New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

While I had mentioned here earlier that the Nuggets have not seen the kind of defense of the Heat, the Heat also have not seen the kind of offense that is run by the Nuggets.

In retrospect, Celtics would lose against Nuggets had they gone in, because they have home court disadvantage.

and so it has started..........

Inside The NBA: Is Joe Mazzulla The Right Coach For Boston?

Falling behind 3-0 and losing to Miami in the East Finals put a damper on an otherwise impressive rookie season for Celtics coach Joe

and so it has started..........

Inside The NBA: Is Joe Mazzulla The Right Coach For Boston?

Falling behind 3-0 and losing to Miami in the East Finals put a damper on an otherwise impressive rookie season for Celtics coach Joe

I will still go for a change. Joe is too inexperienced to run plays and counter plays. To counter zone defense. To be bold enough to use his bench as deep as it is. I'm sure had Galinari been healthy, he would be benched too. When your starters are off, time to try others, if not, why did Brad form such a deep roster ? It's a waste really. I was telling my son if you give me the whole Miami roster with Mazulla as coach, they would definitely be out of the playoffs this season. Somehow my heart feels for Bud. He had the best record for the Bucks. In the first game Giannis injured and played for 10 minutes and missed totally games 2 and 3. I honestly cannot get why he got fired other than management needs a scapegoat.

Being a HC in the NBA is always associated with a firing such as these. Scapegoat......indeed.

It will be interesting to see what the Celts do. I personally feel he has earned his stay in Boston. He's all of 34 years old and IMO did a very good job with the team this year. His lack of experience came through when the Celt were shooting 0-10 and he didn't change his game plan. We will know in the next few days. There are skilled unemployed coaches such as Bud who I am betting they are thinking about.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
For me, Bucks and the Nuggets are the ideal constructed team in the traditional position filled roster. Celtics roster has gaps or weaknesses in the 4 and 1 position. Am thinking KD and Payne for Brown, Smart and picks. Clutch baskets will be breakfast cereal with KD around. :D

Reactions: christoph
Being a HC in the NBA is always associated with a firing such as these. Scapegoat......indeed.

It will be interesting to see what the Celts do. I personally feel he has earned his stay in Boston. He's all of 34 years old and IMO did a very good job with the team this year. His lack of experience came through when the Celt were shooting 0-10 and he didn't change his game plan. We will know in the next few days. There are skilled unemployed coaches such as Bud who I am betting they are thinking about.
My thoughts exactly, Steve.

Firstly, I was agreeing with you yesterday, Bob, about the Heat will take it. I just didn't want to voice it because of keeping the faith, as Steve always kindly told me. Lol. I had been telling my son, even in in regular season, that I'm bored in watching Celtics play. It's very predictable, and win usually with hot shooting. As to this duo, again, I agree that they are in name only, first team and second team. How did that came about? STATS. I'm not a believe in stats really. So I marvel more at how Strus, Vincent, Martin and Robinson would rise up to the occasion more than Brown. IMO, it's more of a playing system change needed. And I am impressed at Denver's cohesion as a unit. Something like Phoenix when they were in the Finals.
I hear you on being kind of bored watching the Celts, mostly one-on-one play, and to your shooting point, hard to out-3 the Heat w/all those supporting guys. You'd think Tatum/Brown should be able to work a really tough two man game, not the same style as Jokic/Murray, but something more effective than each going on his own which is where it's at now. Should be a really tough cover that the other three guys can play off of -- leverage your stars. Neither though shows much passing savvy, Brown particularly -- the coaching staff has to develop this for the team to move forward IMO.

The Nuggets feel on a mission; I think they thought they could have won it all the year before Murray tore up his knee. As an aside, Luka needs to do what Jokic did; decide he wants to take it up another level and lose 20+ lbs.

I hear you on being kind of bored watching the Celts, mostly one-on-one play, and to your shooting point, hard to out-3 the Heat w/all those supporting guys. You'd think Tatum/Brown should be able to work a really tough two man game, not the same style as Jokic/Murray, but something more effective than each going on his own which is where it's at now. Should be a really tough cover that the other three guys can play off of -- leverage your stars. Neither though shows much passing savvy, Brown particularly -- the coaching staff has to develop this for the team to move forward IMO.

The Nuggets feel on a mission; I think they thought they could have won it all the year before Murray tore up his knee. As an aside, Luka needs to do what Jokic did; decide he wants to take it up another level and lose 20+ lbs.
I'm looking forward to Denver putting on an offensive show, and it will not be easy to zone them as they are all great passers and find the open shooter, that's the time they'll take a 3. They are more patient and deliberate and that's where Malone's coaching comes in. I can see them winning the first 2 at home, if I'm not mistaken they are perfect at home, high altitude and all.

Murray is my favorite player in the west. Before it was Booker. Murray's shooting is just basketball lovely, as opposed to Jokic, specially on his desperation time 3s, which, amazingly always seems to go in anyway.

Reactions: rblnr
Putting Pop aside, I think Malone and Spoelstra are the best coaches in the league now. Among many other reasons, I’ve always felt that the best coaches get the most out of their role players — they empower those guys and have them playing with total confidence — you see this with both the Heat and Nuggets.

Reactions: jadis
Well Denver are odds on favorites. Tough with Jokic and Murray however if this season is ready for a Cinderella finish this could be the series

pizza anyone
Denver as favorites I can see why. BUT when Vegas puts Boston as number 1 favorite among the final 4 teams, I honestly frowned. Denver is more well oiled than the Celtics and more coherent in their plays. Boston succumbs to a trapping zone which is exactly what Spo threw at them. And that's what Barkley was saying, that Boston goes on a roller coaster in a game. In my opinion, it's due to their inability to respond to a zone trapping defense. Let's see how Denver handles it.

although Pizza seems to be on me I really cannot rule out the Heat esp if Butler and Bam are on their game. Murray must be contained as Jokic can make a shot with eyes closed falling backwards and looking clumsy. It could come down to who makes the most 3 point shots. Miami is quite capable and Caleb Martin is peaking at the right time. Denver will have had a 10 day lay off. Will they be spring chickens or rusty and out of shape. :oops:

Reactions: christoph
One thing they
although Pizza seems to be on me I really cannot rule out the Heat esp if Butler and Bam are on their game. Murray must be contained as Jokic can make a shot with eyes closed falling backwards and looking clumsy. It could come down to who makes the most 3 point shots. Miami is quite capable and Caleb Martin is peaking at the right time. Denver will have had a 10 day lay off. Will they be spring chickens or rusty and out of shape. :oops:
The mile high altitude must be their friend while they await a tropical team coming in to breathe their dry air. Lol.
I'm curious to see Bruce Brown against the Heat. He's gritty and spunky, like a Heat player. :D

And I'm glad that finals shifts to Mike Breen. Can't stand Harland's passionate play by play. Good thing I skipped the game. :)

I like this hire.......

Reports: Sixers expected to hire Nick Nurse as next head coach

Nick Nurse, who led Toronto to its 1st NBA title in 2019, reportedly will replace Doc Rivers as coach in Philadelphia.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing