New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

• Sad
Reactions: christoph
and just when you think things are bad in Brooklyn, they just got a whole lot worse

Woj: Kyrie Irving 'Likely' Played Last Game with Nets After Kevin Durant Trade Rumors

Frankly, I thought that Kyrie opting in was a sign that he and KD would make a run for the title or at least play as good buddies for 1 more year. But of course we couldn't see the backdoor sentiments. So apparently KD had the decision made to bolt the Nets a few days or weeks ago. So it's about his unhappiness over the Nets' handling the Kyrie situation (as I have heard from some reports). As to Kyrie, the team that will agree to take him in a trade must be ready to sign him to an extension of a few years and give up assets. I wonder what team will do that given his unpredictable track record.

Must be frustrating to be an NBA fan these days with star players calling the shots. Incredible egos, lots of key injuries over an absurdly long season, tremendous volatility.
And so as one coach said, there are a handful of elements for winning the title, and one of them is LUCK. Brooklyn can use this reason for their failure. How else did they foresee that with KD back from injury, the next event is Kyrie refusing to play due his vax beliefs? And that with Kyrie opting in (via Twitter), KD would ask to be traded? Indeed it's frustrating for a fan to see this all happen, gold to sawdust. And it leaves a very bad model for the new rising stars. It's a players' league, and Silver is very helpless.

Some interesting deals on the first day of free agency.
Max
Jokic, Booker, Beal, Kat, Morant, Zion, LaVine, Town
Staying
Oladipo, Bagley III, Simons, Dort, Gary Harris, Patty Mills, Portis, Boucher, Claxton, Tyus Jones, Bamba, Batum, Jevon Carter, Wesley Matthews, Dedmon, Thaddeus Young, Nurkic, Robinson, Looney
On the move
Knicks Brunson
76ers PJ Tucker, Daniel House
Mavs McGee
Wolves Kyle Anderson, Gobert
Lakers Toscano-Anderson, Lonnie Walker IV, Damien Jones, Troy Brown Jr
Kings Malik Monk
Bucks Joe Ingles
Knicks Hartenstein
Wizards Delon Wright
Rockets Jae'Sean Tate
Chicago Drummond
Portland GP II
Boston Brogdon
Warriors DiVincenzo
Jazz Beverley, Beasley

A handful of others I haven't heard of.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph and jadis
Good insight on what the Nets expect to receive.

Tim Legler's take on Kyrie's words is priceless. :D

Stephen A - 'Kyrie ruined the franchise'. Can't say it any better.

Reactions: jadis
But I don't want to root for the Suns. Mimimimi :rolleyes:
The bigger dilemma is if indeed KD goes to the Suns and the Suns face the Warriors in a playoff series. :)

Imagine KD and Kyrie get traded to the same team :eek: :D
According to Woj, that is even possible. The Nets might 'package' the duo to a team with all the assets it would deem fair for giving up these 2 superstars. And that will make the other team a contender instantly. And I hope that team is from the West. :D

Some interesting deals on the first day of free agency.
Max
Jokic, Booker, Beal, Kat, Morant
Staying
Oladipo, Bagley III, Simons, Dort, Gary Harris, Patty Mills, Portis, Boucher, Claxton, Tyus Jones, Bamba, Batum, Jevon Carter, Wesley Matthews, Dedmon, Thaddeus Young
On the move
Knicks Brunson
76ers PJ Tucker, Daniel House
Mavs McGee
Wolves Kyle Anderson
Lakers Toscano-Anderson, Lonnie Walker IV, Damien Jones, Troy Brown Jr
Kings Malik Monk
Bucks Joe Ingles
Knicks Hartenstein
Wizards Delon Wright
Rockets Jae'Sean Tate
Chicago Drummond
Portland GP II

A handful of others I haven't heard of.
Pity GP II couldn't stay with the Warriors

The bigger dilemma is if indeed KD goes to the Suns and the Suns face the Warriors in a playoff series. :)
Easy to decide: Warriors over KD (with the Suns)

That's the mechanism of the luxury tax at work. These bench players salaries will double or triple with their good performances the last season. They have to pay Looney a lot too for him to stay. It's all about the money.

• Sad
I was also sorry to see the Lakers trade the only young player with potential as Malik Monk goes to Sacramento

what an amazing contract for the Joker....almost $53M per year x 5 years....One of the best players in the league IMO

Report: Jokic, Nuggets agree on historic 5-year extension​

With a record $264 million supermax contract extension, the 2-time Kia MVP is locked in with Denver through the 2027-28 season.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
what an amazing contract for the Joker....almost $53M per year x 5 years....One of the best players in the league IMO

Report: Jokic, Nuggets agree on historic 5-year extension​

With a record $264 million supermax contract extension, the 2-time Kia MVP is locked in with Denver through the 2027-28 season.

And the Wizards willingly gave Bradley Beal almost the same contract, $250m for 5 years, for a 10 year career without much hoopla, no awards, no deep playoff push that I can remember. Must be for loyalty. But he's a pretty good player, can create his own shots and at times unstoppable.

• Wow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing