New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Is it really necessary to cram 66 games in the shortened season? Won't this just result in more player injuries?

Is it really necessary to cram 66 games in the shortened season? Won't this just result in more player injuries?

Precisely. That is why I suggested last week to JackD201 that a shortened season hinders rather than helps seasoned veterans

i think the last game of the regular season has to end at a certain date, and the first game of the playoffs should start on a certain date which is why we almost always have to watch the finals around first or second week of june. otherwise, if they spread out the 66 game season too add a month or two, then the finals might start at july or august. now i'm not sure that if by that time the arenas have some other pending sports or concert schedules which might conflict with the nba games. during the '99 lockout shortened 50 game season, the spurs and the knicks played their last finals game on june 25.

Lakers play again tonight vs the Jazz. I don't think that I can remember any NBA schedule with 3 games in 3 nights

If I'm not mistaken, I read something like this shortened season will see each team playing 3 games straight at least once. And that to me, should be the case if only to make it fair to all teams, and not only a few teams that will play 3 games straight. Particularly grueling will be in case LAL has to play a home game, then a eastern road game and then a western road game. The 5 hour coast to coast flight is tiring enough, not to mention the 3 hours time change. I mean what about your dinner time and sleep time adjustment?

The old guard and the new guard (who are about to be old as well).:D

Wilt blocking Howard and tapping him, like saying, I'm the REAL big guy here. :)

How bout Magic dishing no-look pass to Kobe? Showtime forever.

Miami very solid, fast, and strong on the D. Boston lost bigtime in the off- season by not getting David West. No Perk, no Green, and now no Pierce. Manpower is just short compared to Heat or Knicks. Bad thing is that they can't play that bad to land in the lottery so they expect any young franchise player in the near future. Their bench is one of the worst I've seen in years.

Miami very solid, fast, and strong on the D. Boston lost bigtime in the off- season by not getting David West. No Perk, no Green, and now no Pierce. Manpower is just short compared to Heat or Knicks. Bad thing is that they can't play that bad to land in the lottery so they expect any young franchise player in the near future. Their bench is one of the worst I've seen in years.

Celtics = old.

Phil

I saw that commercial last week and thought it was incredibly well edited and well done

Well done indeed, Steve. It's like fantasy basketball...

Celtics = old.

And Garnett's play has slid. There were talks on a Celtic blog wanting him to retire. I was surprised then, but not today. JO is not just old, he can't even score a few points.

What's JO's pump fake to shot ratio these days Phil? :D

What's JO's pump fake to shot ratio these days Phil? :D

These days, Jack? How bout last 2 weeks, maybe 5 pump fakes to 1 shot attempt.:D And today he took one shot, made nothing, had 1 rebound, no block shots and 4 fouls in 22 minutes. He had more fouls that all stats combined.:D

Boston has a knack ( I hope it's not a tradition) of getting old centers past their primes. Artis Gilmore, Michael Olowokandi, Shaq, and JO. Hope that one day they will get lucky in landing a young and good center.

Boston's got about 10 knees among it's first 7 players. The density of this season, without the typical r+r time I mentioned before of a normal season, will be especially tough on older teams.

Hi

The (I hate them) Heat look superb .. I haven't (yet) seen any team aside from the Knicks and Bulls to stand in their way. I will not count on the Clippers or Oklahoma to push them hard...Likely the NBA crown will go East this year... Unless the Lakers pull a Howard trade then all bets are off ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu