New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Spurs back to where they were last year with OKC, up 2-0 over the Grizz. I'm sure they're aware of a deja vu, and they're not playing anywhere near the spectacular level in these 2 games, just vintage Spurs game, and they almost lost tonight. Memphis can make it interesting back home. Tomorrow Heat opens with the Pacers. Fingers crossed.

Spurs back to where they were last year with OKC, up 2-0 over the Grizz. I'm sure they're aware of a deja vu, and they're not playing anywhere near the spectacular level in these 2 games, just vintage Spurs game, and they almost lost tonight. Memphis can make it interesting back home. Tomorrow Heat opens with the Pacers. Fingers crossed.

Hi

Do you think the Spurs will make the same mistakes twice? I doubt it. I don't see the Pacers as a viable contender for the Heat barring injuries to LBJ. We'll see. By the way seems like the Heat have lost only one game in these playoffs ... The Heat are 44-4 in their last 48 games .. if that is not an indication of utter dominance over the NBA , i don't know what is . I hate the Heat but will make sure I put my spite away and watch one of the greatest player to ever play that game and one of the best team ever. I still will hate them but ... I love Basketball more.

Hi

By the way when will people give Eric Spoelstra the credit and kudos he deserves? There you have a young guy with a team that is one of the league best in almost all categories, yet the coach is dismissed as spear-handler for his warriors??? The man is a brilliant mind coach a simple look at the Heat defensive schemes will tell you that ... One of the best coach in the league...

Hi

Do you think the Spurs will make the same mistakes twice? I doubt it. I don't see the Pacers as a viable contender for the Heat barring injuries to LBJ. We'll see. By the way seems like the Heat have lost only one game in these playoffs ... The Heat are 44-4 in their last 48 games .. if that is not an indication of utter dominance over the NBA , i don't know what is . I hate the Heat but will make sure I put my spite away and watch one of the greatest player to ever play that game and one of the best team ever. I still will hate them but ... I love Basketball more.

hi frantz,

i doubt that spurs willhave a deja vu too this time. tony parker spoke about that after the game and said he is more inspired now to play better and not make last year's exit happen again. what i can see is that the spurs have more able players in the bench that the grizzlies. when the main scorers of the grizz go cold, who do they turn to?

as the ball is round, the pacers still have a slim chance to pull an upset. okc was heavily favored over the heat last time but their offense was shut down cold. if vogel can find a way to keep the heat from running their fluid offense then they can pull a big upset. odds are not big though that the pacers could do that for many games. riley seems to have a magic wand, pulling out so many rabbits these last 3 years. mike miller, battier, ray allen, and now birdman who is doing his role very well. shades of chicago when forgotten stars like cliff levingston, stacey king, and bill wennington helped so much. the heat had built a strong armor to surround james, that's their story.

Hi

By the way when will people give Eric Spoelstra the credit and kudos he deserves? There you have a young guy with a team that is one of the league best in almost all categories, yet the coach is dismissed as spear-handler for his warriors??? The man is a brilliant mind coach a simple look at the Heat defensive schemes will tell you that ... One of the best coach in the league...

he can be called one of the best coaches because he won a title, fortunately for him. but forget not that rumors were abound that he was on the canning list 2 years ago when his team did so so in the regular season and lost to dallas that same year. a title always does the trick. look at doug collins and his career when he was coach of jordan and the bulls didn't win a title so they fired him and upgraded his assistant phil jackson who guided the bulls to a title in his first year, if i recall right. phil thereafter became a coaching icon. i for one, still think the system was honed by pat riley before he stepped down and passed the baton to spo. no doubt spo did a great job in winning the title and guiding them to a remarkable season this year but i think people will always see the mind of pat riley in miami's success, that's why he seemingly does not get the credit he deserves., imo.

VDN is out as Coach....

Clippers decline to offer Del Negro new deal

Clippers decline to offer Del Negro new deal

Posted May 21, 2013 5:03 PM - Updated May 21, 2013 7:52 PM
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Vinny Del Negro is out as coach of the Los Angeles Clippers after a season in which the team won its first division title but lost in the first round of the playoffs.

The team said Tuesday he won't be offered a contract when his current one expires at the end of June. He is just the second coach to leave the team with a winning record, following Larry Brown in 1993.

"This was a difficult decision, but we feel this is the best decision for our franchise moving forward," said Gary Sacks, vice president of basketball operations.
Del Negro had a 128-102 regular-season record in three years with the team. The Clippers made the playoffs the last two seasons, including last year when they advanced to the second round for only the second time since the franchise moved to Los Angeles in 1984.
This season, the team won a franchise-record 56 games, including a 17-game winning streak. And with All-Stars Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, the Clippers were one of the NBA's most exciting attractions, with acrobatic dunks and dazzling playmaking. But the postseason was quick and disappointing - an exit in six games to Memphis despite a 2-0 lead.
"We would like to thank Vinny for everything he did during his three years with the organization," Sacks said. "Vinny helped this team win a Pacific Division title and we greatly appreciate all that he and his staff helped us accomplish."
The search for a new coach will begin immediately.
Del Negro had the highest winning percentage (.557) for a coach in the club's beleaguered history. He is the only coach to have consecutive winning seasons since the Buffalo Braves moved to California and became the Clippers in 1978. The Clippers had just six winning seasons in their first 41 years. Now they've put together consecutive winning records and playoff appearances for the first time in 20 years.
"We've set every franchise record," Del Negro said two weeks ago. "So I'm proud of a lot of things we did."
Much of the credit for the dramatic turnaround went to Paul and Griffin. Del Negro was criticized at times this season for his rotations, and there was speculation about whether he would return.
Paul and Griffin have been supportive of their coach, and two weeks ago Sacks acknowledged that the players' opinions would be part of the decision on Del Negro.
"I think Vinny did a great job of managing the egos and taking this team to a new level," veteran Matt Barnes said after his exit interview at the end of the season.
Del Negro had said he enjoyed working with Paul and Griffin.
"They're the nucleus of the team, obviously, that you want to keep intact and move forward with," he said.
Sacks made it clear that the team's top priority is to re-sign Paul, who becomes an unrestricted free agent July 1. He could receive a five-year, $108 million deal.
Del Negro came to the Clippers from the Chicago Bulls, where the 46-year-old coach went 82-82 in two seasons including back-to-back playoff appearances before being fired.
Before that, Del Negro had front-office roles with Phoenix from 2006-08. He previously worked as a broadcaster for the Suns and San Antonio. He played in the NBA for 12 years.

DWIGHT, D’ANTONI AND THE LAKERS’ BIG RIFT?

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – For months it appeared the Los Angeles Lakers’ free-agent summer plans would hinge on the relationship between two men, Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant.
The Lakers’ two biggest stars had to find common ground if this multi-million dollar experiment is going to bear fruit in the future. They had to be on the same accord going into the summer for Howard to ignore the other options he has as an unrestricted free agent and stick with the Lakers after a tumultuous first season in Hollywood.
Not everyone is convinced that the Howard-Bryant dynamic is the linchpin to the Lakers’ plans, though. Another man, Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni, could very well be the central figure on the Lakers’ side. Perhaps it’s his relationship with Howard, and not Bryant, that holds the key to the future between the All-Star big man and the franchise known for Hall of Fame big men.
As folks in Orlando can attest, this could be the start of Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak‘s very own Dwightmare!
While Howard hasn’t so much as spoken a word publicly about his future, there are rumblings in Los Angeles that he plans on entertaining free-agent pitches from the Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks, as well as the Atlanta Hawks and Cleveland Cavaliers, instead of simply agreeing to the $118 million offer the Lakers have planned for him on July 1 when free agency opens.
Howard’s rationale for listening, however complex, apparently has as much to do with his murky relationship with D’Antoni than any of the other factors, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com:
According to sources with knowledge of the situation, part of the discussion between Howard and Kupchak centered around Howard’s frustration with D’Antoni — particularly how the center felt marginalized as the coach looked to Bryant and Steve Nash for leadership and suggestions and discounted Howard’s voice.
Every player was afforded the opportunity to meet with Kupchak individually after D’Antoni left the room, but few spent as much time as Howard and Kupchak did together. Antawn Jamison also had a separate meeting with Kupchak without D’Antoni present, but that was because of a scheduling conflict.
Kupchak left the meeting with Howard undeterred, telling reporters he was “hopeful” and “optimistic” that Howard would be back with the Lakers next season and beyond, yet there have been several developments in the last couple weeks that could have an effect on Howard’s decision.
D’Antoni chose not to retain assistant coach Chuck Person, a Howard confidant, on his staff for next season. Also, Lakers assistant coach Steve Clifford, who was with Howard in Orlando for five seasons before both of them came to L.A. last year, has become a hot head coaching candidate, interviewing with Milwaukee and receiving interest from Charlotte.
One source described the potential departure of Clifford, coupled with the loss of Person as “removing the buffers,” between Howard and D’Antoni, “which is a bad thing.”
Howard’s relationship with Bryant seemed much healthier at the end of the Lakers’ season than it did at any other time throughout the season. He visited Bryant at the hospital after he’d had Achilles surgery and Bryant spoke glowingly of Howard during his exit interview.
Bryant is going to do his best to mend fences and rebuild bridges this summer for the Lakers in what is truly a colossal summer for the franchise. The NBA’s social media king took to Twitter to spread that message to the masses:

Hi

I think the heat just have too many offensive weapons that need to be shut down. While I am not optimistic that my Pacers will win the eastern conference title, I'll be satisfied with them making Miami work HARD for it and hopefully wear them down enough for SA to get a better chance.

I'd like to see Tim Duncan get one more ring. He has always been one of my favorite players.

As expected, very physical play in this Eastern Finals. Close game, and Pacers need to hang tough. The calls are going to be tough to handle too, close touches results in whistles. I hate to be a coach in this situation.

What a shot by Paul George to send it to OT!

WHOOOOOOOOOO! Going OT! What a great game!

Amazing game. One would wonder why Hibbert was not on the floor for those defensive stops, twice, not once. Hmmm. Wow. Pacers could have won this one.

LBJ deserves his moniker. 2.2 seconds from beyond the arc to the rim with a few fractions of a second to spare as a fitting cap to yet another playoff triple double.

The Pacers showed some balls of steel for such young 'uns. I hope this team won't be broken up. After this game the world and not just basketball aficionados know that they are for real.

LBJ deserves his moniker. 2.2 seconds from beyond the arc to the rim with a few fractions of a second to spare as a fitting cap to yet another playoff triple double.

The Pacers showed some balls of steel for such young 'uns. I hope this team won't be broken up. After this game the world and not just basketball aficionados know that they are for real.

james could have broken osain bolt's record on a meter/second run. :)

pacers played really cool when they were down by 5 ready to be blown away but they kept coming back. they're young and energetic. and i hope they will use man mountain roy hibbert to the hilt the next times. hibbert is their big weapon, literally.

Last edited:
And all GMs and executives didn't see it fit to grab Birdman Andersen in the last month of the regular season except for Pat Riley. 16 points tonight and 5 key rebounds. I knew him only from his Nuggets days but didn't know the guy is already 35, a year younger than Paul Pierce, was in the D-League early in his career, banned for 2 years for drug use, came back to the NBA via the Hornets, Nuggets and Miami, and now is primed to win a championship ring as a key role player. Hats off to Pat Riley.

Reminds me so much of Rodman. Maybe he'll be an unofficial ambassador to NoKor too someday. LOL.

Reminds me so much of Rodman. Maybe he'll be an unofficial ambassador to NoKor too someday. LOL.

yeah, and the great leader's grandson and present great leader kim jong un, who already has a white side wall cut, can easily grow a mohawk in the middle. not sure if he'll do those tattoos from the neck down too. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu