New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Do you want that next Thursday or at Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals? LOL.

I hope Fisher has the game winner at the buzzer over Kobes head as the clock expires :)

that would be sweet revenge. and looking at how fast fisher transacted his buyout from houston and then a snap signing with okc, i would have thought that's why he was elected union president for his negotiating skills. :D

Don't think there's any bad feelings between fish and the lakers. I believe Fisher knew the lakers needed a young spark and there's a lot of mutual respect between Kobe and Fisher. On the other hand, OKC's signing of Fish may just be the missing link to their championship drive. The perfect role player who has proven that he can hit the big shot.

Don't think there's any bad feelings between fish and the lakers. I believe Fisher knew the lakers needed a young spark and there's a lot of mutual respect between Kobe and Fisher. On the other hand, OKC's signing of Fish may just be the missing link to their championship drive. The perfect role player who has proven that he can hit the big shot.

the lakers are fortunate to have 2 big shot players (not counting kobe) in the past few years in 'big shot bob' robert horry and derek fisher. i remember fisher hitting the shot after duncan's 3 pointer with milliseconds left to kill san antonio. and of course horry's incredible shot off the vlade tap out to beat sacramento. and i'm not even a lakers fan. :D

To me it seems like the twilight of the Big 3 of Boston in the late 80s. After losing the Finals in '87, it was a slow grinding downhill ride for the Big 3, much like what is happening to the present Big 4 after the '10 Finals loss to LA. I feel that when Garnett had his knee injury and subsequent surgery in '09, he has never been the same player again. Gone are the alley-oop dunks and quickness in his defensive game; much like the same way Bird never recovered from his bad back and bone chips in the late 80s. Breaking up this present Big 3 frees the C's of something like $46m though Pierce still has 2 years in his contract. But to me that will be the bitter pill to swallow to move on and rebuild via younger players much like what Indiana and Philly has gone through. Sad to say, the won't get lottery picks which was the route taken by Chicago and OKC in landing Rose and Durant. It's really tough to be a GM these days.

Wow. Watching Celtics-Sixers and they just took Pietrus off the court on a stretcher after a very hard head injury to the frloor

saw that on the highlights. latest i read is that he had a concussion. that was a scary sight.

OKC vs. MIN was incredible. High octane offense all the way to 2 OTs. Love had 51!, Westbrook had 45 and KD had 40. Love's 3's are beautiful to watch and he played center on that game. Fisher even hit a 3 near the end of the game. Slow and deadly shooter.

Meanwhile, SA is adding waived players. Boris Diaw is the latest addition and their 30 something players are still playing well. Duncan and Manu still putting up the points. The coaching of Pop is what's keeping them up there, imo.

Looking at all of the sportscasters on ESPN yesterday the word is that Vinny Del Negro has lost control of his team and he could be on the way out. Difficult to know what has happened to the Clipps as they seem to be in free fall going from number one in the Pacific division to now number 5 overall in the West. On paper they have a terrific team. Could it be that the loss of Chauncey Billups was the straw that broke the camel's back

I have even heard rumblings that Billups should coach the team

there was no defense at all in that game Phil but exciting yes

steve, if there is one reservation i have with okc in a possible finals stint with with either the heat or the bulls, it would be this 'no defense' kind of a game. occasionally, okc can play this type of a 'shootout in ok corral' which in my observation has never won titles. they rank 2nd in points scored per game but 18th in points given up to opponents.

Looking at all of the sportscasters on ESPN yesterday the word is that Vinny Del Negro has lost control of his team and he could be on the way out. Difficult to know what has happened to the Clipps as they seem to be in free fall going from number one in the Pacific division to now number 5 overall in the West. On paper they have a terrific team. Could it be that the loss of Chauncey Billups was the straw that broke the camel's back

I have even heard rumblings that Billups should coach the team

vinny could be the weak link of the clippers this season. and i wont be surprised to see him get the door soon. the loss of billups was a tough loss. he's a leader and can put the team together with his presence alone. the guy is a proven team man and a heady playmaker.

Heat vs OKC in an hour or so. Preview of the Finals?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu