New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Hi

The (I hate them) Heat look superb .. I haven't (yet) seen any team aside from the Knicks and Bulls to stand in their way. I will not count on the Clippers or Oklahoma to push them hard...Likely the NBA crown will go East this year... Unless the Lakers pull a Howard trade then all bets are off ...

Hate the Heat as you do Frantz, and the image of them doing a victory dance nauseates. Unfortunately see their prospects exactly as you do.

These days, Jack? How bout last 2 weeks, maybe 5 pump fakes to 1 shot attempt.:D And today he took one shot, made nothing, had 1 rebound, no block shots and 4 fouls in 22 minutes. He had more fouls that all stats combined.:D

Boston has a knack ( I hope it's not a tradition) of getting old centers past their primes. Artis Gilmore, Michael Olowokandi, Shaq, and JO. Hope that one day they will get lucky in landing a young and good center.

When was Olowokandi's prime???? ;)

The Heat basically has an intact lineup as last season, and they have added a rookie PG Norris Cole who dropped in 20 points against the C's the other night. That may be their main man at the point after letting Bibby go. Their chemistry is excellent, they are hungry and their coach would have gained experience from the last finals loss. I'd like to see NYK as their stumbling block in the east, big front line gives the Heat problems just like Dallas did last season. Against the Bulls, the Heat can repeat last season's performance by having James stay on Rose, unless Boozer comes up big, and still, the Bulls have another problem in Wade.

Saw parts of the Heat - Bobcats games. The Bobcats showed their inexperience handling a lead which they had most part of the game. Bad choice of shots down the line. Yeah, grrrrrhhh for the Heat win.

Surprised the Knicks lost by quite a big margin. Horrible shooting by Amare and Melo. Amare seems to like to take longer low percentage shots when his moves should be more of the inside post up or pick and roll plays. I guess the Knicks live and die with Melo in a game. NY's bench isn't that deep either.

And the C's go 0-3 since Garnett's arrival. Beaten up by a NO team that doesn't have CP3 and West. Well, this year, they might head to the lottery.

OKC vs Dallas and LAL vs Knicks today.

Saw parts of the Heat - Bobcats games. The Bobcats showed their inexperience handling a lead which they had most part of the game. Bad choice of shots down the line. Yeah, grrrrrhhh for the Heat win.

Surprised the Knicks lost by quite a big margin. Horrible shooting by Amare and Melo. Amare seems to like to take longer low percentage shots when his moves should be more of the inside post up or pick and roll plays. I guess the Knicks live and die with Melo in a game. NY's bench isn't that deep either.

And the C's go 0-3 since Garnett's arrival. Beaten up by a NO team that doesn't have CP3 and West. Well, this year, they might head to the lottery.

OKC vs Dallas and LAL vs Knicks today.

I think given that basically none of the players are in game shape, that their performances will vary wildly from game to game.

Westbrook can be the take charge guy in OKC too. What a guy. Nailing confidently those clutch jumpers. Odom does not seem to fit in the Dallas offense so far. He loves to dribble and in one play Kidd seems to be perplexed that Odom took the ball down the court instead of giving it to Kidd to set the play.

KD at the buzzer puts the Mavs 0-3

What a shot to beat the 3 pt shot of Vince Carter! Holy Cow!

Looks the like loss of Chandler and Barea, key cogs of the title run is showing.

Lakers played very well against the Knicks. Former Pacer Josh McRoberts may be just the guy they need inside. Banger and can score a little. Troy Murphy surprisingly has done well as a role player. With Bynum's return, the Lakers can be ok without even trading for Howard. It may seem not too strange to think that LA shipped Odom to Dallas to destroy the Mavs chemistry because Dallas really needs a Chandler-type center and not a 6'10' 'point forward'. ;)

JO actually scored 19 points in tonight's C's win at the Garden. Did I say he was past his prime? Surprised me, this guy.:D 7 of 9 FG and 5 of 5 FT. Amazing for a night, maybe for a season.

Good game now at MIN vs MIA.

JO actually scored 19 points in tonight's C's win at the Garden. Did I say he was past his prime? Surprised me, this guy.:D 7 of 9 FG and 5 of 5 FT. Amazing for a night, maybe for a season.

Good game now at MIN vs MIA.

Heat win by 2 to stay undefeated along with OKC but who would have thought that Portland and Indianapolis would also be undefeated?

Neither would I have thought that, Steve. Pacers added West, a big big plus for them, and George Hill from the Spurs. They gave the Bulls a good fight last playoffs, and are young and quite cohesive as a team.

Shows how much Lakers missed Bynum with his game high 29 points today resulting in a Laker win

I was amazed how old Al Harrington off the bench and near retirement almost single handedly beats the Lakers

Shows how much Lakers missed Bynum with his game high 29 points today resulting in a Laker win

I was amazed how old Al Harrington off the bench and near retirement almost single handedly beats the Lakers

I saw the latter half of the 4th, Steve. And yeah, amazing how Al shot something like 19 points against the entire Lakers' 17. And watching Bynum tonight, I really don't see the need for a Howard trade. There are nights when Bynum play better than Howard, and keeping Bynum maintains that chemistry as well, which is what Dallas is lacking now - with Odom and all.

The Lakers desperately need a real point guard. The Lakers are old and slow. They are extraordinarily vulnerable to quick point guards and the pick and roll. Unless and until they acquire a real point guard they will not make it back to the Finals.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu