New Sigma XC cable.

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
I’m simply repeating what Shunyata calls their cable and they refer to it as a Delta v2 XC (a non NR). Not interested in quibbling about what anyone else wants to call it.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Well I have had the demo Shunyata XC for about 4 days now. I don’t think there is good synergy using it with the Audioquest Niagara 7000.
The soundstage is ok, but everything else is sort of squishy. That is; not as sharp or as dynamic as my reference cable is.

ozzy

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
On Friday my new Sigma XC arrived to power my Denali 6000 V2, replacing a Sigma NR V1. I am amazed at the improvement this cable brings to my system. Someone already explained it in other places, but really the sound is much CLEANER, you listen to micro details that used to be more difficult to hear, or you just didn't listen. The orchestral sound is wonderfully dense and heavy, but liquid at the same time, it is crazy and above all it allows me to increase the volume (almost asking me) without it becoming congested. I don't know when I will be able to do it, but I know inevitably I will have to change my Sigma NR V1 for V2, it is simply useless any resistance. View attachment 65840
Stunning cable and it’s good to hear it made a difference.

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
Well I have had the demo Shunyata XC for about 4 days now. I don’t think there is good synergy using it with the Audioquest Niagara 7000.
The soundstage is ok, but everything else is sort of squishy. That is; not as sharp or as dynamic as my reference cable is.

ozzy
I understand the struggle when a piece of kit on first blush just doesn’t produce the juice but do you feel the cable had enough time to settle in, and that you got a decisive read on it?? Just not at all sure I could evaluate anything in my kit in only four days and really be sure of much.

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
Well, as expected, the Omega is superior to the Sigma, which is already very good. The predictable is improved: bass, dynamics, even image. But there is something that I did not expect and that I noticed from the beginning, a more natural, more attractive sound. The differences are not from night to day, but they are notable.
On an Everest conditioner, how big an upgrade or jump in sound quality would you say Omega XC is over a Sigma XC? Is it worth the 2x price differential?

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Well, my impression is right above your post. I can't know if it would be worth it for you, just to tell you that I don't regret the upgrade. In this hobby and with these prices everyone should know how far they should go. I have all my signal wiring from Göbel, except for the speaker cables. Until very recently the measure in meters that I needed cost about €14,000, yesterday I went to my dealer's website and found that they had risen to €24,000. Well FOR ME, regardless of what the sound enhancement is, these cables are no longer worth it, but for someone with a deeper pocket, who knows….

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
Well, my impression is right above your post. I can't know if it would be worth it for you, just to tell you that I don't regret the upgrade. In this hobby and with these prices everyone should know how far they should go. I have all my signal wiring from Göbel, except for the speaker cables. Until very recently the measure in meters that I needed cost about €14,000, yesterday I went to my dealer's website and found that they had risen to €24,000. Well FOR ME, regardless of what the sound enhancement is, these cables are no longer worth it, but for someone with a deeper pocket, who knows….
Definitely fair enough, I agree affordability and value judgement is very subjective. I guess what I was really trying to understand is the magnitude of the improvement, like did it hit you in the face or did you have to really concentrate to notice? Was it immediate or a slow burn..or if you had to go back to Sigma XC, would it be a big disappointment?

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
The improvement was immediate and I would not return to Sigma

Reactions: divertiti

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing