Psvane Acme Series (new flagship series)

jeffreybehr

Dec 16, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona USA
www.flickr.com
Ahh...if only I still had the Antique Sound Lab Exporer 805 poweramps I bought in 2005.

Amp on pad lited_1000w .jpg
I had improved many parts substantially, including all-BlackGate caps in the frontend. They drove my Quad 989s...
Quad and 805DT_1000h.jpg
...quite well.

Much equipment has passed thru my musicroom since then.

Reactions: the sound of Tao

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
https://www.hifi-amplifiers.com/en/...-tube-upgraded-we211-matched-pair-p-5265.html

I place an order of Acme 805 tube an hour ago to compare with Cossor 805 tube which is better than stock 805 tube of LM 508 with more refined treble and deeper bass.

Cossor 805 is a good value.

https://www.hifi-amplifiers.com/en/...nd-vacuum-tubes-best-matched-pair-p-5126.html

I keep at least one spare tube just in case tube blow out.

I received Acme 805 tube yesterday.

Please note that both tube are made by same company Psvane.

Cossor valve was league above from stock tube with refined bass and deeper bass.

As soon I replaced Cossor Valve 805 with Acme 805 today, I noticed clear window of transparency and more details.

The soundstage got wider with 3-d holographic with clear window.

It seems like I had added pre amp since the change was so drastic.

It had not been burnt yet so it may be possible to change its sound for the next 2 weeks.

But the first impression is very positive.

I will keep you informed of the progress.

I also have pair of NOS United 805 tubes which I had not used yet.

After Acme got fully broken in, I will also compare it with NOS United.

Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Thank you Thomas,
Off to a great start, enjoy! Looking forward to your updates.

Reactions: thomask

BLitz

Mar 7, 2013
I'd really like to see pictures of this system.

Smile...i really do not want to go off topic here...but as you asked...and we all wait...here you go...(I follow the concept that you can live in the chassis)

Attachments

• IMG_20181226_183158.jpeg
    IMG_20181226_183158.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20181226_183101.jpeg
    IMG_20181226_183101.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20181226_183122.jpeg
    IMG_20181226_183122.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 84

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I wrote Rachel at Grant Fidelity about the new Acme series, looking at getting a pair of 2A3 tubes for my amps. They weren't available at that time. I'll see whether they are in stock yet. Been very happy with my current Psvane grey 2A3's - which have lasted 4 plus years.

Larry

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
GD Parts replaced the tubes without a question and before receiving the faulty ones. This time I made them send the tubes to a friend of a friend in China, who graciously agreed to bring them to me. So, no postal services crisis this time! Fingers crossed, he will be here mid January!

freesole

Dec 11, 2018
Got them today. They are beautiful. Now to see how they sound...

Marchino

Jan 4, 2019
Hello everyone
I am new on this forum and very much interested in the new Psvane ACME 300B
I am using the Psvane 300B-T markII Silver Bottle.
Not much info on the Psvane ACME 300B yet so I was wondering if any one who have these new tubes no can share some info yet.

Thanks

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
One of Psavne Acme 805 tube went bad with distortion with bias reaching only 50mA instead of 120mA after use of just 7 days.

I had tried to reach seller five times asking for replacement tube for 6 days.

But he did not respond to my message at all.

I had ordered tubes three times from him..

Previously, he used to respond to my inquiry within 2 days.

Now I do not have any faith in reliability of Psavne Acme tube which is pretty expensive.

I recommend you not to order any item from this terrible dealer.

PSVANE Acme Serie 805 Vacuum Tube High-end tube Be

Last edited:
Reactions: JPDV

RTiger

Jan 7, 2019
I'm not ready to go as far as the above but there does seem to be a break in communication.
I have made several attempt's to communicate with my seller and none so far have been answered.

Mine are 2A3's and upon first try my experience was much like thomask. It sounded as if several veils were lifted and the sound was quite clear. I also noted that the bass was more solid than the tubes they replaced. Since then they have been very lackluster and even boring to listen to. My hope's are that surely they wouldn't sell tubes for such a price unless; a. mine are in some way faulty or b. like other Chinese tubes they take several hundred hours to reveal themselves. So, ..yawn, someone please wake me up when the real ride begins. In the meantime Psvane, we could all use some reassurance that we didn't just throw all our money into an empty rabbit hole. We want the good's.

BLitz

Mar 7, 2013
Well, this sounds like my WE replica 274b experience...4-5 hours really wonderful and veils have been lifted...than boring...and few hundred hours later still. Stayed away from Psvane after that.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
I'm not ready to go as far as the above but there does seem to be a break in communication.
I have made several attempt's to communicate with my seller and none so far have been answered.

Mine are 2A3's and upon first try my experience was much like thomask. It sounded as if several veils were lifted and the sound was quite clear. I also noted that the bass was more solid than the tubes they replaced. Since then they have been very lackluster and even boring to listen to. My hope's are that surely they wouldn't sell tubes for such a price unless; a. mine are in some way faulty or b. like other Chinese tubes they take several hundred hours to reveal themselves. So, ..yawn, someone please wake me up when the real ride begins. In the meantime Psvane, we could all use some reassurance that we didn't just throw all our money into an empty rabbit hole. We want the good's.

The dealer used to respond to my e-mail in two days.

But with claim of bad tube, he stopped responding to me at all..

Will Paypal be the best way to punish him?

sale@hifi-amplifiers.com
? 2018-12-26, ?? 12:47
?
?

ok sir
thanks

admin@primeamp.com
Date: 2018-12-26 16:43​
Subject: Re: Order Confirmation No: 11720​
I received Acme 805 tube yesterday.​
Please note that both tube are made by same company Psvane.​
Cossor valve was league above from stock tube with refined bass and deeper bass.​
As soon I replaced Cossor Valve 805 with Acme 805 today, I noticed clear window of transparency and more details.​
It seem like I had inserted pre amp since the change was so drastic.​
The soundstage got wider with 3-d holographic with clear window.​
It had not been burnt yet so it may be possible to change its sound for the next 2 weeks.​
But the first impression is very positive.​
I will keep you informed of the progress.​
I also have pair of NOS United 805 tubes which I had not used yet.​
After Acme got fully broken in, I will also compare it with NOS United.​
Order Confirmation​
Thomas Kong,​
Thanks for shopping with us today!​
The following are the details of your order.​
Order Number: 11720​
Date Ordered: Thursday 20 December, 2018​
Products
1 xPSVANE Acme Serie 805 Vacuum Tube High-end tube Best Matched Pair (Psvane Acme Serie 805)$732.99 USD​
---------Sub-Total:$732.99 USDFREE SHIPPING! (Free Shipping Delivery Charge.):$0.00 USDTotal:$732.99 USD​
Hello​
As usual, I expect you to ship it fast​
thanks​
United States​
Payment Method
PayPal​

Last edited:

RTiger

Jan 7, 2019
It may be to early to judge the results. I would like to hear from someone that has 200 plus hour's. Also, I think Psvane should clear the air on the subject. Their neck's are in the proverbial noose on this one and I hope they recognize it. When your charging serious money then you better back what your selling. I wonder if the reason we're not hearing back from the seller is because they're waiting to hear back from Psvane. In the meantime I will keep breaking in the tubes.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
It may be to early to judge the results. I would like to hear from someone that has 200 plus hour's. Also, I think Psvane should clear the air on the subject. Their neck's are in the proverbial noose on this one and I hope they recognize it. When your charging serious money then you better back what your selling. I wonder if the reason we're not hearing back from the seller is because they're waiting to hear back from Psvane. In the meantime I will keep breaking in the tubes.

Within 7days, the tube went bad with bias going up to only 50mA not 120mA as recommended.

I had tried to adjust it using bias meter in LM 508 with no use.

It went up to only 60mA.

The issue is not quality of sound but the reliability of tube and bad dealer support.

BLitz

Mar 7, 2013
paypal is blocking the money for 30 days if I am not mistaken. Withing 30 days, they will bring back your money. You simply should state you got a defective unit. Defective is the key word which triggers the reimbursement process. You should raise the claim as soon as you realize the defect. Immediately. Otherwise you may run out of the time window.

GD sells them with 2 years warranty. Would be nice to understand what this is worth and if their process works.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Sorry to hear of your woes with the Acmes guys, sounding like some very troubling news. I hope things work out for the both of you and that also Kodomo’s replacements come through and actually prove their worth. Please keep us all updated and hoping things start turning around for how they perform.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
GD Parts replaced my tubes and they have arrived at my friends. My friend has sent me a photo too just to check if we have a problem visually. There were none. I have asked GD Parts for tubes measuring 90mA this time and as the photo shows, they have sent those.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-12-28 at 20.10.53.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-12-28 at 20.10.53.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 25

Marchino

Jan 4, 2019
Whit my previous Psvane 300B tubes I had similar experience but always after around 300 hours they turned out great and stabile.
I can’t speak for the new Acme serie of course but can imagine it must be the same.
I just ordered the WE300B plus and prepare myself for this 300 hours sometimes nice but most of the time boring music.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing