New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Warriors haven't had a major big since Chris Webber got himself traded

Portland looking good in the West. 5-1 record best in the West too. Adding Gerald Wallace and Jamaal Crawford this season makes them a very strong team.

Read the article. The Ws are forever suffering from the curse of Joe Barry Carroll, much in the same way the Red Sox suffered from the curse of the Bambino. IIRC, the Ws traded Robert Parish & the 3rd pick in the draft to the Celtics (which the Celtics used to draft Kevin McHale), for the right to draft Joe Barry Carroll with the 1st pick. Howard to the Ws? Yeah, right.

No Superstar would want to go to the Warriors.. That much, I am certain of...

Watched the highlights on NBA.com and Blake had those powerful aerial dunks that were awesome. With CP3 lobbing those passes up there, Blake is gonna have a heyday flexing those leg and arm muscles. And he seems to be learning to barge in and dunk on his own too. ;)

It was almost as if he were flying. As good or better than any MJ or Dr J pulled off

Have you seen his stats. Over 25 ppg

And 12 rebounds a game. When he crouches down low to prepare to jump, or fly, that's bad news for his opponents. Some guys are just gifted in this area, while guys like Larry Bird just can't jump. Good thing he can shoot and pass. ;)

It was almost as if he were flying. As good or better than any MJ or Dr J pulled off

Have you seen his stats. Over 25 ppg

Steve

Let's not go there please ... Doctor J remains IMO beyond comparison ... fluid and smooth to an extent that no one has been since, including MJ. The greatest dunkers I have seen are in this order: Doctor J, Dominique Wilkins and MJ. Griffin is spectacular, no doubt, but he has to work up there to get in these (pun intended) elevated levels...

A title would change a lot of things. A friend just got back from LA and said he saw more Clips billboards than Lakers. Fickle, fickle, City of Angels!

Well on one thread we've got a Digital vs Digital thing going. Personally, I want to see who comes out on top in the LA vs LA war. I think LAC will still go farther this season. Call me sentimental.

GS Warriors beat Miami in OT. My surprise was checking the box scores and seeing one Nate Robinson who I thought had retired, scoring 24 points, and 14-14 from the free throw line. Boy, is he now such a great penetrator?

BTW, Jerry West as Head Consultant of the Warriors may wield some magic for this team. They looked pretty good in this game with Miami, and this is the kind of play that whips up a crowd - fast and exciting.

Last edited:
Great game by the Clippers against the Heat. Playoff intensity. This early the Clips are showing their potential. Exciting group of players too. They need to bolster their bench as Mo Williams is their only reliable bench player.

Heat are looking lackluster

Did anyone see the Bulls vs Celtics in Boston yesterday. The Celts were down by 20 and the Bulls looked vulnerable. Suddenly the Celts make a game out of it and come within 1 point of the Bulls only to fold again in the last few minutes of the game

Kobe is performing once again with super skills even though he is all banged up

Heat are looking lackluster

Did anyone see the Bulls vs Celtics in Boston yesterday. The Celts were down by 20 and the Bulls looked vulnerable. Suddenly the Celts make a game out of it and come within 1 point of the Bulls only to fold again in the last few minutes of the game

Kobe is performing once again with super skills even though he is all banged up

Heat lost twice back to back in OT. They are marked too like Dallas as they are Eastern champs. I saw the C's game against the Bulls too and yes,there were moments of stagnation in the Bulls but the C's playing is worse than expected. They are like a diesel engine needed to warm up till the 2nd half. Then playing catch up is not enough. Clearly, the age factor of the Big 3 is showing. Put a hand in the face while they're shooting, and they will miss most of the time. C's need at least 2 solid veterans to jump start them again. And Kobe is still Kobe, maybe one of his best stretches. I'm surprised at the Sixer's 8-3 record, lots of hard workers without the usual 'brand names', save Igoudala.

saw highlights of the clippers/lakers game. and the new human highlight film that is blake griffin dunking is awesome. not only is his vertical leap prodigious, when he gets up, he actually glides forward and have a horizontal extension en route to a dunk. a power dunk at that. wow.

That game showed what is the obvious flaw in the Lakers defense, the same flaw that saw them lose to Dallas in last year's playoffs, and the same flaw that the Heat expose when they beat the Lakers. We've talked about it ad nauseum. They do not know how to defend the pick and roll. Chris Paul carved up the Lakers for 33 points. If Chris Paul stays healthy this year, I predict the Clippers sweep the regular season series against the Lakers.

That game showed what is the obvious flaw in the Lakers defense, the same flaw that saw them lose to Dallas in last year's playoffs, and the same flaw that the Heat expose when they beat the Lakers. We've talked about it ad nauseum. They do not know how to defend the pick and roll. Chris Paul carved up the Lakers for 33 points. If Chris Paul stays healthy this year, I predict the Clippers sweep the regular season series against the Lakers.

Ron

what I don't get is that defending against pick and roll is a standard in basketball. Why do you and everyone see it but the Lakers can't figure it out or learn it.

Michael Jordan thinks only Kobe Bryant deserves comparisons
By Eric Freeman | Ball Don't Lie – 2 hours 38 minutes ago

Kobe Bryant explains the plot of "Single White Female" to Michael Jordan (Jamie Squire/Getty).

Ever since Michael Jordan retired — all three times, really — the NBA has searched for the heir to his throne. Many players have popped up as pretenders to the throne, from Harold Miner to Jerry Stackhouse to Vince Carter. In recent years, people have stopped trying to find a clone and just searched for a similarly dominant great player. If you ever wondered why LeBron James is seen as such a failure, a lot of it has to do with his inability to meet the example set by Jordan.

There are many great players in the NBA these days, most of whom have never been directly compared to Jordan. Nevertheless, His Airness says only one player comes close enough to his greatness to merit the comparison. Not surprisingly, that player is Kobe Bryant. Here's what Roland Lazenby, a great writer currently working on a Jordan book, tweeted on Sunday (via PBT):

Kobe's ultimate competition is MJ. That's why MJ watches him. MJ made people think what he was doing wasn't human. Ditto the Kobester.

I never said Kobe was better than MJ. MJ just told me Kobe's the only one to have done the work, to deserve comparison.

Congratulations, Kobe: Your life's work has meant something. All that time spent aping Jordan's movements and skills has paid off. He acknowledged you. You made it.

Of course, if the notoriously petty Jordan was going to mention anyone, it makes that he'd single out Kobe, and not just because he'd consider the mimicry flattering. Bryant really does work harder than everyone else, and he's been good for long enough (with no signs of slowing down) that he may eventually top Jordan's longevity. They're similarly insane competitors.

The "Next Jordan" idea was always a silly one, but Bryant is certainly the player most like Jordan in all aspects of his game — even if he eventually becomes something less than the greatest player of the post-MJ era, which I'm sure many of you will argue in the comments. That's an accomplishment in itself. Even coming close to the top means something.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu