Question on power conditioning for amplifiers

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Bruce, have you found using additional power conditioning products such as a power distributor with EMI/RFI filtering useful with the Equi=tech? I'm currently using the Isoclean 80A3 and a Quantum QX4 with my source equipment. My amp is currently plugged straight into a dedicated circuit.

We purchased the EMI/RFI filtering option as well as the OFC option when we bought the unit.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Bruce, have you found using additional power conditioning products such as a power distributor with EMI/RFI filtering useful with the Equi=tech? I'm currently using the Isoclean 80A3 and a Quantum QX4 with my source equipment. My amp is currently plugged straight into a dedicated circuit.

Hi Lenwhite,

i am doing the same thing...all source and pre into a Transp Ref PC, which goes into QX4...then into the wall. The power amp (full Class A 100 watts) is on a dedicated outlet (not truly dedicate circuit). i originally had the power amp going into a pc...it blew...surprise, surprise...i was told "unlimited" by the seller...and he took it back full credit towards transp ref after giving incorrect advice.

i really like what the QX4 does, btw.

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
Hi Lenwhite,

i am doing the same thing...all source and pre into a Transp Ref PC, which goes into QX4...then into the wall. The power amp (full Class A 100 watts) is on a dedicated outlet (not truly dedicate circuit). i originally had the power amp going into a pc...it blew...surprise, surprise...i was told "unlimited" by the seller...and he took it back full credit towards transp ref after giving incorrect advice.

i really like what the QX4 does, btw.

I believe my intended application is going to be a little different. I'm planning on installing a Torus 60A balanced isolation transformer fed from a 240V circuit off (2) 30A breakers in my main circuit breaker panel. The Torus WM60 will be mounted in a linen closet which shares the left side wall just behind my Solidtech ROS audio rack containing all my source equipment. The Torus WM60 has (3) dedicated 20A 120V outputs. The first WM60 20A circuit will be used to power my source equipment. I'm not sure whether I'm going to continue using the Quantum QX4, but at least initially I'll continue using the Isoclean 80A3 as a power distributor to my source equipment due to its RF filtering - although I may replace that with a star grounded power distributor later. The other (2) WM60 20A circuits will power my Lindemann 855 amp resting on the floor between my speakers and my plasma mounted on the front wall.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Hi Len, i do like my QX4...i use Transparent Audio Powerconditioner at the moment. Do you have any insights as to how the Isoclean compared with other conditioners you may have tried? Thanks for any guidance!

Rutgar

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas Area
mysite.verizon.net
I know I'm late to this thread. But I am currently plugging every piece of my 2-channel system into a Sound Application RLS-1. Including my dartZeel Integrated, and the built-in amps on the MMThree's. Initially, I was concerned about loss of dynamics, etc. But it appears there hasn't been any detriment to the sound, or dynamics of the system. So, in my case, I do plug my amps into a power conditioner. By doing this, I like the idea of the entire system being all on the same phase/circuit, and all being protected.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing