New German 285,000 Euro turntable. Any takers?

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
Sorry for this lowsy joke in advance, but does it come with a crane to lift the record into place?
When is enough ENOUGH?
I appreciate that for some nothing but the very best will do, but so called 'ultra high end' is far from neutral and very much puts its' own spin on music - sorry for the pun. I heard the full KSL chain and hated the golden sheen. How does one make real and meaningful comparisons?

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Sorry for this lowsy joke in advance, but does it come with a crane to lift the record into place?
When is enough ENOUGH?
I appreciate that for some nothing but the very best will do, but so called 'ultra high end' is far from neutral and very much puts its' own spin on music - sorry for the pun. I heard the full KSL chain and hated the golden sheen. How does one make real and meaningful comparisons?

LOL. Its actually extremely easy to put records on the platter and remove as its around breast height, so no bending or anything. very easy to set alignment as well due to the height.

When is enough ENOUGH?

When rich guys stop buying these overpriced pieces of hi-fi. If you look at the trend of ever increasing prices for all hi-fi - it would seem not any time soon. This trend is not just aligned to hi-fi.

Syntax

Feb 26, 2012
At The Dark Side
You are right David, Syntax purchased the LP2 with the special order 31dB SUT new from me. Afterwards, I spent a few days in Bavaria with Thomas Heisig in his listening room. He told me that the Omnigon, "had its problems;" mainly, dependability and grounding issues. Besides, Thomas said, "the Lamm, it always sounds right, built like a tank...good brain."

Cheers!
ALF

I guess there is something wrong out there

- in all those years I use the Omnigon it had One Problem to go back (a cold soldering which showed the result that one channel failed when it had some temperature). That was fixed it is working reliable until today (without grounding issues, there is a switch for 3 different ground pre selections)
- I said, Lamm is one of those units which reproduce the voices correctly and this is hard to find in this business
- I think, 12 Omnigons were made, 10 stay at the place from those who ordered. 2 went to USA, the one from Alf went to HK, the other one still is in USA (I think)
Dietrich got offers to build some more ( from visitors who listened to it), price doesn't matter but he has no time to do. It never was a commercial unit anyway. It was a unit for some who wanted the best phono layouts, the best parts and the best, correct reproduction.
Apolyt Turntable
It is done & running. 2 were sold 2019 via Distributor (as everything) and were built up at the clients place.

Some years ago I got in touch with the original Apolyt from the 90's, bought the replacement parts and gave the order to build it up in a new frame. But then I got new ideas I wanted to have.... more advanced speed controller....Isolation down to 1 Hz .... Flywheel drive .... automatic levelling ....tighter specs for compressor air ... i had the original feet from the 90's but the idea popped up to use air feet instead....and ... and ....and .... it took a lot of time to devolp it because after a while it became obvious, it will be something more or less from scratch .....anyway...the result was heard in Munich High End Show 2018 and when someone is interested, he can contact Acoustical Systems for A Demo, their System is open for Distributor visits ..
Because I am Syntax I still want for the Apolyt II a special frame to decouple my other units also to 1 Hz....but the waiting time is based on my extra ideas .... i am young, I can wait :):)

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing