Pilium Audio in action-

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
World first pair of Pilium Atlas monoblocks is here alongside the Olympus pre. It’s too late now after a long day of waiting and setting them up, so will report how they sound later. After nearly 10 months of patiently waiting, finally I have them in my room :)

IMG_7131.jpeg

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
World first pair of Pilium Atlas monoblocks is here alongside the Olympus pre. It’s too late now after a long day of waiting and setting them up, so will report how they sound later. After nearly 10 months of patiently waiting, finally I have them in my room :)

View attachment 110716
WOW! Congrats!!!

Reactions: Pokey77 and sonrock

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Incredible! Enjoy and look forward reading all about them!

Reactions: sonrock

TDX

Jan 14, 2020

View attachment 110716
This is very impressive

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com

View attachment 110716
I’m drooling all over my keyboard! o_O

My wife says your rig looks amazing, she loves it. ;)

itay123

Mar 5, 2023

View attachment 110716
WOW!! WOW!!

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
I had the pleasure of hosting Mr. Konstantinos Pilios CEO & Founder of Pilium Audio at my home And Mr. kosta, an engineer in the company
and Mr. Guy Raguan, local distributor of Pilium in my country.

Almost 4 hours went of Excellent music, fascinating discussion's and infinite quality.

Thank you.

20230603_210710.jpg

Right: Mr. Konstantinos Pilios, Mr. Guy Raguan and Mr. Kosta.

2ddaf5f5-a2ff-40e4-832e-dacfb0fa6b54.jpg

Me between those Gentlemen's.

Last edited:

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
The Atlas monoblocks are incredibly heavy, must be around 180-200 kg each. Their size is massive too as you can see how deep and thick they are when sitting alongside my speakers.

Paul, my UK distributor friend, and his sons came over with 3 massive flight cases and helped setting them up.

Just some more pictures about them before I have a chance to let you know how they sing with the Sigma Acoustic Maat Vector Xac. Please hang in there and while waiting, just enjoying your music :)

IMG_7385.jpeg IMG_7383.jpeg IMG_7386.jpeg IMG_7382.jpeg

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
A very quick update from me about the magic that Pilium and Sigma Acoustic are making in my room.

Konstantinos and Kosta came over from Israel with Dave, my UK distributor friend, to fine tune the amps and make sure they’re at their very best.

Actually the Maat Vector Xac speakers are very efficient at over 100db/8ohm, but they do require a lot of power, decent/pure power for them to deliver best sound. And the Pilium combo does just that.

Not to mention that when we switched from Crystal dream speaker cables, single wire, to the Whitegold cables, triwires, it’s just like night and day. Our gentlemen were pretty amazed by how the sound transformed here.

As the Atlas monoblocks and Olympus pre are literally brand new, so it’ll take sometime for them to properly burn in and optimise their performance, but what I can say is music flows naturally with lot of juices and sweets.

Even at low volume, everything is totally under control and bass is still tight and punchy. Vocals and instruments sound just the way they should do in real life.

I can say that it is crazy dynamic with massive soundstage beyond the walls. The Karan amps made their trademark with those 2 categories, but the Pilium is also on another planet of its own.

I’ll let you know how things progress in the future but hopefully you can have some ideas about the Atlas which are just too new to all of us.

Well done Sirs and thank you for coming over today from very far away. First class service!

IMG_7390.jpeg

Last edited:

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
It's amazing to see and hear, these two respectable figures, visiting the house of select customers in the globe, Spontaneous in their way ,
Shows respect and appreciation for the customer. Which in itself is very rare. and special!

as for PILIUM
Transparent, Clean, Dynamic and Natural CONTROL is all about.

sonrock

Apr 15, 2013
This song, to me, is simply fantastic in every meaningful way and I think it’s an amazing track to test the system from vocal, acoustic, dynamic and control as it’ll bring us through different stages from the beginning until the end.

With the combination between Pilium and Sigma Acoustic, the system now has brought music closer to life. It dances when the music dances and it rocks when the music rocks.

happy listening Sirs and Madams and enjoy your weekend!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing