New to the forum: high end music server with Roon Core and 3 x dedicated linear power supplies

Patvanco

Jun 14, 2020
Agreed upon, Matt.
And that’s what i learned going the endpoint-way: i prefer the separates.

BTW, my first Music server was an AudioAanZee. Manufactured by a nice Dutch gentleman, but to my ears the Evo’s are definitely in a different league.

All the best, patrick

Musiclvr

May 20, 2020
Generally I am very satisfied with my roon nucleus+. The sound is very good because there is good equipment backing it up. Having said that, I am more keen on the Grimm Audio MU1 server. It is an all in one box solution with perhaps a higher performance than the nucleus plus

onsionsi

Nov 27, 2019
432 EVO Reference HiFi Music Server Streamer "Standard Model" REVIEW Conclusion Roon -Tastic from (Pursuit Perfect System Channel in YouTube)

I voted for Track B and that was using Tunning 432 HZ.

Clipper

Feb 7, 2020
My order is in for a 432 Evo Aeon , really looking forward to it ,.

Reactions: Alrainbow

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Being a dealer for the brand I am going to be seen as biased though i can share the following: when i was still in doubt which brand i would be representing i was able to directly compare a beta-version of the Master (like 3 years ago) with the SGM at the time, costing double and offering less features.
The Master was at least as good so I went for the 432EVO brand. Of course since then both brands evolved a lot and took different roads to market their product.
Although it offers many possibilities in upsampling or resampling etc, I use it bitperfect. Every year or so updates are being installed (remotely).
Your not biased push your brand as others do. I have heard from others it’s very good and plays way above its price point.

Reactions: Legolas

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
IMO, a good server with direct connected DAC sounds better than a set-up with endpoint and the same DAC.

Matt
Not always. If you consider his end pints do have an effect and they do it can be positive. Example certain genre sounds better on a Linux OS as opposed to windows. adding a Linux end point to a given setup may just put one in a better place

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Frederic v
your two box psu I think is how most all servers should be. but I do understand price point limitations and hear from a few great praise of both models.
how much benefit is a separate psu Given in sound. I always tell people never stack in close proximit unless the maker approves it.
any thoughts on this and some info on your psu specs.
thanks in advance.

FredericV

Industry Expert
Jun 9, 2020
Frederic v
your two box psu I think is how most all servers should be. but I do understand price point limitations and hear from a few great praise of both models.
how much benefit is a separate psu Given in sound. I always tell people never stack in close proximit unless the maker approves it.
any thoughts on this and some info on your psu specs.
thanks in advance.

Our own 432 EVO MASTER development server has the PSU and SERVER combo sitting on top of each other, with the only thing separating them, is a set of 3 tweaked pucks by a friend of the company who makes decouplers:

http://duart-audio.be/

We have designed the 432 EVO MASTER triple cable set and PSU in such way, you can put them on separate shelves in your rack, or side by side on a wide rack, or directly on top of each other. Using some form of aftermarket decoupler will most likely help tweak the sound. We also allow you to replace the fuses by boutique fuses as long as the rating is the same, but as our PSU is truly triple, you'll need to upgrade 3 fuses with the same spec. On the last Munich show we actually had a customer from one of our distributors who visited our room, and showed us his uprated fuses. The stock fuses are already audio grade, but some like to tweak and play with different brands.

And contrary to some competitors, our triple DC cable set covers all of these "rack" variations. No need to buy a different cable set if you want to re-orient your rack. As the cables contain Sbooster's split current design at the end, the length is not critical.

The triple power supply is truly triple, and does not use a shared transformer, but instead uses three shielded transformers which are custom for 432 EVO MASTER, and are different from the bundled Sbooster BOTW mk2's with other models (STANDARD / HIGH-END / AEON / ESSENCE).

This triple PSU is also country specific, so we use custom transformers for each country (we have 230V for Europe, 220V for several Asian countries, and 120V for USA). The net result is that the server & PSU always stay cool, and will not exceed room temperature.

We do not believe in the "one transformer does it all" approach, but actually build batches of 432 EVO MASTER where buyers should specify their voltage in advance via pre-order, and we"ll put the correct transformer for their country into the build. This avoids hum and voltage drop. The net result is a better sounding machine which does not get hot and does not hum, and has the lowest possible voltage drop.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Very good detailed answer. I had buds at Munich and they raved about the sound n as much of the price point. I can’t conceive of similar products at multiple time more expensive and far less features. no internal drives or also an cd. Ripper is superb. Who sells in the USA ?
and the triple lps just makes sense to achieve the lowest possible ripple and jitter in a server. I asked my buds most of the questions you gave answers to I was amazed then and feel even better now. Do you plan to make a dual processor model ? I’m not sure it is needed or a total better idea. When I tried it no matter what you do there are some shared resources hence it was a tossup. so glad to see a top level server streamer with needed features made so well.
I think all should try one before breaking the bank .

Clipper

Feb 7, 2020
My EVO Aeon arrived yesterday,..I’ll run it in and post my thoughts ..

Clipper

Feb 7, 2020
Congratulations @Clipper and looking expectantly to your comprehensive review and photos as well.

May we know what is your previous server?
It’s my very first purchase of a server , the Evo replaced a aging EMM Labs player ,

Six months ago I did have a serious listen to the Innuos Zenith included the Innuos Phoenix , ultimately I was turned off of having to purchase another box for thousands more another power cable including a second USB cable . My estimate was this package is thousands more then the Evo Aeon model .

Though I was thrilled with the playback performance of the Innuos Zenith and Phoenix I just so happen to come across a EU review of the 432 Evo design and the more i read about it the more it appealed to me.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Indeed, the AEON is a superb performing server, centred on where it matters, PS design and optimised for USB Dacs. This gives you SOTA performance at real world prices. I use mine as Bit Perfect with the Kassandra, it is a great match. The 432 EVO tuning really works, and very effective with FPGA and DS Dacs, it brings realism and organic sound back into digital replay.

Reactions: onsionsi

Clipper

Feb 7, 2020
I’m still running in my Evo Aeon though I listen periodically I find the Evo Aeon a tremendous upgrade , its the most thrilling playback so far i have experienced in my modest system ....Lamm, Gershwin Acoustic’s speakers , AudioByte Vox dac .

Reactions: flyer

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Made contact with a friendly UK dealer of 432Evo. Once lockdown eased, will go and audition the Aeon server likely thru the Merason Dac1. He's confident I'm very much gonna like what I'll hear.

Reactions: Clipper

Redphu

Sep 24, 2018
A suggestion if I may, can we get a few volunteers to test the various players out on the market and come to a consensus, similar to the very informative thread on lampi pacific tube rolling.

Reactions: Clipper

Clipper

Feb 7, 2020
@Clipper

please keep us updated on your findings. I may have an Evo standard on the way.
Congratulations on the Standard model , though I may not be the best guy here describing findings with my 432 Evo however I can tell you it’s the best most thrilling digital playback I have experienced in my home .

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I live in the USA and I have A very nice two channel system. Viking Acoustic Grande Voix Speakers, Canary Audio Grand Reference 300B Mono Amps, C1800 Pre-amp and a Lumin X-1 Dac/ Streamer. All of my music is streamed or laoded on a Synology NAS. I absolutely love the Lumin X-1 and it allowed me to get rid of another DAC and a music serve

I am getting the bug again to see if I can improve my sound even more. Enter 432 Aeon which can't be demo'ed in the USA. Does anyone have any experience with the combination of the Lumin X-1 with the 432 Aeon? I am dying to know if there is any sound upgrade by adding the 432? What could I expect in the way of sound improvement with the 432?

I am functionally blind so it is hard for me to read this thread in its entirety.

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
Congratulations on the Standard model , though I may not be the best guy here describing findings with my 432 Evo however I can tell you it’s the best most thrilling digital playback I have experienced in my home .
Congrats on the 432 EVO AEON, how does it compare to the Innuos Statement + Phoenix combo you had? Do you use the usb output or HDMI?

One off-topic question, does the Puritan work well powering big amplifiers or do you plug your Lamm directly into the wall?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing