New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

The Lakers desperately need a real point guard. The Lakers are old and slow. They are extraordinarily vulnerable to quick point guards and the pick and roll. Unless and until they acquire a real point guard they will not make it back to the Finals.

that's was their idea with CP3...how bout rubio? a prospective showtime passer, but very long shot. ;)

This early, a few teams with the 'easiest' offense, which means they produce points very easily, are Miami and OKC. Watching how Miami at close games down the line get points quickly and almost instantaneously from their Big 3 is an enviable thing. OKC gets their from KD and RW. Well, of course Kobe and Gasol are there too, but other teams with big names and big stars like NY, MIN and the Clippers even seem to be lost and panicky when a clutch shot is needed. Watching Galinari missed that layup at point blank range that would have tied the game made me think that if that were Wade or James, they would have slammed it home. Of course, that will elicit GRRRRs from us people here though. :)

C's seems to be back on track with 3 straight wins after a 0-3 start. JO absent due to hamstring. Nothing surprising. But his sub is turning out to be a bit of a surpirse. 26 year old Greg Stiesma from Wisconsin, not drafted but signed out of the blue by the C's. Scored 13 points today as a starter. JO might very soon be his back up. ;)

Sun Jan 01 04:40pm EST
Of course Dennis Rodman is going to coach a topless women’s basketball team

By Kelly Dwyer

We're not sure what's going to feel ickier, the fact that Dennis Rodman is going to be holding tryouts for a topless women's basketball team in New York City, or you after you finish reading the post. But the Basketball Hall of Famer will be trying out and coaching a team fielding exotic dancers from Headquarters Gentleman Club, in hopes of cobbling together a charity game against what appears to be another topless women's basketball from a rival club.

Duty calls, apparently, for Rodman. As it does here at Ball Don't Lie. Gross.

Here's the lowdown:

The NBA bad boy dreamed up the team after hearing that rival strip joint Rick's Cabaret launched a league with former Atlanta Hawk Spud Webb, who runs the Texas Legends, an NBA Development League team.

Rodman even is challenging Rick's Cabaret's topless team to a charity game.

"I don't know too many men that don't like a good-looking woman running up and down around the court," Rodman said.

Not really. I like a good looking woman running, walking, or standing just about anywhere. And while I'm not exactly innocent in frequenting these sorts of places in my lifetime, if you're so desperate to see a topless woman that you'll even take in a basketball game featuring 10 of them running up and down a court and (presumably) playing rather poorly, then it's time to re-assess your life as we spark up the year 2012.

The whole thing is more sad than alluring, by a wide margin. As is the case for most of these topless clubs, and Rodman's life (if we're honest) over the last 13 years.

- I certainly did not know that there was such a 'charity basketball game' around there. :D

Ron --

Any thoughts on Jackson as a coach at this stage?

Sun Jan 01 04:40pm EST
Of course Dennis Rodman is going to coach a topless women’s basketball team

By Kelly Dwyer

We're not sure what's going to feel ickier, the fact that Dennis Rodman is going to be holding tryouts for a topless women's basketball team in New York City, or you after you finish reading the post. But the Basketball Hall of Famer will be trying out and coaching a team fielding exotic dancers from Headquarters Gentleman Club, in hopes of cobbling together a charity game against what appears to be another topless women's basketball from a rival club.

Duty calls, apparently, for Rodman. As it does here at Ball Don't Lie. Gross.

Here's the lowdown:

The NBA bad boy dreamed up the team after hearing that rival strip joint Rick's Cabaret launched a league with former Atlanta Hawk Spud Webb, who runs the Texas Legends, an NBA Development League team.

Rodman even is challenging Rick's Cabaret's topless team to a charity game.

"I don't know too many men that don't like a good-looking woman running up and down around the court," Rodman said.

Not really. I like a good looking woman running, walking, or standing just about anywhere. And while I'm not exactly innocent in frequenting these sorts of places in my lifetime, if you're so desperate to see a topless woman that you'll even take in a basketball game featuring 10 of them running up and down a court and (presumably) playing rather poorly, then it's time to re-assess your life as we spark up the year 2012.

The whole thing is more sad than alluring, by a wide margin. As is the case for most of these topless clubs, and Rodman's life (if we're honest) over the last 13 years.

- I certainly did not know that there was such a 'charity basketball game' around there. :D

Does anyone remember the Lingerie Bowl that was first televised on Pay-Per-View during halftime of the 2004 Superbowl? And if so, did you watch?:D

I can't answer for Ron but I have always liked Mark as an announcer and he seemed to have several interviews elsewhere before he got his first position in Oakland

Yesterday during a timeout in the game Mark was standing with his hands in his pockets at the outside of the team huddle rather than on the inside because one of his assistant coaches was giving them instructions. I thought that a bit strange

Ron --

Any thoughts on Jackson as a coach at this stage?

Way, way to early to tell. For the most part, the entire NBA is playing pre-season B-ball, except the games count. Yes, one can discern certain things, even at this early stage, but truly in light of the fact the teams missed out on a month of preseason workouts and games any assessment of Mark Jackson's coaching ability with the Ws (and the evaluation of almost all teams) has to wait until at least February.

Now having stated that, the Ws are the Ws and, as the saying goes, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear".

Way, way to early to tell. For the most part, the entire NBA is playing pre-season B-ball, except the games count. Yes, one can discern certain things, even at this early stage, but truly in light of the fact the teams missed out on a month of preseason workouts and games any assessment of Mark Jackson's coaching ability with the Ws (and the evaluation of almost all teams) has to wait until at least February.

Now having stated that, the Ws are the Ws and, as the saying goes, "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear".

I'll ask again in a few months.

Can't believe how bad Atlanta played at the end. Zero ball movement, seems like a team that can never grow up.

Can't believe how bad Atlanta played at the end. Zero ball movement, seems like a team that can never grow up.

Me too. And I thought the Hawks would be coming of age when they beat Miami a couple of days ago by 8. Hmmm...too much to ask for with the team that has T-Mac exploding against the Heat and then going 1-4 in 15 minutes the next game. Oh well, it's still the Bulls and the Heat in the East.

Me too. And I thought the Hawks would be coming of age when they beat Miami a couple of days ago by 8. Hmmm...too much to ask for with the team that has T-Mac exploding against the Heat and then going 1-4 in 15 minutes the next game. Oh well, it's still the Bulls and the Heat in the East.

I think they're a team w/o any leadership

Dwight Howard to the Warriors.......

Could it really happen :confused:

I doubt it, Steve. How many players will the Warriors give up? And Howard must be willing to sign an extension too with the Warriors othewise it's not a good move to just 'rent' Howard for this season.

Yahoo Sports :)

Read the article. The Ws are forever suffering from the curse of Joe Barry Carroll, much in the same way the Red Sox suffered from the curse of the Bambino. IIRC, the Ws traded Robert Parish & the 3rd pick in the draft to the Celtics (which the Celtics used to draft Kevin McHale), for the right to draft Joe Barry Carroll with the 1st pick. Howard to the Ws? Yeah, right.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu