Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms

Rhapsody.Audio- Listening Rooms (RLRs)

Rhapsody.Audio would like to announce that within the next 3-4 months there will be multiple new locations where several of the product lines that Rhapsody.Audio represents will be available to audition via Rhapsody.Audio Listening Rooms (RLRs).

Initially, the RLR’s will have the products available for demonstration mentioned below. Upon opening, the DFW RLR will have a very similar product offering as that available at Rhapsody.Audio in Manhattan.

Over time, all locations will be expanding their portfolio to a comparable scale as that of NYC/DFW.

The RLRs will be available to host auditions by appointment. All product ordering and delivery logistics will be processed and supported from the Rhapsody.Audio NYC location.

Product assistance and installation will be supported by Rhapsody.Audio NYC along with the RLRs depending on customer location.

The RLR locations are:

Portland - Rhapsody.Audio RLR

Products available to audition (coming soon)

-Pilium

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

Dallas/Fort Worth Rhapsody.Audio DFW

Products available to audition:

-Alsyvox

-Diesis

-Bayz Audio

-Pilium

-VYGER

-Kondo

-Taiko Audio

-VYDA

West Palm Beach & Miami (2 Florida locations) Rhapsody.Audio WPB/Miami

West Palm Beach will open initially. Miami will follow when the RLR is ready to host customers.

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Chicago, IL Rhapsody.Audio Chicago

Products available to audition (initially):

-Alsyvox

-Pilium

-Aurender

-TelluriumQ

Long Island, NY Rhapsody.Audio Long Island

-Kondo

-Alsyvox

Dallas-RLR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the GREAT pleasure of visiting Bob Vineyard and his super duper wife Karen, at their MAGICAL Rhapsody Listening Room in Portland OR over the weekend. What a room and what a view out of the listening room!!!

Great music, incredible food and wonderful people. On my flight home at 40K ft. at the moment.

If anyone imagines that Bob has a WONDERFUL listening room, which of course he does, and Bob makes GREAT sound, which he MORE than does, then they might have a glimpse of what it's like to visit Bob in his and Karen in their Portland OR mini estate.

I knew Bob had a great room and nice view from his pics/videos but I was not prepared to experience the 100 each 150' pine trees that are outside of his back listening room window/wall.

With Mount Adams, Mount Hood, and Mount St. Helens visible from Bob's back deck and his mystical forest between him and the mountains, it's a sight that can only be realized in person.

I am a listener that prefers looking out of a window behind my speakers. I've been this type of listener since the 70s. I've had MANY listening rooms with "cool views" but have NEVER even come close to having a view that I experienced at Bob and Karen's home.

Besides being GOBSMACKED by the sound Bob makes in his 20' wide room I was mesmerized by the combination of the enveloping soundstages along with the 3D holographic view through the forest out of the back window. You don't get it from the pics, but in real life it's like nothing that I have ever experienced.

Thank you Bob and Karen, can't wait for my next visit!!!!

BOB EAST and BOB WEST-
3WhatsApp Image 2022-03-27 at 3.56.17 PM.jpeg

2WhatsApp Image 2022-03-27 at 3.56.17 PM.jpeg BobWestWhatsApp Image 2022-03-27 at 3.43.11 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
I had the GREAT pleasure of visiting Bob Vineyard and his super duper wife Karen, at their MAGICAL Rhapsody Listening Room in Portland OR over the weekend. What a room and what a view out of the listening room!!!

Great music, incredible food and wonderful people. On my flight home at 40K ft. at the moment.

If anyone imagines that Bob has a WONDERFUL listening room, which of course he does, and Bob makes GREAT sound, which he MORE than does, then they might have a glimpse of what it's like to visit Bob in his and Karen in their Portland OR mini estate.

I knew Bob had a great room and nice view from his pics/videos but I was not prepared to experience the 100 each 150' pine trees that are outside of his back listening room window/wall.

With Mount Rainier, Mount Adams, Mount Hood, and Mount St. Helens visible from Bob's back deck and his mystical forest between him and the mountains, it's a sight that can only be realized in person.

I am a listener that prefers looking out of a window behind my speakers. I've been this type of listener since the 70s. I've had MANY listening rooms with "cool views" but have NEVER even come close to having a view that I experienced at Bob and Karen's home.

Besides being GOBSMACKED by the sound Bob makes in his 20' wide room I was mesmerized by the combination of the enveloping soundstages along with the 3D holographic view through the forest out of the back window. You don't get it from the pics, but in real life it's like nothing that I have ever experienced.

BOB EAST and BOB WEST-
View attachment 90916

View attachment 90917 View attachment 90918
Congrats Bob & Bob!

david

With Mount Rainier, Mount Adams, Mount Hood, and Mount St. Helens visible from Bob's back deck and his mystical forest between him and the mountains, it's a sight that can only be realized in person.

BOB EAST and BOB WEST-
View attachment 90916

I love how the room feels cozy but open with nice views. A nice change from the man caves hidden in basements.

I love how the room feels cozy but open with nice views. A nice change from the man caves hidden in basements.
Yes Howie, in that sense it is SPECTACULAR. The pics or videos don't convey the 3-D depth through all of the trees outside in the background that you see through the windows.

At night there are carefully spaced spotlights on certain trees. It is truly mesmerizing but NOT distracting or does it diminish the sonics as the window wall was taken into account as the only reflective wall in the room when the room was designed.

What a great weekend! From my perspective, so nice to have confirmation I don’t suck at setting up speakers! We listened to the big Bayz Counterpoints on Friday evening and Saturday morning. It took some time, originally to get them to integrate with the room, but once I found that placement I have been loving these speakers. I like Copeland’s “Fanfare for the common man” to check bass response and the Counterpoints deliver a thunderous, rolling wave of energy. I’ve heard many speakers play that cut, but very few deliver the bass as a wave you feel move through your body and out your back. I sit with my feet on a footstool and can feel the energy roll up my legs and then through me. (No, not the same “tingle up my leg“ that nutty MSNBC talking head once said when he heard Obama speak.)

Then after breakfast on Saturday I swapped in the Diesis Roma. I just love these speakers — sure they don’t go quite as deep as the Bayz or Alsyvox, but its not an absense in the music in any way. If you’re a lover of deep electronica club music these probably won’t be your favorite, but there is some real magic Giuseppe has engineered into his speakers — there is Italian passion and soul and, well, these are very special speakers. I placed the Roma’s on the same granite slabs I had cut for beneath the Bayz which seemed to tighten up the lowest octave a touch but I need to tinker a little to verify. The ease and openness of the presentation never fails to draw me right into the music.

We then had an intermission for a little March Madness (and a brief power-nap for me) before I went back to the music-room and shuffled the Diesis out and Alsyvox in. Bob.east observed as I obsessed over placement, leveling the speakers and repeatedly measuring distances from my references to ensure I had the Botticelli right where I wanted ‘em. Its been a couple months since I had the Botticelli in the room — I had been enjoying the big Bayz so much and playing them for friends. My wife loves the Botticelli aesthetics, but she had grown fond of the Bayz — a unique and modern look for sure but not out of place in our room. I am personally astonished by the Botticelli when ever I hear them, how the hell does the panel deliver the deep, controlled bass I hear? No monkeying around trying to integrate a sub, the Alsyvox are astonishing. Bob had me change the position of the tweeter and mid-range crossovers up one — I had bass, mid, and tweeter in their ”neutral” positions. It will take some time to run in the resistor/capacitors and whatever else is in that signal path, and I’ll have to decide where I personally like them. But the great thing with the external crossovers is the ability to tweak and tune the delivery a bit. My room is well treated — compared to bare sheetrock walls some (knuckleheads!) might say over-damped (until they listen), so it will be instructive for me to listen with the new crossover position and learn the changes. Bob.east says his hearing on top is far from what it once was — he liked the up-1 position on the crossover. I was sitting always in the seat behind the sweetspot so I’ll reserve my opinion until I listen more.

The photos Bob.east posted… my wife asked us to turn so we’d have the forest behind us which caused my morning coffee buddy to hop down. This is my normal morning coffee ritual with Merlin.cat.

39D4423B-3288-45DB-9975-BBB212D46289.jpeg

Bob.east exaggerates a wee bit — Mt Rainer not visible from our place in Oregon. And someone above said Oregon pines — those are all fir trees. Pines on the dryer side of the Cascade mountains, firs on the wet side.

• Haha
Reactions: Rhapsody
Bob.east exaggerates a wee bit — Mt Rainer not visible from our place in Oregon. And someone above said Oregon pines — those are all fir trees. Pines on the dryer side of the Cascade mountains, firs on the wet side.
Ok, I edited out Mt. Rainer. I had to google all of the mountains as I could not remember which ones were there and somehow Mt. Rainer came up along with the others. A "sales guy" would NEVER exaggerate anything:D

• Haha
Reactions: Bobvin
Ok, I edited out Mt. Rainer. I had to google all of the mountains as I could not remember which ones were there and somehow Mt. Rainer came up along with the others. A "sales guy" would NEVER exaggerate anything:D
BV 1 & 2 now that is a listening room even my interior designer wife would approve of! Stunning all the way around! I must get up your way for a visit one day soon. Continued good luck.

So amazing, Bob, that you have two totally unique speakers to choose from, as well as an extremely interesting horn-based speaker!

Fantastic looking room and great equipment. I am staring straight into two diffusors when I am listening, must be awesome to have this view. Well, at least I have a dedicated listening room and should not complain really... But whow!

JP

Reactions: ctydwn and Bobvin
Fantastic looking room and great equipment. I am staring straight into two diffusors when I am listening, must be awesome to have this view. Well, at least I have a dedicated listening room and should not complain really... But whow!

JP
I've known Bob for several years now and he's visited me in NY a few times prior to Bob becoming part of the RLR program. I've always viewed the pics of his room (gorgeous) and the videos he posted, which were also very nice. BUT when I visited Bob a few weeks ago I was gobsmacked with the room and the view. The pics and the videos don't convey what the real experience is like when you sit in his room.

Because of the acoustic design of the room it pretty much doesn't matter what speakers you connect, they all sound amazing, but it has a LOT to do with the room acoustics.

The view is SO 3D looking out through the 100 FIR trees outside the windows. This 3D aspect does NOT come through pics or the videos.

Congrats to Bob, his wonderful wife Karen (who allows and supports all of this!!!) and Bonnie is room designer. imho all three combined for a GRAND SLAM experience.

When we embarked on the remodel, I originally wanted to remove the two doors and change the window to a big cinema like 16x9 or 23.9x1. Sadly, building code required ingress/egress to the room, so it messed up the idea—I would still have needed some sections that opened which would have put a brace vertically or horizontally through the view. Then there was the additional expense of building a new header on an outside, load bearing wall. We scrapped the idea, and with the curtains, including the special acoustic liner, between the window and the doors we ended up with a visually pleasing and good sounding solution.

Having Bob come visit was a treat. Selfishly, there was also the great confirmation of the room acoustics. I love how the room sounds, my audio buddies do too—but I have not had a visitor who has heard as many rooms and setups as Bob has. I know Steve Williams is thrilled with the results of his Bonnie engineered listening space, he has the bona fides to have spoken convincingly of the results. Me, I’m just a shlub up in the Oregon boonies who somehow has managed to piece it together.

I am always happy to share, it is one of my great pleasures in this hobby. I had a little anxiety over the idea of setting up speakers as an “audition” type situation, but that is gone now. All are welcome to just come listen or to “audition”, regardless of speaker, you’ll hear them at their best—so you’ll know what each is capable of. And all three are speakers I could happily live with. What is my favorite speaker? Which ever one is playing, they are each very special and unique, and a nice departure from “box” speakers.

Last edited:

With Mount Adams, Mount Hood, and Mount St. Helens visible from Bob's back deck and his mystical forest between him and the mountains, it's a sight that can only be realized in person.

BOB EAST and BOB WEST-
View attachment 90916

very sharp place best of luck

Reactions: Rhapsody and Bobvin
Bob, have you had a chance to discuss with any of your customers what the experience is like compared to what they are used to from a regular brick and mortar dealership? I would suspect the experience would be more relaxed and comfortable with less sales pressure and a nice alternative to the traditional dealer experience, but I really don’t know.

It’ll be fun to read future reports from visitors who have bought some of your speakers describing what the experience was like now that you are up and running. It’ll be good new content for the forum.

Reactions: ctydwn
When we embarked on the remodel, I originally wanted to remove the two doors and change the window to a big cinema like 16x9 or 23.9x1. Sadly, building code required ingress/egress to the room, so it messed up the idea—I would still have needed some sections that opened which would have put a brace vertically or horizontally through the view. Then there was the additional expense of building a new header on an outside, load bearing wall. We scrapped the idea, and with the curtains, including the special acoustic liner, between the window and the doors we ended up with a visually pleasing and good sounding solution.

Having Bob come visit was a treat. Selfishly, there was also the great confirmation of the room acoustics. I love how the room sounds, my audio buddies do too—but I have not had a visitor who has heard as many rooms and setups as Bob has. I know Steve Williams is thrilled with the results of his Bonnie engineered listening space, he has the bona fides to have spoken convincingly of the results. Me, I’m just a shlub up in the Oregon boonies who somehow has managed to piece it together.

I am always happy to share, it is one of my great pleasures in this hobby. I had a little anxiety over the idea of setting up speakers as an “audition” type situation, but that is gone now. All are welcome to just come listen or to “audition”, regardless of speaker, you’ll hear them at their best—so you’ll know what each is capable of. And all three are speakers I could happily live with. What is my favorite speaker? Which ever one is playing, they are each very special and unique, and a nice departure from “box” speakers.
Thank you for the invitation, unfortunately I am about 7300 km away from Oregon :). The best of luck to you and Bob.

Reactions: Bobvin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing