New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
From what I understand, the Luxury Tax and the Repeat Offender's Luxury tax applies to every team owner. Lacob apparently was willing pay those amounts in the past but is complaining only now?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
The argument I've heard is that if you draft a player, and nurture them over the years and they become superstars, you should be able to keep them, without paying the luxury tax. That contrasts with just buying great players through trades or free agency. Makes some sense to me.

Larry

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This is quite true. Nets will want a star of about 85% of KD's caliber + a ton of picks. The former is not even easy to find. :D

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

My bet is. KD won’t be traded and the Nets ownership will pull a Gerry Buss/Kobe Bryant fiasco
And btw I support management on this issue should they flip KD the bird and tell him they ain’t trading him unless they get what they want

Reactions: jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Steve Williams

Can you elaborate what this means?
Years ago when Kobe and Shaq were teammates and had won a few rings there was acrimony between the two players and the Lakers were going nowhere. Kobe went too Gerry Buss and demanded he be traded. Gerry basically laughed and although he loved Kobe he basically told him to go f*** himself and the rest is history

Steve Williams

As I said yesterday ............

Will Nets begin the season with both Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving?

Reportedly unimpressed with trade offers for Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn's best option could be to run it back for 2022-23.

jerrybj

Feb 27, 2022
New Zealand
Draymond thinks this current Warriors team would beat the '96 Bulls?
Hard to compare with the way the game has changed, but GSW have won four rings so he has a right to at least consider it.

I don't think they would with his starting five at least. Scottie, MJ and Rodman defensively would have been a nightmare to score against.
Curry would have been a problem to defend. Randy Brown may have got more court time stuck to him.
Luke and Kevon would have knocked each other out.
The Bulls in the open court would be near unstoppable. Harper could still play.
Warriors' bench would have had trouble with Kuko?, but the Bulls would have struggled containing Poole.
Steve Kerr may have got more open looks with the way the 'drive and kick' game has evolved.

MJ averaged 10.8 free throws those playoffs. With today's rules he would have spent way more time at the line.
If you look at it, the Jazz and the Sonics, were tough finals teams.
I'm not sure I can say that about the Warriors.

Oops. Sorry. I read it wrong. He said the 2017 Warriors.
Need to have a look at that roster...

Last edited:

jerrybj

Feb 27, 2022
New Zealand
2017 Warriors roster?
Iguodala could still play. Klay pre-injuries. And KD at his peak.
Not so sure of the Warriors bench.
That starting five a handful, for certain.

But offensively, the Bulls were a match. And better on the break. MJ, Kuko? and Pippen would have torn them apart.
Luke would have an advantage over a younger Looney, aged Pachulia and revised Javale McGee (who got no court time those finals).
And who stops Jordan?
Bulls in 6.

Steve Williams

With all the speculation about KD, here is the read of the day re megadeal trades

How much are teams willing to give up in trades these days?

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

and for the laugh of the day, more news out of LaLa Land........

Can Lakers reverse their fortunes with same core?

Steve Williams

And this might interest Phil.....

What factors make the Celtics an interesting fit for Durant?

and now an argument against KD coming to Boston

Why Mad Dog doesn't like a potential KD-Jaylen Brown swap​

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm 50-50 with KD coming to Boston. While no C's fan want to see the core broken up, the other side to getting a caliber of KD to play for your team is not easy to pass up. It's up to the GMs to do their jobs. Fans can just cheer and jeer.

But if Nets do not or cannot trade KD. KD can do a Ben Simmons (who else, he's just a whisper away in team practices) and sit the whole year and wait for a buy out or whatever. It's not a nice view to see players sit while under contract. It's getting to be a trend of sorts.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
2017 Warriors roster?
Iguodala could still play. Klay pre-injuries. And KD at his peak.
Not so sure of the Warriors bench.
That starting five a handful, for certain.

But offensively, the Bulls were a match. And better on the break. MJ, Kuko? and Pippen would have torn them apart.
Luke would have an advantage over a younger Looney, aged Pachulia and revised Javale McGee (who got no court time those finals).
And who stops Jordan?
Bulls in 6.
Both Jordan and Curry have that killer instinct to have the ball and score for the win. It would be nice to do a fantasy game, but , hard to imagine.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I can't see anyone wanting KD.
Ageing but still damn good. Has had injury issues.
Expensive.
And to top it all off, Brooklyn wants even more in return.

Nope, he's staying.
It's more about what teams will give up to get KD. The farm , the bus, that's not a good deal. But if as Woj reports, Brown, White, picks, pick swaps, that's not bad for the C's to give to the Nets. Question is the Nets will feel shortchanged, and in fact, they have turned such a deal down. KD is THE closer for a team like the C's if they go to a Finals run again. Funny thing is, in my mind, KD and Brown will be a better fit than KD and Tatum. Just a feeling.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing