Psvane Acme Series (new flagship series)

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
If you can find a pair the one to get is Telefiunken NOS ECC803S , the Holy Grail of 12AX7

If you feel comfortable sending $2,300 to a seller in Vietnam...

The cost is disproportionate to the value, even if they are the nicest sounding 12AX7s.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
If you feel comfortable sending $2,300 to a seller in Vietnam...

The cost is disproportionate to the value, even if they are the nicest sounding 12AX7s.

i totally disagree. I’ve been fortunate over the past 10 years to own two pair of these

they will transform your system

BTW $2300 for an NOS matched set is about half what you might find authentic ones which makes me wonder if they are authentic or whether they are even a matched set.
They last 10000 hours

ii Have an all tube system and it’s the only tube I have ever rolled. Simply put they are gold to a tube lover but there are many counterfeits of that tube for obvious reasons

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
i totally disagree. I’ve been fortunate over the past 10 years to own two pair of these

they will transform your system

BTW $2300 for an NOS matched set is about half what you might find authentic ones which makes me wonder if they are authentic or whether they are even a matched set.
They last 10000 hours

ii Have an all tube system and it’s the only tube I have ever rolled. Simply put they are gold to a tube lover but there are many counterfeits of that tube for obvious reasons

Steve, it is just my opinion. I have owned $50k worth of tubes over the years. I know what difference they make in my equipment.

I just purchased a pair of NOS Siemen-Halske 12AX7s for $250. They sound great in my phono pre. Would the Tele ECC803s sound better? Maybe. It just isn't worth $5000 to me to find out. Plus, buying these tubes from overseas sellers is a risk. If I could find then in the US from a seller with whom I have dealt before I may consider it.

Likewise, I have a quad of the "holy grail" of 12AT7s, the Telefunken ECC801S. They are a lot less expensive than the ECC803S and I like them but I don't think they are heads above other 12AT7s that I have used.

Steve Williams

I CS also have a quad set of Ecc801S (12AT7) in my Doshi tape pre. They are easier to find and less money. I totally agree about an overseas purchase and knowing nothing about the tubes. Personally I would pass. You want a matched set with measurements to prove it. China has become good at counterfeiting the ECC803S

Reactions: dminches

Steve Williams

faggella

Jan 8, 2020
Hi Faggella,
Actually the seller (Robert) had a pair which he sold to me with the amp. Later after trying many other 12ax7s and realising the telefunkan sounded the most balanced, most transparent yet fluid, also with the lowest noise floor, I wanted a 2nd pair to keep for future, but found out the pair he gave me was his last. He said when he get his hands on another he will let me know. Only then i realized that NOS 12xa7 telefunkans are not that common or easy to find as matched pair in good condition and priced fairly on top of that........

Thanks for the reply.
I have read in various forums that Robert is a seller known and appreciated not only in Singapore, but also in the United States and Australia.
I would like to buy the Line Magnetic LM-219IA from Robert. In Europe it is difficult to find and has a high cost.
Unfortunately i haven't experience of tube sound. Line Magnetic would be my first purchase.

I would like to know if Robert attaches the wiring diagram for any future technical interventions as documentation.

These are some improvements made by Robert on the LM-219IA and I think also on the 845 premium:
"The power section capacitors upgraded to Mundorf & Vishay capacitors with low noise rectifier. option of coupling capacitor includes Urushi capacitors, Mundorf SGO capacitors, Furutech Rohdium IEC inlets etc."

Could you tell me the price of the Telefunken that Robert gave you?
What would be a fair price for a matching pair?
Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: sujay

Saleh84

Jul 26, 2019
Thanks for the reply.
I have read in various forums that Robert is a seller known and appreciated not only in Singapore, but also in the United States and Australia.
I would like to buy the Line Magnetic LM-219IA from Robert. In Europe it is difficult to find and has a high cost.
Unfortunately i haven't experience of tube sound. Line Magnetic would be my first purchase.

These are some improvements made by Robert on the LM-219IA and I think also on the 845 premium:
"The power section capacitors upgraded to Mundorf & Vishay capacitors with low noise rectifier. option of coupling capacitor includes Urushi capacitors, Mundorf SGO capacitors, Furutech Rohdium IEC inlets etc."

Could you tell me the price of the Telefunken that Robert gave you?
What would be a fair price for a matching pair?
Regards

I can confirm that Robert is a great person to deal with, and if you are eyeing a line magnetic he is the right person to get it from. His tweaks makes these awesome amps sound even better than intended. His pricing is excellent as well. In short, he was the best price i could find for LM845 including the internal upgrades. Go figure! The feeling u get is he is an Audiophile running a shop, rather than a trader selling Audiophile stuff ))

After checking the website mentioned in a comment yesterday, seems the ones i got are NOS, made in west Germany and its written on the tube, barely readable (from what i read, avoid east Germany facility telefunkans), but obviously there are different types of NOS telefunkan that varies in price from thousands of dollars (!!) To couple of hundreds. I couldn't figure out what i had exactly but obviously they were not a super rare ones, i think Robert charged me like 270 or 300 Singaporean dollars can't remember and lazy to dig the invoice. But it was not more than that for sure. Same price range you can find in stock at the tube website mentioned here yesterday.

Well wither you get the 219ia or the 845 premium, coming from solid state, you will be a happy man! Good move in general, and good choice of an amp as well. From reading forums, filtering the real deal advice from noise, line magnetic is an excellent choice that sounds a lot more than asking price. However, A key factor though is a matching efficient speaker. Mine like mentioned before is cube audio nenuphar. Its like they were made for each other!
In a couple of weeks i will probably hear my LM845 vs an aris cerat genus integrated on nenuphar. $$$$$$ and made in Cyprus, very highly praised, well if my amp holds its own then that would the final confirmation to me that i absolutely made the right choice. Even if it doesn't, its cheaper than genus by a good amount!
ACME 300Bs and 845s are a major factor of the satisfaction I'm getting now. Reversed out of curiosity to stock for a couple of days, they are very very decent as stock, but u lose a lot of air, depth, bass tightness, and tonality. If u have not heard the ACMEs, your would be fine. But if you do, its impossible to go back! You have been warned )))

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
12ax7 is ECC83. Dual triode.

There are many great options that cost less than the Telefunken, which can be highly detailed and sterile. Indeed, for preamp duties, the ECC81 and 82 are generally better. however, they both have less gain than the ECC83. Other brands have more musically, less dead sounding, but of course system synergy matters.

NEC is probably the best straight ECC83 out there, buit cost a kidney or too. Mazda is good. Japan has some GREAT makes, but not cheap.

For quality NOS/vintage makes at affordable prices: Philips DELTA codes from the 60s and derivatives like bugleboy, Dario, Valvo, etc. Certain Tesla and Tngsram too (white label?). Froim the German camp, the RFT, RSD, Loernzos and Seimens merit a look in.

Reactions: faggella

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I can confirm that Robert is a great person to deal with, and if you are eyeing a line magnetic he is the right person to get it from. His tweaks makes these awesome amps sound even better than intended. His pricing is excellent as well. In short, he was the best price i could find for LM845 including the internal upgrades. Go figure! The feeling u get is he is an Audiophile running a shop, rather than a trader selling Audiophile stuff ))

After checking the website mentioned in a comment yesterday, seems the ones i got are NOS, made in west Germany and its written on the tube, barely readable (from what i read, avoid east Germany facility telefunkans), but obviously there are different types of NOS telefunkan that varies in price from thousands of dollars (!!) To couple of hundreds. I couldn't figure out what i had exactly but obviously they were not a super rare ones, i think Robert charged me like 270 or 300 Singaporean dollars can't remember and lazy to dig the invoice. But it was not more than that for sure. Same price range you can find in stock at the tube website mentioned here yesterday.

Well wither you get the 219ia or the 845 premium, coming from solid state, you will be a happy man! Good move in general, and good choice of an amp as well. From reading forums, filtering the real deal advice from noise, line magnetic is an excellent choice that sounds a lot more than asking price. However, A key factor though is a matching efficient speaker. Mine like mentioned before is cube audio nenuphar. Its like they were made for each other!
In a couple of weeks i will probably hear my LM845 vs an aris cerat genus integrated on nenuphar. $$$$$$ and made in Cyprus, very highly praised, well if my amp holds its own then that would the final confirmation to me that i absolutely made the right choice. Even if it doesn't, its cheaper than genus by a good amount!
ACME 300Bs and 845s are a major factor of the satisfaction I'm getting now. Reversed out of curiosity to stock for a couple of days, they are very very decent as stock, but u lose a lot of air, depth, bass tightness, and tonality. If u have not heard the ACMEs, your would be fine. But if you do, its impossible to go back! You have been warned )))
The recti is very, very good.

Reactions: christoph

faggella

Jan 8, 2020
A few days ago I contacted a seller to purchase psvane acme vacuum tubes (http://psvaneaudio.com). The prices are very competitive and the seller is kind and willing to negotiate the price. In these days I have searched the site again to update myself on the prices of the vacuum tubes but it is no longer reachable. Technical problems or scam site?

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I’m in the US. I bought mine through their affiliate in Canada, Grant Fidelity. Use the vacuum tube link on their site.
I bought mine with them too, very fast delivery and no custom duty - they know how to deal with ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: faggella and Ed_K

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I live in Italy and by purchasing from Canada, I pay customs duties.
Not if the value declared by the supplier is very low;)

Reactions: faggella

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
Last edited:

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
I get the feeling the Acme 274B has less gain than most, if not all, of the other tubes I have tried. Lending itself to mate well with more output tubes and thus more preamps.
Early days but this is ditto my observation too. It portrays the music less forward and less aggressive than the RK 5u4g. I find it mates better with my PX4 than the RK

Reactions: marslo and adamaley

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing