New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I think I'll dig up that old Gene Hackman movie, Hoosiers, tonight. :D Fingers still crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the end of tonight's game where the Pacers beat NY at home, the crowd began chanting REGGIE...REGGIE...REGGIE... My son asked me why is that, I was a bit lost myself but told him, it was probably a call to Reggie Miller, their version of our Larry Bird. :D

Saw the 4th Q of the game where Reggie got two 3sin the final secs to tie (and alter beat) the Knicks in the kitchen of DeNiro's Tribeca Grill with my nephew -- staff let us watch as we were diners there but obviously ball fans -- a memorable day for us both.

I think GS has the best shot of the teams down know and would rather see them play the Grizz from an entertainment value standpoint.

Saw the 4th Q of the game where Reggie got two 3sin the final secs to tie (and alter beat) the Knicks in the kitchen of DeNiro's Tribeca Grill with my nephew -- staff let us watch as we were diners there but obviously ball fans -- a memorable day for us both.

I think GS has the best shot of the teams down know and would rather see them play the Grizz from an entertainment value standpoint.

That should be the memorable 8 points in 18 seconds against the Knicks of Pat Riley. How do you lose a playoff game being up 6 with 18 seconds left? This is one for the books.

Warriors need the big bats of Curry and Klay to win games. Klay had only 4 points tonight after scoring 19 and 34 in games 1 and 2. Credit Spurs defense for stifling the 2 scoring machines of the Warriors. Coach Pop is one heck of an adjustment coach. This may boil down to homecourt advantage now, and Spurs got the last game in their house.

You've got to figure Curry is good for at least one more 30+ night.

OK lose and Grizz now face winner of Spurs-Warriors.

I agree with Bob that if anyone from the west can match up with the Heat, it's the Grizz

Agreed too. They've got a very good big that could give the Heat at workout in the paint in Marc Gasol. A very good defensive guy in Tony Allen (ex-Celtic and ring holder) :D, great point guard in Conley, and ZBo who could give any forward a problem. They could be like the Dallas team of a few years ago. And imagine if they kept OJ Mayo and a healthy Rudy Gay.

Bear in mind that the Grizz almost swept this series. I guess all of us are looking for The Great White Hope to dethrone the Heat. (wishful thinking)

We don't have to look very far when there was a Great White Hope that beat the Heat - the Mavericks of 2011. Being down 1-2 at one point and on the verge of going 1-3 in Game 4 when they trailed by something like 18 only to mount an incredible run to win the game and tie the series at 2-2. There was heart in this team. And hearing Zbo say that the job isn't done yet and he wanted a ring, that's a good sign of heart and hunger. The team that will upset the Heat will have to have a strong hunger to win a title, assuming nobody else fall into the injured list.

Last edited:
The Heat went further than anybody thought ... And that was before Lebron 2.0. He's playing at a superlative level that has been rarely seen surrounded by two stars and a serious complement of good players and with a strong desire to win that will be difficult ...we'll see

fantastic clutch shooting by the spurs down the stretch, hitting many 3s at that to oust the warriors,who put up a great game but their shots were not going in. only the knicks/pacers remain for the final 4. spurs/memphis is going to be a great series.

Jack, you're Hoosiers movie paid off. :D Pacers are going to Miami, and then, like the Jackson 5 song, I'm going back to Indiana, Indiana here I come....:D Pacers showed they are a better team, better coached, better defensively, and better under pressure. The Knicks have all the material pieces one needs for a very good team but somehow, they couldn't pull off a series win. They played catch up most of the time in the series. Good luck to the Pacers in the Heat series, they will have to grind it out win but I believe it's still possible.

Guess I'll root for the Pacers in the East and San Antonio in the West.

Not Miami and not Memphis - don't like those "M" teams.

Small market finals.

Guess I'll root for the Pacers in the East and San Antonio in the West.

Not Miami and not Memphis - don't like those "M" teams.

Small market finals.

well as Frantz said at the beginning of the season, it's Miami's year once again. As I see it Memphis would match up best with the Heat but would still fall in 5-6 games

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....-michael-jordan-comparison-from-phil-jackson/

Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson

Brett Pollakoff

May 17, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
79 Comments
Kobe Bryant Michael Jordan

Phil Jackson has a new book coming out, so he will be spending plenty of time talking it up at various media outlets in the coming weeks. The tour has begun in earnest, and the juiciest quotes from the book are beginning to be released.

If there’s one subject Jackson can speak on with absolute authority, it’s the comparison between Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant — two of the game’s all-time greats that were catalysts for the Hall of Fame coach in winning all five of his Eleven Rings.

Bryant has come up on the short end of some of Jackson’s conclusions, primarily in the areas of defense, social interactions with teammates, and the way he approaches the game in general — the latter of which is explained in the following excerpt from the book, via Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times.

“Jordan was also more naturally inclined to let the game come to him and not overplay his hand, whereas Kobe tends to force the action, especially when the game isn’t going his way. When his shot is off, Kobe will pound away relentlessly until his luck turns. Michael, on the other hand, would shift his attention to defense or passing or setting screens to help the team win the game.”

None of it was damning criticism by any means, especially considering how Jordan is considered by many to be not just one of, but the greatest basketball player of all time. Bryant, however, isn’t one to idly stand by while his body of work is being evaluated in even a remotely negative fashion, and has undoubtedly been hearing about Jackson’s comments consistently since they’ve been unleashed.

On Friday, he posted a response.

Kobe Bryant ? @kobebryant

The comparisons are #apples2oranges Wonder what the perception would be if M played wit @shaq instead #differentroles #differentcareerpaths
4:01 AM - 18 May 2013

It’s an interesting hypothetical, and people have definitely downgraded the greatness of Scottie Pippen over time, while conveniently failing to bring up his importance in all of those Bulls championships whenever the Kobe versus MJ conversations take place.

But more than the importance of teammates in Bryant’s role reversal scenario is the fact that Jordan has reached almost mythical status since his playing days have ended. The reality is that no one will ever live up to Jordan’s legend; Bryant has just been the one who’s come the closest.

Spurs win Game 1 easily. Memphis starters a bit off, most of all Zbo. Spurs are 12 deep, if we include T-Mac. :D That is their advantage now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu