New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

EL SEGUNDO – Lakers forward Pau Gasol underwent a successful FAST Technique procedure on both knees this morning, it was announced by the team.

During the procedure, which was performed by Dr. Steve Yoon of the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Group, a probe was inserted into Gasol’s knees, which directed ultrasound wavelengths to debride degenerated tissue of Gasol’s patellar tendons non-surgically. Gasol will also receive autologous stem cell injections, which will stimulate regeneration of his tissue. The injections will be administered next week at Kerlan-Jobe by Dr. Yoon.

Gasol is expected to make a full recovery and will return to basketball activities in approximately 12 weeks.

I might be wrong but suspect that's no ordinary US but "super ultrasound" like they use to break up kidney stones.

did you see the basket Parker made driving to the basket, gets fouled and as he is falling backwards onto his butt, throws the ball up off balance and makes the basket

yup. he is still one of the top pg's imo. at 31, one of the more 'senior' pg's but he can still school the younger pg's around.

with Westbrook out and KD carrying the team on his shoulders, do you think management is thinking twice about letting Harden go

i thnk so.letting harden go has got to weigh in right now for okc. down 1-2, not a position they would like to be. but all was said that okc is a small market and they couldn't afford to pay their big 3 max salaries so it boiled down to a reality game. losing westbrook was tough.

and looks like the spurs' oldies but goodies are putting the warriors on the ropes, up 7 early 4th.

Heck of a game. Gotta love the Warriors. Win or lose.Young and exciting team. Give them a few more years and the team will be rock solid and what a coach. Down 12 at one point and fight back to tie and with 16 secs left they couldn't beat those pesky Spurs

OT

yeah. watching the ot now live, early morning here. the defense of the spurs is really tight. they've marked curry and klay for the game but good thing jack is in a good flow. warriors are young and learning. it will be a good thing for the for the next few years to have learned from this series.

well Phil

as they say, "it's only over when the fat lady sings" :)

Warriors come back in OT to take the win 97-87

This is a darn good series and I continue to think Curry has the best shot in the game today.

Back to San Antonio

This series should be 3-1 GSW. If Warriors can continue to play "their"game I think they have a chance to steal this series

well Phil

as they say, "it's only over when the fat lady sings" :)

Warriors come back in OT to take the win 97-87

This is a darn good series and I continue to think Curry has the best shot in the game today.

Back to San Antonio

This series should be 3-1 GSW. If Warriors can continue to play "their"game I think they have a chance to steal this series

that's true, steve. :) for a while there i thought the spurs were gonna take it in regulation but the last few minutes and during ot, duncan lost his touch completely. reminds me of a tired garnett down the stretch. i'm happy the warriors evened the series to make it more interesting. and curry despite the hurting ankle, managed to score 22. what a guy.

i thnk so.letting harden go has got to weigh in right now for okc. down 1-2, not a position they would like to be. but all was said that okc is a small market and they couldn't afford to pay their big 3 max salaries so it boiled down to a reality game. losing westbrook was tough.

Guys, you need to remember that Harden was signed thru this yr. Didnt need to be traded yet and the window for a championship is always very small thanks to injuries among many other things.

Guys, you need to remember that Harden was signed thru this yr. Didnt need to be traded yet and the window for a championship is always very small thanks to injuries among many other things.

That's true, Bob. Though of late some GMs have pushed the panic button too quickly in response to the last year of contract and corresponding free agency of key players. I recall the case of Kendrick Perkins who was signed for the year too but refused an extension so Ainge traded him out to OKC. In the case of Harden, I was reading that OKC cannot even afford anywhere near a max extension package for Harden since they had big contracts already pinned on KD and RW. I'm thinking that if Presti let Harden finish this season, then he would get nothing for Harden becomes a free agent and he didn't have the budget to keep Harden anyway, hence the trade. It's a tough decision. title chance with Harden now, or nothing in return for their future, which in this case, they got Kevin Martin.

That's true, Bob. Though of late some GMs have pushed the panic button too quickly in response to the last year of contract and corresponding free agency of key players. I recall the case of Kendrick Perkins who was signed for the year too but refused an extension so Ainge traded him out to OKC. In the case of Harden, I was reading that OKC cannot even afford anywhere near a max extension package for Harden since they had big contracts already pinned on KD and RW. I'm thinking that if Presti let Harden finish this season, then he would get nothing for Harden becomes a free agent and he didn't have the budget to keep Harden anyway, hence the trade. It's a tough decision. title chance with Harden now, or nothing in return for their future, which in this case, they got Kevin Martin.

I know it's easy and often lame to second guess, but I'll bet Presti regrets it too even becore the injury to Westbrook. Worst case scenario, you're trading a shot at the championship for Kevin Martin. Better case is you sign and trade Harden for at least something -- a future first rounder or whatever even though the trade is lopsided talent-wise. It's the wisdom of knowing when not to look ahead.

I know it's easy and often lame to second guess, but I'll bet Presti regrets it too even becore the injury to Westbrook. Worst case scenario, you're trading a shot at the championship for Kevin Martin. Better case is you sign and trade Harden for at least something -- a future first rounder or whatever even though the trade is lopsided talent-wise. It's the wisdom of knowing when not to look ahead.

Agreed totally.

While thinking that the reason of trading Perkins and Harden away on their final year of contracts was the fear of getting nothing in return after they turned free agents, I was surprised to find out the Cleveland did not exactly get nothing when Lebron became an unrestricted free agent and declared he would take his talents to South Beach. Cleveland did a sign and trade after Lebron made his Decision and got 2 first round draft picks from Miami starting 2014 plus some other 2nd choices and trade exceptions. In that case, why was Presti in a rush to deal Harden before this season, I now wonder.

Looks like there will be a changing of the guard in the West. Memphis looks solid at the first 5 level, but if they get to the Finals against the Heat, their shallow bench will be evident.

Pacers, Heat, Spurs and Grizzlies are all 1 win away from the final 4. And that looks like a good final 4 to me. :)

I think I'll dig up that old Gene Hackman movie, Hoosiers, tonight. :D Fingers still crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu