New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
In my observation I noticed Giannis felt he could barge his way around the Toronto defense and kept charging in and being met and challenged. Van Vleet was in a shooting zone and if he brings this to Toronto, they will have added points that are as valuable as when Ilya was giving the Bucks 20 points. And Kawhi, he's a true stud and will much coveted by many teams .

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

So big game today

In Toronto

Will this be a total collapse of the Bucks and Toronto advances or do the Bucks force a gane 7

What I’ve seen in the last 3 games is a total collapse of the Bucks. Toronto is playing better. Leonard is outplaying Giannis who only has his Eurostep going for him

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Imo Giannis has not performed like an MVP.

First time on this big a stage, looks like he's pressing to me. Needs to slow down and not force things.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Raptors trailing most of the game till then 3rd Q now. Bucks are determined. Raptors have to mount another comeback to prevent a home court heartache.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Raptors on a 16-3 run in the fourth, up by 8 with plenty of time.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And just like that lead cut down to 1. What a game.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Toronto is IN !! Canada vs USA , how bout that? Kawhi showed the world why he is a super player. Vindication for him from last season where he barely played, The bench stepped up again, and Van Vleet is the smallest big man again. Just like Patty Mills.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Had to stop watching missed the 4th but it looked like that was going to be the outcome. They gained momentum at the end of the third

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Gotta hand it to the Toronto organization from top to the bottom. Fired their Coach of the Year. Got rid of de Rozan but got Leonard and Green. Added Gasol. They just doused the word Chemistry down the drain.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Gotta hand it to the Toronto organization from top to the bottom. Fired their Coach of the Year. Got rid of de Rozan but got Leonard and Green. Added Gasol. They just doused the word Chemistry down the drain.
I agree but do they have what it takes to go the distance...

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

what a win and deservedly two by Torontoi

They just wanted it more

Giannis was contained and the Raptors were terrific

Going to be a great Finals

My vote in the East for MVP is Leonard and in the West Draymond Green with Steph Curry a close second

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So guys as far as match ups go, do you think the dubs match up better against the Raptors or would they have had an easier time against the Bucks?

Boogie vs Marc looks okay. A still healing Boogie might have sat against MIL. I really don't know. On the guard front I don't see Lowry and FVF matching up well at all against Steph and Klay. This is one instance where Steph actually gets a height advantage both ways.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So guys as far as match ups go, do you think the dubs match up better against the Raptors or would they have had an easier time against the Bucks?

Boogie vs Marc looks okay. A still healing Boogie might have sat against MIL. I really don't know. On the guard front I don't see Lowry and FVF matching up well at all against Steph and Klay. This is one instance where Steph actually gets a height advantage both ways.

Well, Jack, since the series is over, the question is whether the Dubs will match up better against the Raptors who won 4 straight games after game 2, or the Bucks who were up 2-0 early on. It's really amazing how an 0-2 squad and reel off 4 straight wins and how that 2-0 club will lose 4 straight to lose the series. I had been wondering about that since the Blazers of Bill Walton did that to Dr. J's Sixers in 1977. If we look at the 0-4 Bucks from games 2 to 6, surely the Warriors would have an easier time with this kind of Bucks team. And now we look at the 4-0 Raptors team from games 2-6, the Warriors will have a harder time with these guys. And for me, it's about who STEPS UP and contribute, and thru these 4 wins, the names of Lowry, Van Vleet, Ibaka, Siakam, and of course MVP caliber player Kawhi all came through with flying colors. Specially Lowry who sort of exorcised the demons that hounded him through the past few years of the playoffs. Raptors maintained poise which only championship teams possess, and it will be a test when they face the Warriors, who collectively, are one or two levels up the Eastern champs. Lowry and Van Vleet, they've got their work cut of for them trying to stop the Splash Brothers. Ibaka can be called to defend KD if he returns, and I've always felt if he was given 20+ minutes a game, the Raptors always do well. Raptors are riding a 4 win momentum and that is one area which they could use to try to upend the defending champs. As good as they are, Warriors are still heavily favored.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As a Celtics fan, I can only think that even had Danny drafted Giannis instead of Olynyk, the C's would still lose today to Kawhi and the Raptors. :D I know, only a Celtics fan can think of such scenario. I have my admiration heightened with Kawhi's performance this series. He doesn't emote much, doesn't talk much, doesn't smile much, but he wins a lot of games. And after the game, he said, 'I just want to win, I am not after being the best player'. Hats off to this guy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing