New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Reaves has proven his mettle this year. When he is on the floor, everything changes. He reminds me of Alex Caruso when he was with the Lakers. Reaves is the new "white mamba"
I've thought the same too, like Alex Caruso.

Sixers playing like the want to win MORE than the C's, who have no fire in them. The veterans are shining, Harris, Embiid and Harden. Even Maxey is contributing well. This is not the same team as last year, for the Celtics, to think that they added 6th man Brogdon. Coaching is the problem. Doc has his 'veteran' team right now poised to go deeper. I think they can handle the Heat.

Sad to say that this is the first time this year the Celts seem vulnerable.as they lose to the Sixers who just wanted it more

Final Sixers 115-103

Sixers up 3-2
I say the coach does not know how to adjust. Using the same people when he's got shooters in the bench - Hauser and Pritchard, the latter did well in the Finals last season. He can't take a hint from Walker last night. They have the same lineup as last season, plus the 6th man of the year, so what gives? Like the Bucks, they should need a new coach, sad to say. Joe lacks the savvy of Spo or Doc.

And Sixers have the MVP Embiid playing at the highest level. With an EX- MVP in Harden. The PROCESS is complete, finally. How the C's miss Ben Simmons. :D

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams
From the Suns perspective, they have no need to panic.
Defend home court, and then need a Herculean effort in Game 7.
(Have a look at why Denver had a losing streak near the end of the regular season).
Anything insights to gain from that stretch? Sure they've done that already.

From Nuggets view, try to end it in 6.
If Game 7, odds in their favour.
But have seen many favourites go down before.

Was very impressed with the 76ers defence.
The difference in game 5
That can happen in any game in the playoffs and when the D stiffens, coach Joe should have made adjustments in letting good players on the bench play. I used to think that the Celtics are 9 or 10 deep. Robert Williams should have been a starter. No way Horford at 36 can control Embiid. Grant Williams, 8 minutes and Pritchard, 9 minutes. Brogdon and Hauser, completes the 10 deep roster, but the bench (with the exception of Brogdon) are just sitting and watching while the starters continue to have bad shooting nights, terrible shooting percentage and I doubt it's because the starters of the Sixers clamped them down. The coach needs to adjust, that's why it's a 7 game series. What Doc is seeing is a very predictable offense by the Celtics. There has to be some surprises. This is a shooting league. 4 bench players have good outside shooting range. Celtics thrives when their outside shots are going in. But I really doubt this will happen in Game 6.

From the Suns perspective, they have no need to panic.
Defend home court, and then need a Herculean effort in Game 7.
(Have a look at why Denver had a losing streak near the end of the regular season).
Anything insights to gain from that stretch? Sure they've done that already.

From Nuggets view, try to end it in 6.
If Game 7, odds in their favour.
But have seen many favourites go down before.
The Suns have KD, like the Warriors have Curry. These 2 are the load carriers of their teams. Good thing the Suns have a very reliable Robin in Booker but sometimes he is the Batman. This series just looks likes a homecourt series, and agree, Suns will have a tough job if this goes to Game 7 in Denver. Oh, Denver had a surprise cake in Bruce Brown last night - 25 points. The whole Suns bench had 26. Which reminds me of tomorrow's series, will Poole show up from his 0 points game? His new 4 yr contract of $140m is on the radar. Bob Meyers must be gnashing his teeth.

Btw, Kendrick Perkins has 3 points out of 12 needed to make him the greatest basketball psychic that ever lived. :D

Reactions: jerrybj
The cream is certainly rising to the top at this point. What will JP be?

Going back to fishing now LOL

Well, maybe we can make caption it as 'The Punch that Drained $140m'. :)

And I refuse to believe that this Warriors team is operating functionally unless I see the spewing mouth of Draymond Green and his mind bending antics on Davis and LeBron. Oops, did I say LeBron? Green wouldn't do that to his 'partner'. :D

This Is the best playoffs I’ve seen in years. As to theSuns they are going fishing as will the GSW. I also now have my concerns about the Celtics. This is for all the marbles and so far the Lakers and Nuggets totally outperform the GSW and Suns. Also the Sixers just seem to want it more than the Celtics

Finally the Suns and Celts are now in a best of 2 series with themselves, as they have to win both games. I read that 82% of NBA teams who go up 3-1 win their series and I am sure the odds aren't far behind for teams trailing 3-2.

For me the biggest unknown but causing the most noise in the EC is the Heat. The Knicks are a rising team but it isn't happening this year for them. I truly can see the Heat winning the EC behind Butler who for me is the Playoffs MVP. In the WC I see a Lakers-Nuggets final which I prefer as I believe the Lakers match up better against the Nuggets than the Suns. Whether they can beat the Nuggs is a different story but for me the fairy tale ending to this season would be a Heat-lakers championship series as that would be two Cinderella teams neither of whom have turned into pumpkins at the stroke of midnight

This Is the best playoffs I’ve seen in years. As to theSuns they are going fishing as will the GSW. I also now have my concerns about the Celtics. This is for all the marbles and so far the Lakers and Nuggets totally outperform the GSW and Suns. Also the Sixers just seem to want it more than the Celtics

Finally the Suns and Celts are now in a best of 2 series w=ith themselves, as they have to win both games. I read that 82% of NBA teams who go up 3-1 win their series and I am sure the odds aren't far behind for teams trailing 3-2.

For me the biggest unknown but causing the most Roble in the EC is the Heat. The Knicks are a rising team but it isn't happening this year for them. I truly can see the Heat winning the EC behind Butler who for me is the Playoffs MVP. In the WC I see a Lakers-Nuggets final which I prefer as I believe the Lakers match up better against the Nuggets than the Suns. Whether they can beat the Nuggs is a different story but for me the fairy tale ending to this season would be a Heat-lakers championship series as that would be two Cinderella teams neither of whom have turned into pumpkins at the stroke of midnight
Many didn't take the Sixers seriously but I was hoping Brooklyn would take them out. Celtics, and many teams, have no answer for Embiid even in past games. When I said at the start of the series it will revive the rivalry, I was meaning the Sixers will be a hard matchup. There were winnable games that Boston lost but they lost it early on and not on the last shot of Harden. For the record, Harden is the league assist leader and Embiid his the league scoring leader. That alone should be a stat that coaches will have to ponder on. If they move on, Miami will have their hands full.

AS you say, Sixers are a good team with Harden and Embiid. Plus Harden for once knows and plays his part which is backup to Embiid.

FWIW, the Heat seem to enjoy having their hands full and seem to rise to the top. Sixers-Heat will be a good series. I still believe the EC will win it all

Reactions: jadis
Here is an interesting read about the Warriors....

Warriors' playoff series win streak against West foes at stake ahead of Game 5

The Warriors are 1 setback away from losing their 1st Western Conference playoff series since 2014, a span of 19 clashes

Reactions: jadis
AS you say, Sixers are a good team with Harden and Embiid. Plus Harden for once knows and plays his part which is backup to Embiid.

FWIW, the Heat seem to enjoy having their hands full and seem to rise to the top. Sixers-Heat will be a good series. I still believe the EC will win it all
Agree. I have to note that Doc is getting stellar performances from Tobias and Maxey. Both have been with them for some kind and now their engines seem to be in full gear. Plus the 38 year old tough as nails Pj Tucker. He does his role very well.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu