New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Reactions: christoph
I don't see any way Houston will improve their team. Nothing will change from D'Antoni's grueling run and gun. Harden will remain great and CP3 will continue to bitch and moan

Reactions: christoph and jadis
In the west this year teams to keep an eye on are
Utah
Portland
Clippers
+/- Lakers

Warriors should make the playoffs but their run is over

Before every team was struggling to keep up and beat the Warriors, whereas now it will be wherever Kawhi lands as everyone's team to beat

Reactions: jadis
Phil

I'm somewhat surprised there is no buzz on Seth Curry.Is he destined to always remain in his big brother's shadow?

Steve,

Somehow he'll be in that shadow. He had a very slow start in the NBA. The worst thing is that he may just fade away. I hope not.

Report: Rockets offering trio to clear cap space

Looking to acquire Jimmy Butler from the 76ers in a sign-and-trade, the Rockets have offered Clint Capela, Eric Gordon and P.J. Tucker individually to teams with cap space, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Zach Lowe.

The Rockets are hoping to team Butler with Chris Paul and James Harden in hopes of making a deeper postseason run in 2019-20. But as Wojnarowski points out, Philadelphia remains optimistic it can re-sign both Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris.

Philadelphia has been privately expressing confidence around NBA that it can re-sign Butler and Tobias Harris, but Houston remains on case of selling Butler/76ers with a sign-and-trade scenario once free agency starts on Sunday.

One Houston player is hoping the team doesn't make any drastic changes this offseason, reports ESPN's Tim MacMahon.

Report: Clippers interested in Harris if Leonard doesn't sign

With so many teams pursuing the top-level free agents, the LA Clippers have reportedly already begun setting up their backup plan. According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, the Clippers "should express interest" in Tobias Harris if they fail to land Raptors superstar Kawhi Leonard.

Harris, of course, was traded by the same Clippers franchise to Philadelphia just four months ago. That transaction, according to Charania, appears to have done little to no damage to Harris' regard for the up-and-coming Clippers.

One has to wonder with all the money Steve Ballmer has that he will be present at the interview with Kawhi and he will offer him more than any other team which should make it difficult to refuse. There is no guaranty that playing for the Raptors will ensure another NBA title. He just might bite

The fact that the Lakers also want to interview him with the thought of creating a super team isn't one that I think Kawhi will pony up to as he will never be subservient to the King

I’m sure Kawhi is struggling with the idea of turning his back on a city /team for whom he just won an NBA championship. He’s a great player and says very little other than he wants to win rings. Well no guaranty the Raptors can repeat even without the Warriors as there will be strong teams in both conferences. I’ve read that the Raptors are the only team that can offer him the best deal and that’s why people are figuring 2 years with a player option when he can make even more money. However if it means bringing the Clipps closer to a championship I’m sure Ballmer has no qualms paying Kawhi more but also the luxury tax is merely pocket change for him

Are there rules as to how much over the limit a team is allowed otherwise I’m sure Ballmer would have bought his championship by now.

Jeannie goes all in clearing more cap room for a max player

Report: Lakers trade trio to Wizards, clear cap spaceThe Lakers are turning the reported Anthony Davis trade with the Pelicans into a three-team deal, sending Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga and Jemerrio Jones to the Wizards as part of the Davis deal with New Orleans, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Zach Lowe. The Athletic's Shams Charania adds that the Lakers are also sending Washington their 2022 second-round pick.
The move means the Lakers will start free agency with $32 million in cap space and now have the ability to sign a max player. Helping matters was the fact that Davis agreed to waive his $4M trade kicker, reports Wojnarowski.

Do you think LeBron would waive his $4M trade kicker if he were traded :eek:

I’m sure Kawhi is struggling with the idea of turning his back on a city /team for whom he just won an NBA championship. He’s a great player and says very little other than he wants to win rings. Well no guaranty the Raptors can repeat even without the Warriors as there will be strong teams in both conferences. I’ve read that the Raptors are the only team that can offer him the best deal and that’s why people are figuring 2 years with a player option when he can make even more money. However if it means bringing the Clipps closer to a championship I’m sure Ballmer has no qualms paying Kawhi more but also the luxury tax is merely pocket change for him

Are there rules as to how much over the limit a team is allowed otherwise I’m sure Ballmer would have bought his championship by now.

Steve, if I'm not mistaken, my understanding is that the CBA provides that opposing teams are not supposed to 'out-max' the existing team of that player. That is why I always hear of the present team being able to offer a 5 year 200m max as opposed to another team offering 4 years and 130m, something like that.

Jeannie goes all in clearing more cap room for a max player

Report: Lakers trade trio to Wizards, clear cap spaceThe Lakers are turning the reported Anthony Davis trade with the Pelicans into a three-team deal, sending Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga and Jemerrio Jones to the Wizards as part of the Davis deal with New Orleans, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Zach Lowe. The Athletic's Shams Charania adds that the Lakers are also sending Washington their 2022 second-round pick.
The move means the Lakers will start free agency with $32 million in cap space and now have the ability to sign a max player. Helping matters was the fact that Davis agreed to waive his $4M trade kicker, reports Wojnarowski.

Do you think LeBron would waive his $4M trade kicker if he were traded :eek:

There goes the real GM getting his ways. Davis waiving $4m must have the 'blessings' or shall we say, coaxing of LeBron. I doubt he would do that to himself, being a businessman, but Davis is his, ummmm, younger bro, like Kyrie ( until he got fed up and 'unfed- upp'ed' again), so he is pretty vulnerable - staring from the changing agents.

Wow, so the Lakers have only 3 signed players now. James believes so much in himself.

Ramona picks the Warriors as 2020 champs because Klay will be back in February. Interesting thought as she says wherever KD goes (Knicks or Nets), he won't play next season. Wherever Kyrie goes and he is alone, he won't win the title. If Kawhi goes to the Clippers, she will pick the Clippers to win the title. At the 4.30 mark.

Ramona picks the Warriors as 2020 champs because Klay will be back in February. Interesting thought as she says wherever KD goes (Knicks or Nets), he won't play next season. Wherever Kyrie goes and he is alone, he won't win the title. If Kawhi goes to the Clippers, she will pick the Clippers to win the title. At the 4.30 mark.

who the heck is Ramona ? Is she someone who can predict the future because if so I want to have her buy me some lottery tickets ;)

Having said that it's tough to repeat let alone three peat

Kawhi has IMO always had a special talent in this game but one player can't carry a team and where was he during the regular season that he wasn't even in the running for MVP :eek:

Bottom line is if he is moving he wants to know who his posse is and the Clipps are close however Lakers would win a few "bought" titles if that triumvirate were created.:D

As a 90s pacers fan I don't want to see this happen LOL

Jack, I rooted for the Pacers then and the poster shot of that series is Reggie holding a choke sign at Spike. Memorable.

who the heck is Ramona ? Is she someone who can predict the future because if so I want to have her buy me some lottery tickets ;)

Having said that it's tough to repeat let alone three peat

Kawhi has IMO always had a special talent in this game but one player can't carry a team and where was he during the regular season that he wasn't even in the running for MVP :eek:

Bottom line is if he is moving he wants to know who his posse is and the Clipps are close however Lakers would win a few "bought" titles if that triumvirate were created.:D

In that bought triumvirate team, I imagine LeBron will average 5 points a game and 20 assists. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing