New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I also read a few interesting stats about the Lakers and these playoffs

1. They have the best defense amongst all of the competing teams

2. And this ,if you can believe it......they are the top scoring team in the 4th period.

FWIW as well it took me over 6 months of the season to remember the name of the Lakers coach but as of today, not one sports commentator is mentioning Darvin Ham and his turnaround team after the trade deadline

Reactions: jadis
In the battle of the MVPs, should it happen, I'm picking Denver. Hoping the thin air will give the Sixers fits LOL

Wager a fish taco this June Stevie? :)

Here is an interesting read about the Warriors....

Warriors' playoff series win streak against West foes at stake ahead of Game 5

The Warriors are 1 setback away from losing their 1st Western Conference playoff series since 2014, a span of 19 clashes

Very good points raised by Powell. Curry or Klay have not had their epic 40 to 50 point games and this is their last chance to save their season and even their dynasty. As former Celtics coach Bill Fitch told his boys after losing a game for a 1-3 count, they have to beat us 1 more time. And that's what Steve Kerr echoed, from what I know, it's about winning 4 games. Of course these are pep talks. Winning is the bottom line.

I also read a few interesting stats about the Lakers and these playoffs

1. They have the best defense amongst all of the competing teams

2. And this ,if you can believe it......they are the top scoring team in the 4th period.

FWIW as well it took me over 6 months of the season to remember the name of the Lakers coach but as of today, not one sports commentator is mentioning Darvin Ham and his turnaround team after the trade deadline

Well, I've given him credit already for using his point guards as point guards. And getting his plan done. That is a great accomplishment which I erstwhile thought no coach could do to the Lakers team as it is construed the past few years.

In the battle of the MVPs, should it happen, I'm picking Denver. Hoping the thin air will give the Sixers fits LOL

Wager a fish taco this June Stevie? :)
You might be right Jack but again the Heat IMO is a big factor and cannot be excluded

You might be right Jack but again the Heat IMO is a big factor and cannot be excluded
Watching Jokic play is a treat. He shoots with amazing accuracy from anywhere on the court. He looks like a tall frumpy player and not very muscular but he makes up for everything once he is on the court

I love me some compatriot Spo for sure. Spoke alone makes them my sentimental favorite. Man sorry to give up on you Dubs, hope you prove me wrong. Many good memories in the Bay visiting you for the first time and meeting Ron included! That is also where I invested a little bit. Anyway, the way Buckets has been playing though. WOWOWOWOW. Can his body sustain it for a series against Boston or Philly? I'm not a cardiologist but that big ol' heart needs legs too. Big, pun intended, front court disadvantage for Miami IMO even with an all-star in Bam and a reinvigorated Love.

Taco? Taco and a Margarita? Can't wait for this trip :D

Reactions: steve williams
I just chatted with a local Celtics fan and I asked him what's wrong with our team and he said the biggest thing missing is Celtic Pride. And it struck me so my mind went down memory lane and I thought of John Havlicek, Bird, KG and Paul Pierce. I don't see such a player now in the Celtics roster who has this. And my friend wants to trade Tatum for Jokic. :D I would trade Tatum but not for Jokic.

• Wow
Reactions: steve williams
And by way, if I'm playing NBA 2K, I'd put Brogdon to start in place of White. Celtics don't have a great shooting point guard now. So, Tatum for d Aaron Fox and Sabonis is what I'd do in the off season. :D

Phil you’re already planning for next season and this one is still ongoing. Celts have won 2 in a row before
Well Steve, they showed some fire then. Only if they do tomorrow can they win.

Horford was good in those won games but not lately. His energy should be saved for the 4th quarter. Adjustments adjustments.

I didn't realize that Curry is 35 years old. Lol

And Poole is swimming around a bit. :D

Nothing to cheer about tonight if you’re a Lakers fan!. Simply put the Lakers were outplayed out classed and out scored. Tonight was a night where all you Saw was Steph Curry at his very best. Golden State Warriors easily win and force game six. The Lakers have to win game six because they don’t wanna go back to Chase center to play game seven.

Final 121-106 Warriors

• Love
Reactions: christoph
<<<Biting my nails>>>

Imagine if ALL the remaining 4 series goes to 7 games! Silver will turn gold, no pun intended. :D

• Haha
Reactions: christoph
And this is the new trend of contract negotiations. You get into the ALL NBA selection, 1st team or 2nd team, and you get a bonus, a BIG BIG Bonus.

Jaylen Brown got into the 2nd All-NBA team and is now eligible for whopping $295m 5 year deal this year!!! And Tatum got into the 1st All-NBA team and will be eligible for a $340m deal. That's more than half a billion dollars for the Celtics to fork out. Wow!

What is pertinent now is that if these 2 whoppers (as far $$$ is concerned) can secure a win tomorrow in Philly. Otherwise, they really achieved nothing. :(

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu