New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

From what read, Steve, he'll be overseeing the Celtics organization from bird's eye view and sometimes will be on the bench, sometimes not. I imagine he'll be making recommendations to coach Mazulla. And he will be charge also of Boston's G League team.
I think this is a superb move by the Celts. JVG is an expert at the game

Reactions: jadis
as a Lakers fan, watching the preseason games where their bench plays all but the first period I have to admit that the off season acquisitions have been a real surprise to me( in a good way). These kids ca shoot 3 's all night and have set a 3 point total scoring record . Prince seems to hit them from anywhere on the court. AD looks healthy and so does LeBron. Could this season be the last hurrah for LeBron as inevitable the team will pass from LeBron to AD. AD seems poised to accept the challenge. barring injuries lakers are predicted by most to finish 3rd.

I still feel will allll the off season trades and draft picks, all teams have gotten better. This should be a very competitive season.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Well, opening night will pit their Lakers against the Nuggets. Then Suns versus Warriors. Good games!

Reactions: steve williams
Well, opening night will pit their Lakers against the Nuggets. Then Suns versus Warriors. Good games!
Al the games will be good Phil. I believe this will be a tight and topsy turvy race until the end of season. Hopefully every one stays healthy

This read proves my point that the league all around is much better this year.I look for an exciting season

Why offensive efficiency should continue to rise in 2023-24​

Breaking down league-wide improvements on offense, and why there's a good chance efficiency will continue to rise this season.

Bucks at Lakers tonight. My hope is that both teams play their starters and let's see a real game. I want to see the chemistry between Dame and Giannis. Dame looks 2 feet shorter than Giannis in a recent photo.

Dame looks 2 feet shorter than Giannis in a recent photo.
Just checked: Dame is even a tiny little bit smaller than me o_O
So Dame is 1 foot shorter than Giannis (who is even over 2,2m :eek: )

Lakers started string XVX built an early 8 point lead and then pulled sre their starters. Bucks seem to have a much stronger bench than Lakers and in the end Lakers fall again 108-97

LeBron remains a no show as he sits the bench in civies

LeBron remains a no show as he sits the bench in civies
Maybe he is preparing for his 27th financial mainstay as a fashion designer for ultimately embarassing fashion for NBA Stars :D

Quite a few of those show their really bad taste in fashion on a regular basis, so there must be some obscene amounts of money to be made :oops::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Maybe he is preparing for his 27th financial mainstay as a fashion designer for ultimately embarassing fashion for NBA Stars :D

Quite a few of those show their really bad taste in fashion on a regular basis, so there must be some obscene amounts of money to be made :oops::rolleyes:
He was wearing a purple hoodie. All engraved on the sleeves.

good read on why Butler won't be leading the Heat to the playoffs this year....

Why Jimmy Butler is the NBA star in need of the most help
Jimmy Butler enters another season without a dominant co-star after Miami failed to acquire Damian Lillard this offseason.

21st season and load management. LeBron has sat all preseason as he dresses to the 9's on the bench.To me this is not only LeBron's one last chance for another ring but more so the ascent of AD in taking control of the team. There should be a transfer of power this year as the team is poised for AD to take over....

LeBron's 21st season: What to expect from King James and the Lakers in 2023-24

I think Lillard's presence will add a lot to the Buck's team. As always he remains a modest young man

Reactions: jadis and christoph
Unlike Zion, this kid seems to be the real deal. Im happy for him and Pop and SA and their history of great centers

BELIEVE THE HYPE

although the preseason games are meaningless and merely a way for coaches to determine starting players etc but the Celts to me have proved they are the team to beat.(I said that last year but this team is even better). Lillard looks good with the Bucks but he is suddenly not the team leader and you can see that he is adapting to his new role

although the preseason games are meaningless and merely a way for coaches to determine starting players etc but the Celts to me have proved they are the team to beat.(I said that last year but this team is even better). Lillard looks good with the Bucks but he is suddenly not the team leader and you can see that he is adapting to his new role
I noticed too, Giannis is taking charge. It's like saying he doesn't need 'help' in a way.

Reactions: steve williams
I noticed too, Giannis is taking charge. It's like saying he doesn't need 'help' in a way.
It’s his team not Dame’s. Lillard will be a silent force. He shows up every game to play his best Never complains

Reading the LA news here, you would think that George and Kawhi single handedly beat the Nuggets who had half the team sitting out due to illness or injury. PG did score 23 points which was good to see but Kawhi playing only 17 minutes. manaaged to garner 6 points. If Leonard doesn't show up this year II believe he and his uncle will move on at the end of the season

IMO Ja Morant is one of the best young talents in the league but, wow, has he ever fallen from grace due to last season's antics...This is a terrific analysis. I wish him well and that he regains his former self because when he is on his game he is one of the best IMO . I have seen him attempt slam dunks and his hand reaches the top of the glass

'Then the alligators got him': Inside Ja Morant's 18-month downfall

• Wow
IMO Ja Morant is one of the best young talents in the league but, wow, has he ever fallen from grace due to last season's antics...This is a terrific analysis. I wish him well and that he regains his former self because when he is on his game he is one of the best IMO . I have seen him attempt slam dunks and his hand reaches the top of the glass

'Then the alligators got him': Inside Ja Morant's 18-month downfall

Hope he recovers. But realistically, I've seen many head cases who didn't recover. He's a very exciting player to watch,much like Zion, I like watching him play.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu