Oh jeez - M6, another super-speaker from Magico

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
I can’t comment about all Magico speakers but the M6 and the M2 are superb speakers. I have both of them in my listening room right now (and a few other excellent speakers as well) and they are both wonderful. There are no perfect speakers in my experience but a minor few of them have far fewer flaws than most. I definitely put the M2 and the M6 in this category. I personally don’t think either of these products deserve such derision.

@DMSB YG Sonja 2 series are worthy of your consideration as well. Enjoy.

DMSB

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2017
@DMSB YG Sonja 2 series are worthy of your consideration as well. Enjoy.
Had the v1 for years. Demoed the v2, excellent speakers but the M6 better overall in most areas.

Reactions: Mdp632

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
It needs to be said that DMSB is affiliated with MSB, and they have now chosen to exhibit with Magico, after using YG for years, after Magico put an MSB SELECT in their listening room.
Which is a shame, from where I'm at :)

Oh please. Do you always have to assume ulterior motives? Be careful, this may bite you back ;).

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
What are you talking about? I pointed out a fact. DMSB doesn't have his affiliation on his signature, so I felt I should point that out.
And MSB is associated with Magico now and vice-versa. Where's the "ulterior motive"? They have a good relationship that works for them, and I'm actually happy for them. Yeah I added a little snarky comment in the end, for fun, as I obviously don't agree with their assessment. That's why I added the emoticon, in case you didn't see it.
Again, what was the point of your post?

Ahh makes sense now. Probably another thread but , as it well known dealers and manufactures often team up to split the cost of their respective rooms at shows.

To that end , doesn’t make the “synergy “ or paring the best but , It’s what works for both parities involved.

I read @DMSB post and assumed he was an end user and had various brands in his own room for comparison and preferred the m6 over the Sonja 2 with the same front end.

Reactions: asiufy

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
What are you talking about? I pointed out a fact. DMSB doesn't have his affiliation on his signature, so I felt I should point that out.
And MSB is associated with Magico now and vice-versa. Where's the "ulterior motive"? They have a good relationship that works for them, and I'm actually happy for them. Yeah I added a little snarky comment in the end, for fun, as I obviously don't agree with their assessment. That's why I added the emoticon, in case you didn't see it.
Again, what was the point of your post?

Your post seemed to imply that DMSB had reasons to prefer Magico other than just the sound. If that is not the case, it's all good :).

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I read @DMSB post and assumed he was an end user and had various brands in his own room for comparison and preferred the m6 over the Sonja 2 with the same front end.

That is how I read it too.

Reactions: PeterA

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
It needs to be said that DMSB is affiliated with MSB, and they have now chosen to exhibit with Magico, after using YG for years, after Magico put an MSB SELECT in their listening room.
Which is a shame, from where I'm at :)

Alex, why does it "need" to be said? He made a comment about the sound of the Magico M6 speaker in a thread about the M6 speaker.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
That implication is only in your malicious head.
But of course, the big bad dealer would have "ulterior motives", right?
Again, you should think twice before posting malicious, contentless posts like you did...

Malicious head, huh? Alex, I bet I am not the only one here who at the very least finds your post, shall we say, ambiguous in intent. Why then make such a post in the first place?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Alex, why does it "need" to be said? He made a comment about the sound of the Magico M6 speaker in a thread about the M6 speaker.

In this case I do agree that industry affiliations need to be disclosed. If DMSB comments Wilson is good when he is not dealing in Wilson, then that's fine

Reactions: tima

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Peter and Al... who pissed in your cheerios this morning? You guys are on a tear! :p

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
The ambiguity only exists when you have a pre-conceived notion of a person/dealer.

I'd rather say that the ambiguity lies in the post itself.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Because, being affiliated with MSB, DMSB has made their choice very clear. Not having his affiliation show is a problem, and has led at least one user to suggest a different brand.

@asiufy Thank you for your post. As I've stated ; without knowing who DMSB (Daniel Gullman?) is. I assumed he was an end user that had access to many different speakers that he was trying out in his listening room and on the same electronics. The end he subjectively preferred the M6 in his system and room.

Knowing that isn't the case now. I and this in my opinion only that DMSB might have perceived bias or have some kind of business relationship with Magico. Which isn't uncommon in the industry but, as Alex made clear if the poster is or represents MSB.

That explains a lot.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
The ambiguity only exists when you have a pre-conceived notion of a person/dealer.
Again, for the 100th time, my point was to make clear to others DMSB's affiliation, and I was probably as factual as I can be.

If it's the moderator's interest, I can delete my comments in this thread. I was just trying to help, but some folks seem to see malice in every single thing that I post.

Alex, you could ask the moderators to enforce their policy to mention his industry affiliation and you could contact the member directly and ask him to do it. I think that might accomplish your goals.

And then once the affiliation is clear though now it is because of your post, we can still take his comment about what he thinks of the sound of the M6.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
And BTW, Alex, I had already offered the alternative that you had no ill intent, even with a conciliatory smiley face:

If that is not the case, it's all good :).

What does it say that you did not take it and instead needed to accuse me of having a "malicious head"?

You could simply have responded, yes, this is not the case.

DMSB

Industry Expert
Aug 9, 2017
I’m sorry if I stepped in a political no go zone. In my defense, my opinion was clearly solicited and I thought I was in a position to reply because I had in depth experience with the products mentioned and no financial stake in either. To clarify my company has no financial stake in any speaker company, YG, Magico or any other. I also like both YGs and Magicos product a lot! I use speakers daily as a development tool for our products and we also use them to promote our gear at shows because we do not manufacture any ourselves. Unlike a dealer who needs to support the lines they have we have the luxury to choose anything we want to. If we need speakers or other gear we buy it. If the manufacturer wants to trade for a product we make as part of the deal then yes we love that too. In the past we have made some terrible choices of gear partners at shows for financial or political reasons but that has backfired on us too often.

In my opinion there are no perfect audio products, and with speakers its even harder to optimize every necessary attribute. I find many speakers will optimize just a handful of attributes at the expense of all others, or completely ignore a few gaping holes in their abilities. Such speakers can still be very musically enjoyable but are not very useful for me. I require speakers that have optimized the majority of attributes as much as possible and leave no gaping holes in their performance or I may inadvertently design products with lopsided performance. I also develop with multiple speakers at once because some are much better at specific things, or present very different loads, or have very different efficiencies. In some listening sessions I will listen to up to three different speakers (thats about the limit of my aural concentration and flexibility). That is the perspective I am commenting from.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
One last thing before I go, which I want to make PERFECTLY clear, regardless of the crap that went down.
I think it's BRILLIANT that Magico is using MSB. I wish every single speaker manufacturer used MSB, whether we sell them or not. Heck, I wish everybody would own MSB, so they can enjoy their digital as much as I do.
That's it.
Peace, out.

Alex

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
A thread like this would be inconceivable over at that Magico love-in, Audioshark...

Reactions: PeterA

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
If it got deleted it would be because of all the off topic posts in this thread. As long as it stays on topic any comment is acceptable.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
If it got deleted it would be because of all the off topic posts in this thread. As long as it stays on topic any comment is acceptable.
Hmm, I've seen members on that forum whose views don't align with the Forum owner disappear after being banned for life to send a message to other members not to post comments/threads which are critical of product lines the owner/admin carries. So at the very least, a thread like this on his forum would be on very thin ice from day 1..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing