New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Worst trade in NBA history maybe. They suspended him because it gives the team a rallying call against the Lakers. MN +7.5 looks nice. AntMan could go crazy
Another Kings starter broke his hand aw punching a wall in frustration of something. Temper.

• Wow
Reactions: christoph
Another Kings starter broke his hand aw punching a wall in frustration of something. Temper.
Dumb ass move on his part. They have what's called a Boxer's fracture

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Wolves play Laers tonight and over the past 2 years the Wolves have always easily beaten the Lakers. But the big news is...

Timberwolves suspend Rudy Gobert for Play-In game vs. Lakers

The Timberwolves' center was involved in an in-game scuffle with teammate Kyle Anderson in the team's final game of the season.

This should be a good game as Minnesota is no push over

Reactions: jadis
so for we Lakers fans here is a terrific read. I believe Wolves with Gobert can beat the Lakers but the Wolves handled the Lakers last year without Gobert so this series will be a challenge. Here is an interesting read for we Lakers fans

Opportunity Knocks​
by Mike Trudell​
On February 10th, the Lakers had a record of 25-31, which saw them in 13th place in the Western Conference. They'd needed to battle even to get to that point, after a 2-10 start.

And yet, by regular season's end on April 9, after a torrid stretch including 18 wins to just eight losses boosted by a huge trade deadline that brough in several talented players like D'Angelo Russell, Jarred Vanderbilt, Rui Hachimura and Malik Beasley, the Lakers pushed themselves to a 43-39 record.

In doing so, they moved all the way up to the No. 7 seed, giving them the chance to win one home play-in game – against No. 8 Minnesota at 7 p.m. on April 11 – for the right to play a full seven-game series against No. 2 Memphis.

"It's great, man," said Darvin Ham. "We're just looking forward to the opportunity. Starting where we started at earlier in the year, now where we are, we're excited. Guys are ready to go. We've got great synergy in the locker room. Need to clean up some stuff defensively, but outside of that, we’re ready."
Austin Reaves, D'Angelo Russell
The defense has indeed slipped a bit in the last week, albeit while playing against teams in Utah and Phoenix that weren't playing their typical lineups, giving the games a different feel. Anthony Davis, who has a strong argument for being the NBA's best defensive player, thinks they'll sharpen up for the Wolves.
"We had a conversation about getting back to who we are defensively, being that top team defensively that we want to be, which has helped us win a lot of basketball games since the trade," said Davis after Monday's practice. "Getting back to that, playing with a little more effort, more energy. One shot...defensive rebounding. Getting back to the scrappiness that we've been used to playing with to help us get out in transition where we're at our best."

The play-in format is still new, though the Lakers do have some experience, having won the No. 7 vs. No. 8 game in 2021 vs. Golden State, a game that featured a dagger three from LeBron James.

In the postseason, you have multiple days to prep for a team, but you just have one day to prep," said LeBron. "For us, it's just good that we don't have to travel. It's good that we get to stay here, but you shouldn't be comfortable. You have to stay on edge and get ready for the game."

Since the trade deadline, L.A. has posted the NBA's 6th-best net rating (4.8), and tied for the 2nd-most wins with Boston (18), trailing only Philadelphia (20). They have the No. 2-rated defense in that stretch, and the 14th-best offense.
Jarred Vanderbilt rebound
Their opponent on Tuesday is facing some serious adversity, meanwhile. During their season finale against New Orleans on Sunday, Rudy Gobert threw a punch at teammate Kyle Anderson. That led to Gobert being sent home at halftime, and subsequently being suspended for Tuesday night's game. Meanwhile, Jaden McDaniels, the primary defender on LeBron from a Lakers victory on March 31, suffered a broken hand by punching a wall, ending his season.
The Wolves were already thin up front, with Naz Reid's season ending prior to that last Lakers matchup with a broken wrist. They still have a potent offensive starting lineup with Towns at the five, Anthony Edwards featured on the wing, Mike Conley at PG and veterans Kyle Anderson and Taurean Prince stepping into the vacant starting spots. But that thins out their bench, and really limits the type of rim protection they can offer, with late second-round-pick rookie Luka Garza and undrafted Nathan Knight as bench options.

Minnesota can certainly provide a threat that the Lakers haven't seen much of this season, with KAT picking and popping from the three-point line, trying to bring Anthony Davis and the Lakers' other bigs out of the paint, thus opening up driving lanes for Edwards. The Wolves will also try to keep the Lakers out of the paint with collapsing team defense, hoping they'll settle for jump shots. Attacking the rim, after all, is where the Lakers can really do a ton of damage.
LeBron James block
For the 2022-23 season, the Lakers ranked sixth in the NBA in points in the paint (54.5), and first in free throw attempts (26.6). The Wolves were also prominent in paint points at No. 8 (54.2), though a chunk of that was due to the Gobert screen-roll action when he inevitably rolled to, and often finished at, the rim. Where the Wolves drop off from L.A. is in free throw rate, as they ranked 16th in free throw attempts (23.7).
Since LeBron and AD became teammates in Los Angeles, opponents have always tried to keep them out of the paint. It's just...very hard to do. And while some lineups prior to the trade deadline that lacked spacing around L.A.'s star duo did make things more difficult, the presence of skill guards D'Angelo Russell and Austin Reaves makes it even harder to contain the Lakers' constant pursuit of the rim.

In short, the Lakers are 48 minutes away from giving themselves a real chance to make a postseason run.

Given where things were as recently as two months ago, that's a fantastic opportunity, and one that's well within their reach.

Hawks surprise the Heat in Miami, locking up the 7th seed to play the Celtics. Great game played by the Hawks.

I watched the game. The era of Miami Heat dominance is gone. Miami was outclassed in every statistic. Trae Young is a terrific player. Hawks dominated the entire game. Heat have some big contracts they are carrying and they are needing to jump start the team.

Reactions: jadis
I watched the game. The era of Miami Heat dominance is gone. Miami was outclassed in every statistic. Trae Young is a terrific player. Hawks dominated the entire game. Heat have some big contracts they are carrying and they are needing to jump start the team.
I'm surprised that Duncan Robinson is sitting in the bench and his contract is almost in the $20m level ending in 2026. The same thing happened to their center Whiteside, after signing a huge extension, his performance went downhill. Butler, Bam are signed through 2026 and Herro till 2027. Still, Miami's total salary is $40m short of the top 2 - Clippers and Warriors.

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams
Lakers tip off shortly vs Wolves whio match up very well vs Lakers. Gobert watching at home and wondering about his outbursts abd where he might be playing next year. . He did a similar thing when he was giving an interview and was exposed or had Covid. Another dumb ass. Stuff like that can never be tolerated by any team. They did what they had to and suspended him tonight. I think it is only for one game so if they win tonight which I feel is possible (unless the lakers play defense). Plus AD and Le Bron have to be on their game at both ends. Lakers have very talented young players who can score but defense wins games. ( Not run and gun such e to sun big as Suns ). So as the saying goes “ the ball is in their court “. They have to wi n tonight to get a few days rest. Otherwise they play either pea or Thunder for the 8 spot

Lakers not only have to win but they thay have to su mei big to show they are a threat

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Lakers were completely dominated in the first as they managed only twice to take the lead and never had more than a two point lead. AD has been brute force but missing shots while the Wolves dance rings around them.
End of first Wolves 28-22

Tied at 95 with 32 secs in the game Lakers in bound the ball and it is stolen by the Wolves. With 30 seconds left Wolves control the ball However they also give up the ball. With 21 seconds left Lakers again have possession and play for last shot. Schroeder Nikes a 3 with 1.7 seconds left.
AD fouls Conley for a 3 point foul Dumbest damn play I’ve ever seen. It’s one where Gobert would have punched AD in the chest foir the dumbest push I’ve ever seen. The game was theirs with 0.1 seconds left.

with 0.1 seconds he makes all 3

Overtime.

Tied at 95 with 32 secs in the game Lakers in bound the ball and it is stolen by the Wolves. With 30 seconds left Wolves control the ball However they also give up the ball. With 21 seconds left Lakers again have possession and play for last shot. Schroeder Nikes a 3 with 1.7 seconds left.
AD fouls Conley for a 3 point foul Dumbest damn play I’ve ever seen. It’s one where Gobert would have punched AD in the chest foir the dumbest push I’ve ever seen. The game was theirs with 0.1 seconds left.

with 0.1 seconds he makes all 3

Overtime.
Maybe the worst pro basketball game I've ever seen. Both of these teams deserve to be out of the play in.

Lakers pulled a rabbit out of their ass as they played poorly until the last few minutes of he 4th

in OT they close out the Wolves and finish in the 7th

Final Lakers 108-102

what a comedy of errors. Neither team deserved to win. AD pulled the dumbest foul I’ve ever seen

I was holding off my lunch for the end of the 4th, when Schroeder made the 3, I went to have my lunch, thinking it's impossible for the Wolves to hit a 3 with a few seconds left. And then I looked at my phone to find the Lakers winning in OT. So I looked at the replay, it was the silliest foul I've seen in a long time. That shot hit the backboard and even without a foul it would have been way off.

Reactions: steve williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing