new muse album

terryj

Jul 4, 2010
bathurst NSW
not sure if this will get much of a listen in this here parts. I enjoy most of a muse album (but please, spare me the love songs or ballads!). Muse often comes up on audiophile hate lists for quality of production..well I reckon these guys are not babes in the woods, and can probably employ just about anyone they liked. So I conclude, like it or loathe it (the production values I mean) that the sound is pretty much how they intended.

Anyway, again a few good stomping numbers as we'd expect.

Until I hit track twelve.

Yeah, a good rocking song in itself, but oh my god the sound they managed! A complete bolt from the blue (not just stylistically) but sonically. I have no idea how they m,anaged to pull it off, but it has gone straight to the top of the test disc track listing.

Amazing.

(not the same on you tube, but here it is. I was shaking my head after hearing it wondering what the hell had just hit me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_xdvn52As

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing