncan era. And now that they are rebuilding, it will not be long and they will figure prominently again in the West.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing