New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

well I just learned that the winners of the In Season win the NBA Cup and $500,000 each. So there is some motivation....

The NBA announced on Aug. 15 its schedule for the group stage for the inaugural in-season tournament, which will see the winning team earn the NBA Cup and its players $500,000 each.

• Wow
Reactions: christoph and jadis
The Celts IMO continue to be the powerhouse of the league and are the only undefeated team as they start the tournament today against the NetsThe Celts blowout of the Pacers (sorry Jack) was an epic game which showed the Celts have but one goal this year and I believe they can win it all
The hungry Boston fans want to raise a banner, for the last 6 years since Brown and Tatum arrived. I hope they won't be another Buffalo Bills who went to the Super Bowl 3 straight years and never won.

• Wow
Reactions: steve williams
I know, Steve. And the are now 2 sets of Standings.
yes, now we wee two sets of standings plus the In Season tournament also counts towards season standings. For me the silliest thing remains the 30 different colors of the courts . I totally agree that it is difficult to see the ball

Reactions: jadis
Sooner or later Silver is going to have this IN trophy named after some player. And I won't blame that player if he refused Silver to have it named after him. :D

• Haha
This IN tournament is like the NBA doing a FIBA style tournament. Small groups, then knockout till the title is won. Difference is, there won't be any flag waving at the trophy ceremony. :D

When all is said and done, a teams legacy and a player's greatness comes not from the In Season tournament but rather from the number of Larry O'Brien trophies and rings won. That has always been the nature of this game. I can't cozy up to this tournament but I must admit the way the Play In tournament last year affected the overall picture of the playoffs was actually very exciting for me to watch

So what is going on with Phoenix. Is it lack of Beale or is it the lack of a point guard. With KD and Booker playing the Suns fall to the Sixers 112-100 and are 2-4 on the season. Is anyone looking at Vogel yet It’s always the coaches fault. o_O

Lakers at Orlando today. I have to say that the Magic is a changed team this year. They are young, fast and can shoot the lights out from anywhere on the court. Lakers are playing well but Orlando has been burying 3’s and killing the Lakers. Orlando will be a force this year in the EC

End of 1st quarter
Magic 39 Lakers 25

at the half.....Lakers are completely outclassed and outplayed. The Magic is a very tall team and the Lakers are getting killed by the Magic who seem to be getting every rebound and they continue to drop 3's from everywhere.And as always Austin Reaves continues to keep the Lakers in it by also dropping threes from every where. He remains my favorite Laker player

I was very impressed by Banchero on the Magic who scores from everywhere at will. He's a great prospect with a brilliant future

Magic 68 Lakers 51

All I can say is wow.The Magic are for real Last time the Magic had a team like this, a guy named Shaquille played for them. They play well on both sides of the court. They are big, fast and accurate.

Lakers look dizzy from being out played and outscored

So what is going on with Phoenix. Is it lack of Beale or is it the lack of a point guard. With KD and Booker playing the Suns fall to the Sixers 112-100 and are 2-4 on the season. Is anyone looking at Vogel yet It’s always the coaches fault. o_O
Suns lost again , this time to the Sixers. Booker out, KD all alone to lead but so far it's not happening.

Well LeBron. may be the face of the NBA but no doubt he has cost the Lakers a lot of draft choices for him to chase another ring as well as cement his legacy.Well having watched this game, I was somewhat gobsmacked as I expected a close game but not a blowout where the Lakers were down 22 points in the third. The Magic shows me the value of draft choices as these kids had no fear and loved beating up on the Lakers. Paolo Banchero was the key for the Magic, but the entire team was superb and the Lakers got to within 6 but the Magic turned on the magic and truly humbled the Lakers in the 4th. All Lakers scoring came from LeBron, AD and Reaves

The Magic is a team of the present, whereas the Lakers are now over the hill and on a downward roll although they play good basketball. It's just that these young players are so good that fear and intimidation are not words in their vocabulary as the better the Lakers got the Magic took the fight to them

Final Magic 120. Lakers 101

Reactions: christoph and jadis
at the half.....Lakers are completely outclassed and outplayed. The Magic is a very tall team and the Lakers are getting killed by the Magic who seem to be getting every rebound and they continue to drop 3's from everywhere.And as always Austin Reaves continues to keep the Lakers in it by also dropping threes from every where. He remains my favorite Laker player

I was very impressed by Banchero on the Magic who scores from everywhere at will. He's a great prospect with a brilliant future

Magic 68 Lakers 51

All I can say is wow.The Magic are for real Last time the Magic had a team like this, a guy named Shaquille played for them. They play well on both sides of the court. They are big, fast and accurate.

Lakers look dizzy from being out played and outscored
Magic's rebuilding is just about complete. They've got a strong frontline with the Wagner Brothers and Banchero, no.1 overall pick and Rookie of the Year. And that guy coming of the bench, Cole Anthony, is a good shooter. They've found their stride finally. And former no.1 pick Markelle Fultz and Gary Harris did not even play due to injuries.

Reactions: christoph
Magic's rebuilding is just about complete. They've got a strong frontline with the Wagner Brothers and Banchero, no.1 overall pick and Rookie of the Year. And that guy coming of the bench, Cole Anthony, is a good shooter. They've found their stride finally. And former no.1 pick Markelle Fultz and Gary Harris did not even play due to injuries.
Precisely my point. The entire team are high draft picks and score at will. Their defense is terrific and they killed the Lakers under the glass at both ends. They also seem to be very well coached.

I said last year that parity has reached the league. I'll say the same this year but add that the younger teams are outplaying the old school

Celtics stay unbeaten, White absent for personal reasons but the bench came through. They are calling the Celtics the team with a starting 6.

I guess there will be a vote as to whom the worst family sports commentators are.....the Manning brothers on ESPN football or the Rivers family on NBA. The Mannings get an F- from me. Doc so far has laid an egg and I can only wonder what father and son will contribute

Her's some great news for Phil re Tatum.....the Celtics are truly playing as if they have only one goal at the end of the season and that's to win it all. So far I believe more so this year than last year that this is the Celtics year

TATUM REACHES MILESTONE AS CELTICS IMPROVE TO 5-0

Jayson Tatum becomes the youngest player in Celtics history score 10,000 career points as Boston remains unbeaten.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu